PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Patriots Minicamp 6-13-2023

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
As a mathematician, I believe some of these stats are relevant for teams but not for players. The main reason the coaches didn't use him more is becuase they didn't believe he could do more. It not like there where other options, Myers wasn't so good that it hurt his touches. He is just not an effective 1st or 2nd option. The team forced the Jones/Parker conection early in the season, and it failed. The purpose of the Hopkins signing is to replace him.
Well I retract everything I said because you're a mathematician.

Love to see DeVante do more of that he has the Size and a real OC to boot.
Again D-Hop - Juju - Parker - Bourne and Thornton are a pretty good Fivesome. :cool:

Riley T-rex Arms Reiff getting beaten out by Conner McDermott boy that's a surprise. :rolleyes:
trex GIF

33 1/4 inch arms is not awful. Wynn and Light were both in that range.

Correct... Reiffer's problem isn't his arm length/wingspan; it's that he's no longer a starting-caliber OT on a team with Mac Jones as its QB.

Correct... Reiffer's problem isn't his arm length/wingspan; it's that he's no longer a starting-caliber OT on a team with Mac Jones as its QB.
Yea at this point hes a super-sub.

If hes being slotted to play a 1000 snaps we are screwed.

I dunno. Sans Brown that's pretty weak group and one injury away from being a complete dumpster fire.

It's a pretty weak group already, even with him. He's finished here as a Left Tackle; and how bad would the drop-off really be at Right Tackle between him and McD, Reiffer, or Onwenu/Double-S? I suppose we'll discover soon enough...

Last edited:
they have 90 guys they have to get reps for.
And they are trying different things moving players around like the entire OL, Mapu, and guys at free safety (J. Jones today) both to "have a look" at what they can do there and as an emergency if a rash of injuries crop up at one position.

It's a pretty weak group already, even with him. He's finished here as a Left Tackle; and how bad would the drop-off really be at Right Tackle between him and McD, Reiffer, or Onwenu/Double-S? I suppose we'll discover soon enough...
Brown should be traded for a 7th rounder before he is injured.

Brown should be traded for a 7th rounder before he is injured.

I'm willing to keep him for now... Don't have much confidence in any of the others either.

b6533164b15903d4e6115d4696dba0a6.png

Edit: this post was from last year. I believe he has grown as a person since.

Last edited:

Great post. Right Tackle is worrying. At LT we have Brown, or worse case Anderson, either of which is OK. Not the end of the world.

But at RT it could be a dumpster fire like last year. Maybe Sidy Sow will be OK, no way to know. That is called a "prayer" or a "hail mary". Otherwise Reiff will probably be OK to start the season, but he will never last. McDermott and Steuber will make you grab your balls and cringe (like last year).

Don't believe me? Why else was DJ Fluker in town? Because we have an issue at tackle.

I love Gonzalez, White and Mapu. Our defense looks awesome and will only get better in 2024 and 2025. The IOL looks to be set for years. The TEs and WRs are OK. Mac will progress. But the compromise is that the offensive tackles are our weakness.

"Man, is that punt ever coming down?"
"WaitMannnnnn"

Great post. Right Tackle is worrying. At LT we have Brown, or worse case Anderson, either of which is OK. Not the end of the world.

But at RT it could be a dumpster fire like last year. Maybe Sidy Sow will be OK, no way to know. That is called a "prayer" or a "hail mary". Otherwise Reiff will probably be OK to start the season, but he will never last. McDermott and Steuber will make you grab your balls and cringe (like last year).

Don't believe me? Why else was DJ Fluker in town? Because we have an issue at tackle.

I love Gonzalez, White and Mapu. Our defense looks awesome and will only get better in 2024 and 2025. The IOL looks to be set for years. The TEs and WRs are OK. Mac will progress. But the compromise is that the offensive tackles are our weakness.
If we would be OK with Anderson at LT, then isn't Brown the best option at RT?

If we would be OK with Anderson at LT, then isn't Brown the best option at RT?

At LT, I think Anderson is 2nd best after Brown. At RT we have a hodge poge. I doubt Reiff can play a whole season. By the end of 17 games I think our Achilles heal will be offensive tackle. I think the Pats agree and hence the DJ Fluker tryout. If Sow can be an NFL right tackle, that might save us. Big if.

Please tell me about Lumpkin? Is he Gronk 2? Rob Gronkowski had 42 catches for 546 yards and scored 10 touchdowns in 16 games in his rookie season in 2010.

From today Dante talking about Trent Brown and motivation as well...

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back