PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Patriots Minicamp 6-13-2023

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Interesting tackle developments. McDermott was fine enough as an RT last year, maybe he can develop further with better coaching. If rookie Sow can be a decent backup RT, and if Anderson and Reiff can be good enough at LT then Brown will be a goner with his cap hit.

Parker has been looking really good so far in camp, he's been solid in this offense but can't stay on the field which is unfortunately his reputation. I've noticed Mac is also really dialing into the TEs - mostly Gesicki, but also Henry and even Sokol and Firsker a bit. That's good news.

The WR group is thin overall - adding Hopkins would not only upgrade the talent but they also just need healthy guys, a lot of these players unfortunately are injury-prone. I previously felt they could/should release Parker if they add Hopkins but now I think they may just want to keep both since their WR corps seems to be made of glass at times.

The CB corps sounds like it could be really great. Gonzalez + Jack Jones + Jon Jones could be a potential top CB group in the league if they all play to their potential, plus Marcus Jones still available too.
But isn't Reiff already showing his age in OTAs and giving up #1 snaps to McDermott? Much like he did for Robinson, the Turk will soon pay him a visit.

Last edited:
Interesting tackle developments. McDermott was fine enough as an RT last year, maybe he can develop further with better coaching. If rookie Sow can be a decent backup RT, and if Anderson and Reiff can be good enough at LT then Brown will be a goner with his cap hit.

Parker has been looking really good so far in camp, he's been solid in this offense but can't stay on the field which is unfortunately his reputation. I've noticed Mac is also really dialing into the TEs - mostly Gesicki, but also Henry and even Sokol and Firsker a bit. That's good news.

The WR group is thin overall - adding Hopkins would not only upgrade the talent but they also just need healthy guys, a lot of these players unfortunately are injury-prone. I previously felt they could/should release Parker if they add Hopkins but now I think they may just want to keep both since their WR corps seems to be made of glass at times.

The CB corps sounds like it could be really great. Gonzalez + Jack Jones + Jon Jones could be a potential top CB group in the league if they all play to their potential, plus Marcus Jones still available too.
Dude we need Trent Mount Brown@ RT in every way I think a real OL-Coach can motivate him Scar did. IF Conner McDermott is your Second String back-up your Team is in trouble still don't get why we parted ways with the younger Yodny Cajuste to go with old stiffs like McDermott and Reiff.

Last edited:
Offense can't help but get progressively better playing against a strong defense everyday in practice. It's a good thing.

Yea and the competition between Mac and Zappe will only push them both to be better

Should be an exciting training camp, plenty to feel optimistic about

I am warming up to D Parker too we can stash some of those young WR's on IR and the PS we can't keep em all. But D Parker is proven and will most likely give us more than them anyway D-Hop - Parker and Juju that's a pretty good threesome. P.s. seems like OC BOB is intrigued with D Parker's size that tarin wreck of a Offense played him like he was 5'9 and not 6'3 last year OC BOB will utilize his skill set.

I am warming up to D Parker too we can stash some of those young WR's on IR and the PS we can't keep em all. But D Parker is proven and will most likely give us more than them anyway D-Hop - Parker and Juju that's a pretty good threesome. P.s. seems like OC BOB is intrigued with D Parker's size that tarin wreck of a Offense played him like he was 5'9 and not 6'3 last year OC BOB will utilize his skill set.
Yeah I think BOB can use him well, the problem is if he can stay on the field.

Where's Juju?
Based on a comment from Bill yesterday, it sounds like he's dealing with an injury. Bill said he "is day-to-day." No idea when he got injured, that was news to me. Add him to the list of injured WRs.

I don't understand the Parker love? Run after catch? Consistant seperation? Streches the field? Run blocking? TD production? Versitility? Third down conversions? No No No No No No No. He is one trick pony.

It's good to hear jack jones is picking up where he left off before injuries & suspension. A reminder at his rookie year:

50% comp pct.
63.1 rating
1 TD
2 INTs

Going from jonathan jones & marcus jones outside with bryant in the slot to gonzalez & jack jones outside with jonathan jones in the slot is going to be huge.

That would be great if McDermott can develop further at RT and Anderson at LT. Sow has been almost exclusively LT and Reiff probably 50/50 now on both sides.
No, I read Sow was backup RT in day two minicamp.

Where's Juju?
all-city-candy-jujubes-candy-55-oz-theater-box-theater-boxes-ferrara-candy-company-case-of-12-454159_300x.jpg

Based on a comment from Bill yesterday, it sounds like he's dealing with an injury. Bill said he "is day-to-day." No idea when he got injured, that was news to me. Add him to the list of injured WRs.
I heard somewhere (don’t remember where, sorry) that it’s a lingering issue from end of season with KC.

We live in weird time, who cares if there is fat or not in candy? And get the hell off my lawn!

Dude we need Trent Mount Brown@ RT in ever way I think a real OL-Coach can motivate him Scar did. IF Conner McDermott is your Second String back-up your Team is in trouble still don't get why we parted ways with the younger Yodny Cajuste to go with old stiffs like McDermott and Reiff.
If Trent can return to his form playing LT the way he did when he first joined the Pats I’m fine with having him there.

We live in weird time, who cares if there is fat or not in candy? And get the hell off my lawn!
Must be from a time when "fat" was the diet boogeyman of the day

If Trent can return to his form playing LT the way he did when he first joined the Pats I’m fine with having him there.
Trent Brown is a Beast and Pro Bowler at RT. Let Calvin Anderson play LT.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back