PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't there enough Maroney threads? Why did you guys hijack a Sanders discussion?

Just pointing out some idgit's hypocrisy (re: Sanders) and stupidity (re: Maroney). Nevertheless, your point is well taken.

Last edited:
In 2002-03, year after the pats won the superbowl, the pats finished 9-7. And their run defense was HORRIBLE.. 1st thing BB did was bring in new SS and FS.. The following two years were had some of the best run stopping.. Now you have one player that much older and a second injured all the time..
The main reason the Patriots rush defense vastly improved during the 2003 NFL season was the acquisition of massive nose tackle Ted Washington. Richard Seymour also had his most productive season. Furthermore, Steve Martin sucked and Rick Lyle was not much better.

Sanders and Harrison are not fast enough for free safety hence they got merriweather.Also, against a TE who weights 245 LB you want someone who can match them physically Harrison at 225 for example.You cannot put him on a WR or put a 180 DB on a TE or a 270lb LB
How many safties match up against WR's.. NOt many.. The point was harrison, not Sanders was matched up against him.. because he is better in coverage..

I do not what game scully watches as he blames sanders running around in circle with no goals and some how the ball being thrown to him. I hope things were so easy. .
I have no idea what you mean here..

The main reason the Patriots rush defense vastly improved during the 2003 NFL season was the acquisition of massive nose tackle Ted Washington. Richard Seymour also had his most productive season. Furthermore, Steve Martin sucked and Rick Lyle was not much better.

True but Washington was there for one year..

True but Washington was there for one year..
In the following season, the New England Patriots rotated Keith Traylor and Vince Wilfork at nose tackle.

How many safties match up against WR's.. NOt many.. The point was harrison, not Sanders was matched up against him.. because he is better in coverage.. [/b]

I don't think that you can assume Harrison is better than Sanders in coverage because he had the TE responsibility for one game.

I don't think that you can assume Harrison is better than Sanders in coverage because he had the TE responsibility for one game.

Sure.. I'm using facts to back up my agrument.. Not going to sit here and look up stats all night..
If Sanders was better, he would have played Clark.. That's a fact..

Last edited:
In the following season, the New England Patriots rotated Keith Traylor and Vince Wilfork at nose tackle.

Was Traylor that impressive? we still have wilfork..

So I see I'm going against the grain here.. People like Sanders.. Even some think he will be a probowl players..

I tend to believe this position, along with LB, needs a major upgrade..

Sanders to me is JAG.. Just like Russ Hochstein,...

Last edited:
Sure.. I'm using facts to back up my agrument.. Not going to sit here and look up stats all night..

But of course, Harrison has had games where he's looked pretty substandard in pass coverage (Cle or Dallas, IIRC, which I probably don't).

I really haven't seen Sanders picked on all that much.

So I see I'm going against the grain here.. People like Sanders.. Even some think he will be a probowl players..

Well prepare to be disappointed, as Meriweather and Sanders are going to be the starting safeties of the future (probably starting next season).

Well prepare to be disappointed, as Meriweather and Sanders are going to be the starting safeties of the future (probably starting next season).

hey.. If they are.. GREAT FOR US and i love to be proved wrong.. But I don't think it will work out that way..

You're entitled to your opinion. I'm basing mine on development. Has Hochstein improved over the past season? I think Sanders is way ahead of where he was in 2006. And I think that like his mentor Harrison, #36 is proving to be a winner. And I believe, BB concurs. Coach has commented often about Sanders' work ethic and growth.

hey.. If they are.. GREAT FOR US and i love to be proved wrong.. But I don't think it will work out that way..

Why is that?

Sanders started out on STs and has rightfully earned a starting job. Wilson is gone next season, and it's clear they drafted Meriweather to replace him.

It's taken a while for him to come around but I think Sanders has become a solid SS. It just seems as though he is in the right place more often than during the previous two years, and he is definitely making more big plays.

I wonder what happens when Wilson is back 100%, but I think Sanders is playing better than Wilson and is a better tackler.

NO WAY does Merriweather start next year for anyone. Not when he's behind Rashad Baker on the depth chart in week 12 of a perfectly healthy season.

Last edited:
If Rodney Harrison retires, your prediction will probably come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News