PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter is on the payroll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well teams if you want him to carry a franchise, the earlier he learns the playbook, the better. If you trade for him early ( read up the ante/overpay) you have a better chance of success than waiting ( and getting outbid). I am talking to you Cleveland, SF, Chi, Arizona.....
Let the bidding begin...

My expectations are a bit tempered, but even still, I'm expecting at least a first rounder. If it's a second or less offered, I'm 99% sure Bill will just keep him. However, I can certainly see a situation where several teams are bidding against one another and it becomes quite a bounty.

I think we're getting that #12 pick. It just makes too much sense to not happen.

My super early prediction: The Pats draft OJ Howard after Bennett leaves for more money than the Pats offer.

My expectations are a bit tempered, but even still, I'm expecting at least a first rounder. If it's a second or less offered, I'm 99% sure Bill will just keep him. However, I can certainly see a situation where several teams are bidding against one another and it becomes quite a bounty.

Exactly unless Bill gets a Godfather type offer he keeps him. But with 3 desperate suitors the odds are increasing that one will overpay.

Mark my words there is going to be a bidding war for him and we're going to get way more than anyone is expecting.

Its always tough to find actual reality through the media s__tstorm of nonsense but there does seem to be a ton of potential interest in Jimmy G.

Couple that with an OK QB draft class in the draft and beyond Glass Joe Romo Jimmy there is zip in FA.

Also there are a number of teams who are QB-needy.

I think we're getting that #12 pick. It just makes too much sense to not happen.

My super early prediction: The Pats draft OJ Howard after Bennett leaves for more money than the Pats offer.

I think that would be at a minimum. SF and Chi both want him and have higher draft picks.

Exactly unless Bill gets a Godfather type offer he keeps him. But with 3 desperate suitors the odds are increasing that one will overpay.
And not just with draft picks but a player thrown in that BB have their eye on who will blossom in NE...............

Its always tough to find actual reality through the media s__tstorm of nonsense but there does seem to be a ton of potential interest in Jimmy G.

Couple that with an OK QB draft class in the draft and beyond Glass Joe Romo Jimmy there is zip in FA.

Also there are a number of teams who are QB-needy.
Hey, man, you forgot Jay Cutler may be available! But I heard the NYJ have first dibs on him :D

I rather they go defense. They can draft a tight end later on.

"Rather" as well. But Bill always seems to enjoy drafting players at positions that he feels bring value. In the first round - he's liked OL, DL, and a few times TE.

I think the Pats need to explore the fact that the Bears would be getting a "hometown kid" in JG. That hopefully is worth a premium.

Cleveland's #1 and draft Garrett...or..... that would be too rich for BB's taste......He'd parlay that #1 into a lot more.....Just BB being BB ...........

I like JG and wish we would keep him, but I understand the realities of the situation, so I hope the bidding war materializes and we get a high number one pick for him. BB's not going to trade him unless he gets the proper value back; I'm confident of that.

Mark my words there is going to be a bidding war for him and we're going to get way more than anyone is expecting.

Most have come around to the price being a top fifteen pick, I doubt it goes higher than that. I'm an optimist and I don't see it ever being two firsts.

Most have come around to the price being a top fifteen pick, I doubt it goes higher than that. I'm an optimist and I don't see it ever being two firsts.
Once the draft grades for QBs comes out and if none are graded as first round material, it will be awfully hard for a GM to justify leaving an NFL proven ( albeit small sample but bigger than a college kid) QB out there to be plucked by another team. Better to overpay knowing he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear and learned from the master....

But I'm also kind of thinking it'd be nice to control where Jimmy is going and get draft picks, rather than risk him going to a team we don't want him on.

I think that would be at a minimum. SF and Chi both want him and have higher draft picks.

But it's unlikely that they are willing to part with 2 picks, which Cleveland could do easily since they have two 2nd round picks as well.. Theirs and the Titans. They also have an extra 2018 pick they could toss in..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes