PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanchez released

I can't believe Sanchez beat us in that divisional round in 2010, I actually root for them in the wild card because I wanted another humiliating 45-3 in their faces.

That loss never, ever, evah, EVAH should have happened. It was the last PO party that I have hosted. I had to take Dr Blutarski's advice and start drinking - and later cursing - heavily.

You guys are brutal. I wish him nothing but the best. You can question his skill set but he was a great teammate and if given a good supporting staff was a very serviceable QB. It was when he needed to carry the team that he ran into difficulty.
:confused: :confused: :ugh: I need to ask Ian if he can find a head-exploding smilie for posts like this.

I admit there was a time i feared that they had found a franchise QB. How naive i was.

In all honesty, i don't think he is that bad. He was under a LOT of pressure from the NY midia, plus buts.

I think he deserves a chance somewhere,he's a decent back up
:nono: Only Sanchize could butt fumble, only he has that kind of talent at sucking. Although maybe he could do a kneel down to end a game once and a while, but even that is questionable.

You guys are brutal. I wish him nothing but the best. You can question his skill set but he was a great teammate and if given a good supporting staff was a very serviceable QB. It was when he needed to carry the team that he ran into difficulty.

With all due respect, we're not talking about a Kenbrell Thompkins.

This was a 5th pick of the 1st round.

:confused: :confused: :ugh: I need to ask Ian if he can find a head-exploding smilie for posts like this.

They're not emoticons, but.....

the scanners one gets a lot of attention, so how about this:

WF6sT.gif

Yes he had some horror moments but he did have some good play in there too. Serviceable starter for a team out there if they don't ask him to do too much.

I'd rather have him than Mallett as the backup in New England too, with some proper coaching he might become more consistent, not that he would see the field often.

Wow. You should watch some football games.

IMO if they had a better QB then Sanchez in the years they went to the AFCCG with that defense they would have won back to back SB's there defense was that good and Sanchez held them back

No. There defense was not THAT good.

He has the ability to suck in big moments like Romo with none of the talent to go along with it. I'm going to miss him in the division.

If by servicable you mean one of the 3 worst starters in the NFL, I agree.

By all accounts, he's a decent guy. I hope he gets a chance to show whether he really is as bad as he looked the last two seasons or whether he was a victim of the circus in New Jersey.

Why

That's all i have to say

this hurts so much

end of an era

Sanchez as a rookie:
12 TDs
20 INTs
10 fumbles
53.8% completion rate
63.0 QB rating

Sanchez in year 2:
17 TDs
13 INTs
9 fumbles
54.5% completion rate
75.3 QB rating

Sanchez in year 3:
26 TDs
18 INTs
10 fumbles
56.7% completion rate
78.2 QB rating

Sanchez in year 4:
13 TDs
18 INTs
14 fumbles
54.3% completion rate
66.9 QB rating

When does the serviceable part kick in?

Is it possible to top the butt fumble? I mean what would someone have to do to possibly top the butt fumble?

I think Eli or Peyton having their own Butt Fumbles would probably top that.

So as not to re-write the past

A season torn by discord and dysfunction prompted several key Jets players and members of the organization to paint a sobering picture of Mark Sanchez, a polarizing figure within the franchise’s walls.

They raised serious doubts about his ability to lead the Jets, questioning everything from his practice habits to the organization’s coddling of him to how much of a role he truly played in the team making two consecutive AFC Championship Game appearances.

18zccvsyzl30hgif.gif

But can the Jets hoist the Lombardi Trophy with Sanchez?

“How can we when he’s not improving at all?” one of Sanchez’s teammates said. “He thinks he is, but he’s not. He has shown us what he’s capable of.”

18zccrb69aqjcgif.gif

“So many games, he looked defeated before he ever took the field,” a team source said. “He didn’t have much confidence in what he was about to go do. You could tell throughout the week in practice. He never felt comfortable with some of the things we were doing. It was too much for him.”

Other teammates were less forgiving. They pointed to Sanchez’s career arc as reason for change.

Sanchez has finished 29th, 29th and 27th in completion percentage in his first three seasons. His passer-rating rankings: 28th, 27th and 23rd.

18zccxg5uh4yogif.gif

NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning and GM Mike Tannenbaum should trade young quarterback away - NY Daily News

Sanchez as a rookie:
12 TDs
20 INTs
10 fumbles
53.8% completion rate
63.0 QB rating

Sanchez in year 2:
17 TDs
13 INTs
9 fumbles
54.5% completion rate
75.3 QB rating

Sanchez in year 3:
26 TDs
18 INTs
10 fumbles
56.7% completion rate
78.2 QB rating

Sanchez in year 4:
13 TDs
18 INTs
14 fumbles
54.3% completion rate
66.9 QB rating

When does the serviceable part kick in?

After seeing the headline I started to think "well..... maybe Sanchez wasn't that bad. Posters are probably just being over dramatic in how bad he sucks because he plays for the lowly, bottom of the barrel Jets". However, seeing those year to year numbers leaves no room for uncertainty, he sucks.

Sanchez no longer being with the Jets is bad news though there probably is a silver lining. The bad news is we can no longer count on Sanchez to pitch in to help us win the division. The possible silver lining is Geno is his replacement and he'll be 'pitching in' in his own way for the cause :D. ((I hope Geno stays healthy because, like him or not, I suspect the Jets will be at their best if Vick is the starter))

How does the familiar refrain of BB/Patriots does not know how to draft fit into this??

That´s pity....no more Buttfumble....oh wait....they have GE-OH-NO Smith and now Ron Mexico.

BTW: I think the Jets ruined Sanchez.
Look back at 09 and 10. And the years after....no Oline...no ground and pound... no sharp weapons on offence in generell.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back