PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanchez released

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Per NFL Network. The end of an era.

Wonder where he will land?

Ladies and Gentleman, the new starting quarterback of the Cleveland Browns.

This is really making me sad. I mean, yes, the Jets will probably continue to suck, but will they ever be able to suck in the same way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jlHz0wF0Ig

Godspeed you Mark Sanchez, may you bring the suck wherever you go.

That explains why I saw Rex at the tattoo shop today.

Yes he had some horror moments but he did have some good play in there too. Serviceable starter for a team out there if they don't ask him to do too much.

I'd rather have him than Mallett as the backup in New England too, with some proper coaching he might become more consistent, not that he would see the field often.

Anyone?

.........anyone?

Fine....

Sign the Beast!!!!!!

I admit there was a time i feared that they had found a franchise QB. How naive i was.

In all honesty, i don't think he is that bad. He was under a LOT of pressure from the NY midia, plus buts.

I think he deserves a chance somewhere,he's a decent back up

He is not much different than Matt Cassell IMHO.

I admit there was a time i feared that they had found a franchise QB. How naive i was.

In all honesty, i don't think he is that bad. He was under a LOT of pressure from the NY midia, plus buts.

No, he's terrible. He really is. He has neither the backbone nor the brains to be anything more than he already has been.

Can he rush the passer?

Can we have him hand out Gatorade to Brady during games?

The "sanchize" is dead...

Guess Sexy-Rexy has to cover that tattoo...

Yes he had some horror moments but he did have some good play in there too. Serviceable starter for a team out there if they don't ask him to do too much.

I'd rather have him than Mallett as the backup in New England too, with some proper coaching he might become more consistent, not that he would see the field often.

IMO if they had a better QB then Sanchez in the years they went to the AFCCG with that defense they would have won back to back SB's there defense was that good and Sanchez held them back

My guess is it's too late for proper coaching.

I think being in NY was the best thing for his personal life and the worst thing for his career. I think if he was in Green Bay or any other not-big-city, then he wouldn't have become a celebrity and he might've devoted more time to getting better -- he comes across as a poor Drew Bledsoe to me -- he had a decent amount of talent, but didn't commit himself to reaching his potential because the glamor and fun of being a NY QB distracted him. Sorta like Seguin was on the Bruins.

No, he's terrible. He really is. He has neither the backbone nor the brains to be anything more than he already has been.

Quips aside, you're on target. OK maybe as a backup, but the guy is not a serious student of the game and no football intellectual. He also strikes me as a bit shy of the violence that the really good ones learn to accept as necessary to make a critical play.

Bradys backup..... :)

facebook-dislike.jpg

Funnily enough, I think you're both right. The times he's looked best have been when things have been desperate and he hasn't had the time to try to think things through. I always think of him as a poor man's Eli (or Romo or Cutler). He'll win you a game when you think it's lost, but he'll also throw ints that make you shake your head. Perhaps he'll mature and a better coach could make something of him.

Sure to be a member of the Jets Hall of Fame :rolleyes:

Actually, he is that bad.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes