PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Patriots Training Camp 7-26-2023

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
please no, I'd like to see passes over 5 yards this season and more than 15 throws a game
You are expecting a great deal of improvement almost too much. I would hope all 15 throws are accurate and caught.

How did the OTs do? Especially Trent Brown? Thanks

I was a little disappointed none of the rookie OL were able to burst on the scene like Thuney did.

With Bill Murray starting at guard, this would seem to have been a great opportunity.

Bedard reports Sow is nowhere to be found, below McDermott and Steuber as a backup. Early, but not good.
They haven’t had a single padded practice yet, which makes it very difficult to assess their rookie O-lineman. It makes sense to have vets ahead of Sow and Co at this point. Save your “not good” for the trenches until after a few sessions in full pads.

Anyone overreacting to the offense today should remind themselves that the defenses tend to come out ahead of the offenses early on in TC. The timing just isn’t there yet on the offensive side the ball. If the offense keeps getting locked down as camp goes on, it might be time to worry a bit
I aint worried.

We got Mac.

It makes sense to have vets ahead of Sow and Co at this point. Save your “not good” for the trenches until after a few sessions in full pads.

Everyone knows it's only day one, and they haven't been in pads.

But when there's a first year player stands out, the team has rewarded him with some first team reps from the start.

Malcom Butler was a UFA starting from the first day of practice, and I mentioned other OL examples.

Stuebler was ahead of Sow with reps. He's really first year. How is that not worth a mention?

Yeah...who was at FS all day???

This may be ignorant on my part, so someone please correct me if I'm way off base: But IS there a FS really in the red zone? Feels like once the field gets condensed to around 20 yards, both safeties become de facto "Strong Safeties" anyway, because they're closer to the line by default, and no wide receiver is really going over the top.

But when there's a first year player stands out, the team has rewarded him with some first team reps from the start.

Uche was brought along slowly. When he is a FA at the end of this year, posters will want to pay him $20M a year. Some players need time and do not see 1st team reps immediately. Edelman. Sow is playing a new position and will need time.

Everyone knows it's only day one, and they haven't been in pads.

Malcom Butler was a UFA starting from the first day of practice, and I mentioned other OL examples.

Stuebler was ahead of Sow with reps. He's really first year. How is that not worth a mention?
How would he have stood out before the first practice?

Is there a lawyer in the crowd? Is "nah" and acknowledgment? Of course, there was friction. He went outside of Mr. Controll's organization, that is a No No. We all know that.
You don’t need to be a lawyer to understand the meaning of no. I guess I just look at unfounded rumors as rumors and you consider them fact.

How did the OTs do? Especially Trent Brown? Thanks
they haven’t worn pads yet so hard to say. He passed the conditioning test. Looked good, per BB. Seemed relaxed and comfortable in the post practice interviews. Said the right things about Klemm and BOB. When asked about next year sidesteppEd nicely but didn’t slam the door. I’m looking forward hopefully to watching him forcefeed their words to all the naysayers. What I saw in his interviews yesterday seemed a good start. Just need to see it on the field. Looking forward to that, coming up soon.

Really seems like Ty Montgomery is making a strong push again this summer.

Last edited:
Uche was brought along slowly. When he is a FA at the end of this year, posters will want to pay him $20M a year. Some players need time and do not see 1st team reps immediately. Edelman. Sow is playing a new position and will need time.
Edelman was actually a beast from the start, and leveled off after. You can put him on the list of players given an early opportunity.

How would he have stood out before the first practice?

OTA's. You can tell if someone is picking things up.

Why have there been players like Butler, Thuney, Andrews (not first two rounds) who have moved right in?

I'm not saying it is a major concern. I just would have liked to see one of the OL move in quickly, considering it was Murray, who might be better than I'm giving him credit for. Who knows?

Edelman was actually a beast from the start, and leveled off after. You can put him on the list of players given an early opportunity.

Why have there been players like Butler, Thuney, Andrews (not first two rounds) who have moved right in?

I'm not saying it is a major concern. I just would have liked to see one of the OL move in quickly, considering it was Murray, who might be better than I'm giving him credit for. Who knows?
From what BB said, it sounded like they were rewarding Murray for a lot of his offseason work. Whether he sticks or not, we'll see.

Why have there been players who weren’t with the 1s on the first day and ended up starters?
Thuney had a clear path to be a starter and was drafted in the 3rd round. Andrews was there day 1 because the starter was injured and expected out a while.

There is nothing to this.

Why have there been players who weren’t with the 1s on the first day and ended up starters?
Thuney had a clear path to be a starter and was drafted in the 3rd round. Andrews was there day 1 because the starter was injured and expected out a while.

There is nothing to this.

The starting guard is out indefinitely, and two guards were drafted in the 4th round.

This may be ignorant on my part, so someone please correct me if I'm way off base: But IS there a FS really in the red zone? Feels like once the field gets condensed to around 20 yards, both safeties become de facto "Strong Safeties" anyway, because they're closer to the line by default, and no wide receiver is really going over the top.

Seems reasonable... But then I start thinking of the last play in the below clip... Both Free Safeties DMac & Harmon were on the field there, as well as the execrable Terry Brooks...

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back