PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB'S 7/30 session notesc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can just see it now.. The Pats line up either Welker or CJ for the field goal with Hoyer holding and it turns into a trick play.. or the defense is so confused they burn a TO..

I can just see it now.. The Pats line up either Welker or CJ for the field goal with Hoyer holding and it turns into a trick play.. or the defense is so confused they burn a TO..

The problem with this post is that I can only "like" it once.

Sorry nice group of people around me and I was chatting all practice. My notes will be added next. And yes posting on my phone in the sun is a pain.

Are you the guy who was talking to the woman from Coventry? If so, I was the one talking to you two seats to your left.

I didn't see much if any 34. I was intentionally looking with warrens comments but I still wouldn't read to much into it.

I agree - I didn't see one snap of a 3-4..at all - all 4-3 over/under looks.

DLine was Eric moore DE - Wilfork DT - Kyle Love/wright/ DT - Cunningham DE
LB's were Guyton Mayo Spikes.

Cunningham always had his hand in the dirt.

Alex Spilestri got some reps with the first team and looks good.

Last edited:
Are you the guy who was talking to the woman from Coventry? If so, I was the one talking to you two seats to your left.

hey!! wait a minute...I'm from R.I. too...and I'm a guy...and I take up two seats when I sit down...and...:bricks:

That was me. Nice talking to you.

Last edited:
I read that Steven Ridley had a nice day of running the ball. Fletcher may have gotten a stinger from a collision with him?

I read that Steven Ridley had a nice day of running the ball. Fletcher may have gotten a stinger from a collision with him?

Not many backs in camp right now so he got a lot of action. He seemed to be looking to the coaches a bit but ran well and was active in the pass game.

He is decent sized but I thought he was gonna be bigger. I was watching him hit the one man sled and he seemed to compress the sled more than Clayton. But that could be a case of see what you want to see.

Last edited:
Thank you for the notes.

Looks like 4-3 defense is what they might run this year which brings me to try and get Osi here!!!:p

Looks like 4-3 defense is what they might run this year which brings me to try and get Osi here!!!:p

Condon client. Not gonna happen.

43 hype aside, they still have 34 personnel and aren't quick enough to run the 43 effectively as a base. That said, I would look for a lot more 43 over mixed in with the 34. Similar personnel requirements, players won't have to sub, and Mayo playing with Wilfork and please dear lord a good Haynesworth on the guards would be incredible.

That could really work well if TB was placing. :D

I hope Edelman gets more playing time this season. Still want him on the field the same time as Welker at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
43 hype aside, they still have 34 personnel and aren't quick enough to run the 43 effectively as a base. That said, I would look for a lot more 43 over mixed in with the 34. Similar personnel requirements, players won't have to sub, and Mayo playing with Wilfork and please dear lord a good Haynesworth on the guards would be incredible.

Is "43 over" a 2-gap 4-3?

That could really work well if TB was placing. :D

At that point the defense just sells out on defending the fake, and concedes the FG. I don't see where Welker against no block attempt has a better chance of hitting the FG than Gostowski against a regular defense.

At that point the defense just sells out on defending the fake, and concedes the FG. I don't see where Welker against no block attempt has a better chance of hitting the FG than Gostowski against a regular defense.

You just got the other team to waste a timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back