PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Cassel (and Vrabel) to Chiefs for 2009 2nd-rounder [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adam Sch. reports : Matt Cassel to Chiefs ! [merged]

as per king its a 2nd rounder....let the BB bashing begin :)

BTW..Shefter is freaking connected. People must love him with all the info he gets

There's a reason he's connected. He works for the NFL. The owners aren't stupid to route all information to a reporter who works for an entity that makes the owners money. If anyone here thinks Shefter is an actual reporter and not a sieve/mouthpiece/leaker, then they don't know the first thing about journalism.

This is a really great gag by the NFL, set up a network that disseminates information for you (i.e. a PR entity) and then pretend that they are a news enterprise. I don't blame them. This is just a form of infotainment.

great!!! then you have nothing to talk about....... c ya

you're right...not with admitted drunken morons anyway

Cassel AND Vrabel for the #34 pick; sorry, I'm not liking this one bit...............

Vrabel and Cassel for a single second round pick? Can't be true. Peter King has to be wrong.

Please, dont bring LJ to Pats . PLEASE.

Now the only question is ... In what we should expend our 3 2nd round picks?

Re: Adam Sch. reports : Matt Cassel to Chiefs !

I hear Adam S saying the pats didn't have a good running game last year..
huh.. i beg to differ.
At one point MOroney was on IR, and Morris and Jordan were hurt and we started and UDFA.

Vrabel and Cassel for a single second round pick? Can't be true. Peter King has to be wrong.

relax . this is just compensation for cassel. iam sure there is a 4th rounder or something for vrabel in place.

Thigpen to TB?

PFT Florio jokes that Culpepper with a blown out knee and AJ Feely both were traded for 2nd round picks ( and didn't need a starting LB thrown in ).

market for cassel may not have been what we thought? The tag painted us in a corner.

I previously was convinced that the Patriots wouldn't be able to work out a trade sending quarterback Matt Cassel to the Chiefs because I believed that new Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli and his former colleagues in New England feared the perception that one side got snookered.

There was no such fear, but it won't change the perception that one side got snookered.

Peter King of SI.com (who also does some work for NBC, and pretty much every other media company on the planet) reports that the Chiefs gave up only a second-round draft pick for Cassel.

Wow.

A second-round pick, for a guy who merited a $14.65 million, one-year contract based on his play in 2008.

Let's consider that for a second. Daunte Culpepper with blown-out knee was traded for a second-round pick. A.J. Feeley was traded for a second-round pick.

So, with all due apologies to the Patriots, the current score is Pioli 1, Pats 0.
Florio knows this is a bad deal for us.

maybe its because cassel has played 1 yr and teams dont want to give up their 1st rounders for him. yes if vrabel is part of the deal it makes it hard to digest but i personally never thought anyone would give their #1 for cassel especially when the pats needed to get him off the salary books and no one knows this better than pioli.

iam sure there is a 4th rounder or something for vrabel in place.

I just don't see that kind of thing being a good deal for the Pats.

In other thoughts, a deal structure that would make a lot of sense would be:

A. Cassel's contract includes (among other value) an option payment.
B. The Pats get (among other value) a conditional pick conditional upon the Chiefs picking up the option.

But that's probably too innovative for the teams to use.

Florio knows this is a bad deal for us.

I care 0% about what Florio thinks. He is a rumor monger at best and not an analyst.

Maybe Thigpen goes to the Pats in the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back