PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB's TC 2013 - Day 2, Saturday July 27

SBB's TC 2013 day 2

That's exactly right -- DA has played in 42 games during his four years and WW has played in 61 over the same four years.

Flip the timing of the season ending injuries for each player and it gets interesting.

WW would have been 46

DA would have been 57

All it really does is dispel the myth of injury prone - timing tells the real story.

None of which matters because we are here in 2013....... I wish both players have an injury free season and wish lots more success for Danny Amendola!!

And these injuries were broken bones, nothing else has stopped amendola.

I would have thought that teams want a quarterback that can, you know, adapt to the teams' offensive philosophy by hitting their wide receivers and making the appropriate reads so that a quarterback doesn't hold the ball for 10 seconds.

Your boy is doing quite well in camp at tight end. Too bad that he is quite poorly at quarterback. LOL

Have a good weekend troll.

Most teams in the NFL adapt their base offense to their 2nd string QBs to some degree, in that they seriously pare down the playbook and run what those inexperienced QBs can handle (unless they have a vet backup).

You think Ryan Mallet can go out there and run everything in the Pats playbook ?

By the time you get down to the 3rd string QB, like I said, you hope for someone who might be able to win a game here and there. This is evidenced by the fact that in 3 of the last 4 years, the Pats didn't even carry a QB3, but instead, had other players who would fill the role if the need arose.

Most teams in the NFL adapt their base offense to their 2nd string QBs to some degree, in that they seriously pare down the playbook and run what those inexperienced QBs can handle (unless they have a vet backup).

You think Ryan Mallet can go out there and run everything in the Pats playbook ?

By the time you get down to the 3rd string QB, like I said, you hope for someone who might be able to win a game here and there. This is evidenced by the fact that in 3 of the last 4 years, the Pats didn't even carry a QB3, but instead, had other players who would fill the role if the need arose.

It doesn't matter. No quarterback that has to hold the ball for 10 seconds because he doesn't know how to make reads is a quarterback in practice nevermind in a NFL game.

You are going to learn real quick how the world doesn't revolve around Tim Tebow.

It doesn't matter. No quarterback that has to hold the ball for 10 seconds because he doesn't know how to make reads is a quarterback in practice nevermind in a NFL game.

You are going to learn real quick how the world doesn't revolve around Tim Tebow.

It was a freaking drill. In the real world with facing a rush, if no one is open, the QB would either throw the ball away, take off running or gasp, buy time behind the line and find an open receiver ? You know, a scramble drill type thing ?

Granted, it's not what you all are used to in NE and the coaches might not want him to do that, instead, preferring that he just ditch the ball. But if that's the case, they'll let him know.

It was a freaking drill. In the real world with facing a rush, if no one is open, the QB would either throw the ball away, take off running or gasp, buy time behind the line and find an open receiver ? You know, a scramble drill type thing ?

Granted, it's not what you all are used to in NE and the coaches might not want him to do that, instead, preferring that he just ditch the ball. But if that's the case, they'll let him know.

Yea - that Doug Flutie guy we had sucked. Flutie was 10 times the quarterback of Tebow and did it for a longer period of time.

Yea - that Doug Flutie guy we had sucked. Flutie was 10 times the quarterback of Tebow and did it for a longer period of time.

And if Doug Flutie held the ball for 10 secs in a 7 on 7 drill, you wouldn't be running around *****ing about it or claiming that it means he isn't an NFL QB.

And if Doug Flutie held the ball for 10 secs in a 7 on 7 drill, you wouldn't be running around *****ing about it or claiming that it means he isn't an NFL QB.

And if? Doug Flutie was smart enough to know that he didn't have to hold the ball for 10 seconds in any drill or play. That is the difference between Flutie, who was easily the better Heisman quarterback than Tebow.

LOL.....

And if? Doug Flutie was smart enough to know that he didn't have to hold the ball for 10 seconds in any drill or play. That is the difference between Flutie, who was easily the better Heisman quarterback than Tebow.

LOL.....

I'd love to know what kind of drugs you are on. You want to say that Flutie was a better Pro QB, I'd agree at this point. But to claim that Flutie was a better Heisman QB ? Are you serious ?

In the short time I've been here, I've seen you make some really asinine statements, but this one is absolutely trollish. Either that or you really don't know jack about football.

I'd love to know what kind of drugs you are on. You want to say that Flutie was a better Pro QB, I'd agree at this point. But to claim that Flutie was a better Heisman QB ? Are you serious ?

In the short time I've been here, I've seen you make some really asinine statements, but this one is absolutely trollish. Either that or you really don't know jack about football.

There are 89 other players on the team and you don't seem to care about them.

There are 89 other players on the team and you don't seem to care about them.

Would be kind of silly for me to offer an opinion on player X, Y, or Z without knowing anything about them. That's why I'm reading through the different camp threads (and others) trying to study up and learn about the team as a whole and the players.

Would be kind of silly for me to offer an opinion on player X, Y, or Z without knowing anything about them. That's why I'm reading through the different camp threads (and others) trying to study up and learn about the team as a whole and the players.

That would explain your thoughts on Mallett being able to bring a 2nd round pick in trade compensation.

Kidding...kidding ;)

:D

That would explain your thoughts on Mallett being able to bring a 2nd round pick in trade compensation.

Kidding...kidding ;)

:D

Hehehe,

In my defense, I didn't say that he *would*. Said that it's possible that he *could* :)

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back