PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanchez released

Yes he had some horror moments but he did have some good play in there too. Serviceable starter for a team out there if they don't ask him to do too much.

I'd rather have him than Mallett as the backup in New England too, with some proper coaching he might become more consistent, not that he would see the field often.

If you gave me a choice, straight up, between Sanchez and Nate Ebner at QB, I'd go with Ebner.

Sure to be a member of the Jets Hall of Fame :rolleyes:

It would be a real kick in the butt if the Pats fumble this opportunity and let Sanchez get away. They should scoop him up and run with him as the backup. Then, the Pats would have QBs with the most career playoff wins for both the Pats and the Jets. That might be fun.

Canadian football league would be my best guess. Pretty sure there won't be much interest for many nfl teams.

If Sanchez is an idiot then why would we sign him even to be 3rd string.

He belongs on a team where he can challenge the #1 QB ... wherever that is.

He doesn't belong on a team where the job will be given to him ... that is crazy.

Is it possible to top the butt fumble? I mean what would someone have to do to possibly top the butt fumble?

That explains why Wrecks Ryan was spotted at a tattoo parlor today

Actually the Pats should sign him as Sanchez has a lot of good intel on how NOT to run a football team!

This blast from the past of PFT always makes me laugh

Rex Ryan: Sanchez will be QB ?as long as I am here? | ProFootballTalk

... add that to a long list of broken promises and "guarantees" that Wrecks has made

Is it any wonder his players have no respect for him?

That explains why Wrecks Ryan was spotted at a tattoo parlor today

Actually the Pats should sign him as Sanchez has a lot of good intel on how NOT to run a football team!

This blast from the past of PFT always makes me laugh

Rex Ryan: Sanchez will be QB ?as long as I am here? | ProFootballTalk

... add that to a long list of broken promises and "guarantees" that Wrecks has made

Is it any wonder his players have no respect for him?

Rex will be announcing his resignation any minute now, and Ray Ray is certainly going to be distraught about the loss of Mr. "Unlimited ceiling".

Funnily enough, I think you're both right. The times he's looked best have been when things have been desperate and he hasn't had the time to try to think things through. I always think of him as a poor man's Eli (or Romo or Cutler). He'll win you a game when you think it's lost, but he'll also throw ints that make you shake your head. Perhaps he'll mature and a better coach could make something of him.
I've followed him pretty closely. One of the most telling things I read was a quote from one of his early coaches before he came to the NFL. He said regarding Sanchez, "Dumb as a rock and entitled as hell." You're right, Sanchez is very immature for his age, which probably draws in part from feeling entitled. You also might be right that decent coaching could help. But intuition tells me he just doesn't have the smarts or "all-in" competitive drive to succeed in the NFL. I could be wrong. We'll see.

Someone's going to be on the next episode of "Tattoo coverups" now. Should make for an entertaining 1/2 hour.

First one in.

You, sir, win a free bowl of soup! :D

If a team wants to know how NOT to run a football team, Sanchez has a wealth of intel he could share

Canadian football league would be my best guess. Pretty sure there won't be much interest for many nfl teams.

CFL is a passing league. He won't survive in the CFL. Same reason Tim Tebow wouldn't. Both need a good run game and solid defense.

I can't believe Sanchez beat us in that divisional round in 2010, I actually root for them in the wild card because I wanted another humiliating 45-3 in their faces.

You guys are brutal. I wish him nothing but the best. You can question his skill set but he was a great teammate and if given a good supporting staff was a very serviceable QB. It was when he needed to carry the team that he ran into difficulty.

Is it possible to top the butt fumble? I mean what would someone have to do to possibly top the butt fumble?

A **** fumble would be pretty hilarious.

You guys are brutal. I wish him nothing but the best. You can question his skill set but he was a great teammate and if given a good supporting staff was a very serviceable QB. It was when he needed to carry the team that he ran into difficulty.

He needed to carry his team through both afc title games? Pretty sure if he had performed at a "serviceable+" level they get to a super bowl, maybe even win one...

Not even partially surprised that the NYJ brought in a journeyman vet QB, as I've actually been expecting them to make a run at some of the other options prior to Vick.

Yes, Geno Smith is "supposed" to be the future of the team, but if anyone watched them last year and actually came away thinking that he was playing like their future franchise QB, I would question your ability to assess these kinds of subjects.

In other words, did they really have any other options? Sanchez/Smith were basically the idiot QB duo of the entire league.

hard to carry the team when you can't even carry your own shorts...

Mark_Sanchez_butt-dancing.jpg

Attachments

• mark-pawn-stars.jpg
    mark-pawn-stars.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 98
I hope Geno and Vik are total busts and Sanchez has pro bowl seasons somewhere. Say what you want about Sanchez, but if he turns it on for another team, that would be absolutely hilarious from the stand point of trolling Jet fans

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back