PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB's TC 2013 - Day 2, Saturday July 27

He is notorious for looking terrible in games:

Tebow sacked 28-yard loss - NFL Videos

Funny you didn't pick the video of his impressive TD run against the Jets or some other positive play. Let's face it, he's not a top flight QB, but he is an acceptable 3rd QB. He also may be one of the 20-30 best rushers in the NFL. I'll take that unique skill set in addition to him playing STs any day especially with BB putting him in positions to succeed.

Funny you didn't pick the video of his impressive TD run against the Jets or some other positive play. Let's face it, he's not a top flight QB, but he is an acceptable 3rd QB. He also may be one of the 20-30 best rushers in the NFL. I'll take that unique skill set in addition to him playing STs any day especially with BB putting him in positions to succeed.

Aside from that one Viking he claimed off waivers to spite Brad Childress, BB does not bring in players just to hang them out to dry.

And when he has players with special talents, he'll design schemes to maximize those talents (e.g., the Edelman end-arounds, and, even more notably, switching the KO coverage to hide Ventrone).

To be fair, a big part of what made Wes awesome was his durability.

True, but he did suffer one season-ending injury while he was here. He just happened to suffer it in week 17. Amendola, OTOH, suffered one of his right at the start of the season.

Cannot wait to see Dobson in action

I'd rather see Brian Hoyer at #3 on the depth chart. Or Charlie Batch, Tyler Thigpen, or Jordan Palmer. The Patriots need a guy in camp who can run a timing pass offense, not a guy who a) can't read defenses, b) would rather run than pass, and c) who releases the ball slower than Massachusetts will release Aaron Hernandez.

Although I look forward to every camp update, and read every comment; I find it hard to get excited about any player based on any practice that isn't full pads. You really can't tell much in shorts and tee shirts. When I go to a TC practice and find its a non-pad , exercise, I just try and concentrate on who has a quick first step and who shows some acceleration. Mostly I'd be looking at the DLmen to see if only of those guys are flashing a burst. But outside of that, the best part of a shorts and tee shirt practice is chatting with my fellow Pats fans.

Being retired, I tend to avoid the first few practices since they are generally the most crowded and have the least contact, and wait until the second week before I come out. By that time everyone has gotten the kinks out and our judgements (such that they are) are fairer.

Although I look forward to every camp update, and read every comment; I find it hard to get excited about any player based on any practice that isn't full pads. You really can't tell much in shorts and tee shirts. ...

Being retired, I tend to avoid the first few practices since they are generally the most crowded and have the least contact, and wait until the second week before I come out. By that time everyone has gotten the kinks out and our judgements (such that they are) are fairer.

I look forward to your coming out Ken.
I too wait for the initial crowds to dissipate and players to have a chance to adapt. Late next week for me.

this is good to know...looks like I'll be geezer hunting all week.:biggrin1:

For those attending training camp, who were you most surprised so far, good or bad?

I'd rather see Brian Hoyer at #3 on the depth chart. Or Charlie Batch, Tyler Thigpen, or Jordan Palmer. The Patriots need a guy in camp who can run a timing pass offense, not a guy who a) can't read defenses, b) would rather run than pass, and c) who releases the ball slower than Massachusetts will release Aaron Hernandez.

I would have thought that teams would prefer to have a #3 with a proven track record of being able to come in and win football games. Silly me.

this is good to know...looks like I'll be geezer hunting all week.:biggrin1:

And before you know it, you'll be included in that grouping too :cool:

I would have thought that teams would prefer to have a #3 with a proven track record of being able to come in and win football games. Silly me.

Just who did you have in mind?

Although he fits your criteria, I don't think I want to sign Sanchez after he is cut.

I'd sign Matt Cassell or Fitzpatrick but they are on contract elsewhere. I don't think too much of Henne.

And before you know it, you'll be included in that grouping too :cool:

nah...that's just camouflage...a little wrinkle cream and *voila!*...I'm 25 again...

Just who did you have in mind?

Although he fits your criteria, I don't think I want to sign Sanchez after he is cut.

I'd sign Matt Cassell or Fitzpatrick but they are on contract elsewhere. I don't think too much of Henne.

So, you're going to go out and sign a 2nd string QB like Cassel or Fitz to come here to NE to be the 3rd stringer ? Because, that's the position that we are talking about at this point. That is, unless Mallet was traded in the last half hour and the news hasn't hit the wire yet.

nah...that's just camouflage...a little wrinkle cream and *voila!*...I'm 25 again...

A little wrinkle cream ? Better try some joint compound :)

I still bench 4 reps at 275...glucosamine...my fountain of youth.the wrinkle cream crack was a joke...nothing will help the way I look in real life...

....................>
l.jpg

I still bench 4 reps at 275...glucosamine...my fountain of youth.the wrinkle cream crack was a joke...nothing will help the way I look in real life...

....................>
l.jpg

You'd be surprised at what you can do with joint compound. Would have you looking like this in no time.

joe-collier-male-model-05202012-10-435x580.jpg

True, but he did suffer one season-ending injury while he was here. He just happened to suffer it in week 17. Amendola, OTOH, suffered one of his right at the start of the season.

That's exactly right -- DA has played in 42 games during his four years and WW has played in 61 over the same four years.

Flip the timing of the season ending injuries for each player and it gets interesting.

WW would have been 46

DA would have been 57

All it really does is dispel the myth of injury prone - timing tells the real story.

None of which matters because we are here in 2013....... I wish both players have an injury free season and wish lots more success for Danny Amendola!!

mods...Expect Doom And Assume Gloom thread please...thanx..:focus:

I would have thought that teams want a quarterback that can, you know, adapt to the teams' offensive philosophy by hitting their wide receivers and making the appropriate reads so that a quarterback doesn't hold the ball for 10 seconds.

Your boy is doing quite well in camp at tight end. Too bad that he is quite poorly at quarterback. LOL

Have a good weekend troll.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
Back