PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB'S 7/30 session notesc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can just see it now.. The Pats line up either Welker or CJ for the field goal with Hoyer holding and it turns into a trick play.. or the defense is so confused they burn a TO..

I can just see it now.. The Pats line up either Welker or CJ for the field goal with Hoyer holding and it turns into a trick play.. or the defense is so confused they burn a TO..

The problem with this post is that I can only "like" it once.

Sorry nice group of people around me and I was chatting all practice. My notes will be added next. And yes posting on my phone in the sun is a pain.

Are you the guy who was talking to the woman from Coventry? If so, I was the one talking to you two seats to your left.

I didn't see much if any 34. I was intentionally looking with warrens comments but I still wouldn't read to much into it.

I agree - I didn't see one snap of a 3-4..at all - all 4-3 over/under looks.

DLine was Eric moore DE - Wilfork DT - Kyle Love/wright/ DT - Cunningham DE
LB's were Guyton Mayo Spikes.

Cunningham always had his hand in the dirt.

Alex Spilestri got some reps with the first team and looks good.

Last edited:
Are you the guy who was talking to the woman from Coventry? If so, I was the one talking to you two seats to your left.

hey!! wait a minute...I'm from R.I. too...and I'm a guy...and I take up two seats when I sit down...and...:bricks:

That was me. Nice talking to you.

Last edited:
I read that Steven Ridley had a nice day of running the ball. Fletcher may have gotten a stinger from a collision with him?

I read that Steven Ridley had a nice day of running the ball. Fletcher may have gotten a stinger from a collision with him?

Not many backs in camp right now so he got a lot of action. He seemed to be looking to the coaches a bit but ran well and was active in the pass game.

He is decent sized but I thought he was gonna be bigger. I was watching him hit the one man sled and he seemed to compress the sled more than Clayton. But that could be a case of see what you want to see.

Last edited:
Thank you for the notes.

Looks like 4-3 defense is what they might run this year which brings me to try and get Osi here!!!:p

Looks like 4-3 defense is what they might run this year which brings me to try and get Osi here!!!:p

Condon client. Not gonna happen.

43 hype aside, they still have 34 personnel and aren't quick enough to run the 43 effectively as a base. That said, I would look for a lot more 43 over mixed in with the 34. Similar personnel requirements, players won't have to sub, and Mayo playing with Wilfork and please dear lord a good Haynesworth on the guards would be incredible.

That could really work well if TB was placing. :D

I hope Edelman gets more playing time this season. Still want him on the field the same time as Welker at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
43 hype aside, they still have 34 personnel and aren't quick enough to run the 43 effectively as a base. That said, I would look for a lot more 43 over mixed in with the 34. Similar personnel requirements, players won't have to sub, and Mayo playing with Wilfork and please dear lord a good Haynesworth on the guards would be incredible.

Is "43 over" a 2-gap 4-3?

That could really work well if TB was placing. :D

At that point the defense just sells out on defending the fake, and concedes the FG. I don't see where Welker against no block attempt has a better chance of hitting the FG than Gostowski against a regular defense.

At that point the defense just sells out on defending the fake, and concedes the FG. I don't see where Welker against no block attempt has a better chance of hitting the FG than Gostowski against a regular defense.

You just got the other team to waste a timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft