PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Same Old Rex...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proves something? That's irrelevant. As a Pats fan losing to the Jets in the playoffs has to have more meaning than losing to Denver. This isn't accounting, it's football. We follow the game out of passion - you can't dispassionately lose to the Jets after going 14-2, securing home field advantage throughout the playoffs while going one & done & losing to the foot (long?) loving fatty. That does plenty for me, like keeping me mostly away from the game until training camp (and ruining this years off season w/ draft, news of continued rebuilding....).

Losing in the playoffs sucks. Not winning the Super Bowl sucks. The rest is irrelevant.

This loss was nowhere near the loss to the Colts in 2006, when losing by crazy circumstances gave the Colts a Super Bowl.

Since you're bringing up passion and whatever (as though other fans aren't passionate, please get off your horse) maybe consider that some of us don't get riled up by blowhards talking trash. I'd much rather beat the Colts than the Jets, any day of the week, since the Colts are an actual rival. The Jets have not gotten to that level yet.

I don't even see that team as particularly formidable either.

Only because the Pats had won 3 superbowls. The Jets' fans, for now, are more than content w/ what Ryan has done. And we need to shut up because they have had more success than us (albeit marginally so) since he has arrived. And losing as the 14-2, #1 seed - to the fu--ing Ryan ("it's personal") led JESTS was nothing short of horrifying.

You aim too low, man. That's all I have to say. If your opponent crows over basically accomplishing what teams like Minnesota, Chicago, Carolina, have accomplished in the last 5 years, then that's aiming low. heck, even Seattle has done more than the Jets in that period!

Who cares? Big deal

All hail Rex! He was masterful in beating the Patriots in the playoffs. The way he made TFB throw that ball in traffic instead of throwing it away, the way he made Alge drop that TD pass, the way he made Chung muff the snap was just masterful.

He's brought the Jets up from being a bridesmaid to 2nd maid of honor, 2 years in a row.

All he says must not mocked, because he is The Rex, ruler of NJ and all lands north. And we Patriots fans must wallow in the defeat he laid on us, we must pout about it all off season. For he is The Rex, and all he says must be accepted in silence by us inferior Patriots fans.

God you're obtuse. No one is hailing Rex here little homey. What we're saying is that BECAUSE TFB threw that ball in traffic instead of throwing it away and BECAUSE Alge dropped that TD pass and BECAUSE Chung muffed the snap that we need to Shut the F up about the Jets and Ryan - for now.

All hail Rex! He was masterful in beating the Patriots in the playoffs. The way he made TFB throw that ball in traffic instead of throwing it away, the way he made Alge drop that TD pass, the way he made Chung muff the snap was just masterful.

He's brought the Jets up from being a bridesmaid to 2nd maid of honor, 2 years in a row.

All he says must not mocked, because he is The Rex, ruler of NJ and all lands north. And we Patriots fans must wallow in the defeat he laid on us, we must pout about it all off season. For he is The Rex, and all he says must be accepted in silence by us inferior Patriots fans.

Dunno Nut.
This attitude reminds me of the kid who gets his ass kicked bigtime and then hiding behind his mother's skirt goes, "Nya, nya,nya, can't touch me!" to the kid who beat him.

We don't get to play the Jets until the fall. Meanwhile, we're hiding behind skirts with no threat of rematch. Pats fans have no standing acting superior to the guys who defeated our team 2 out of 3 and most especially when it really, really counted. Worst yet in our own house. Pitiful.

Dunno Nut.
This attitude reminds me of the kid who gets his ass kicked bigtime and then hiding behind his mother's skirt goes, "Nya, nya,nya, can't touch me!" to the kid who beat him.

We don't get to play the Jets until the fall. Meanwhile, we're hiding behind skirts with no threat of rematch. Pats fans have no standing acting superior to the guys who defeated our team 2 out of 3 and most especially when it really, really counted. Worst yet in our own house. Pitiful.

Rex Ryan has accomplished less than Norv Turner, the Patriots are superior to the Jets in every way, shape and form. It's not even close. One game doesn't change that.

For the last two years, Rex and his team went to the AFC championship. And this year, they talked smack, ridiculed our QB in public, and beat us @ home even though we had an extra week to prepare. Period.

Everyone has a right to an opinion and mock Ryan and dismiss him. But it's baffling to see the arrogant and immature way some fans dismiss the angry Pats fans as fans wanting to get into the Jets bandwagon.

Some of us have a spine and are pissed off with how our team laid an egg in the playoffs. And that too for a second consecutive year, coming off a great regular season record with the #1 seed and no players on IR.

For some to mock those angry fans and deride the Jesters that they won because they were 'lucky' makes them sound like a loser who always comes up with excuses to claim why the 'better' team didn't win that day. Guess they don't realize that they sound exactly like the pathetic Steelers and Chargers fans who refuse to accept reality when they lose.

I for one will remain angry and pissed off until we demolish the Jets convincingly and blow them out of the field in every friggin game we play, especially the playoffs, irrespective of how 'lucky' they get and how many calls go for them.:mad:

You've nailed it....

I think one thing that should be considered - not only by the two of you, but also by those with opposing viewpoints - is that the two of you are in a somewhat unique situation: you're fans of the Pats living right smack in the middle of the Jets fan base. Living in New England and being a Pats fan is different than living outside of the area - but living in say California or Florida or even Pennsylvania is surely nothing compared to being a Pats fan living in northern NJ or NYC, especially after that playoff loss.

I feel very badly for what you two surely have to go through on a daily basis, but keep in mind that 99% of the rest of the people here are not in that situation. Likewise, the rest of us should probably have a little more empathy for what you have to put up with.

The rest is irrelevant.

You're wrong.

This loss was nowhere near the loss to the Colts in 2006

Partially wrong. The only silver lining is the Jets not winning the Superbowl - but that did nothing for our season (and losing to them has a consequence - we should lay low when it comes to them - for now).

Since you're bringing up passion and whatever (as though other fans aren't passionate, please get off your horse).

WTF are you talking about? What did I say about other fans?

since the Colts are an actual rival. The Jets have not gotten to that level yet.

Jets aren't a rival? Jets aren't "particularly formidable"? OK, good luck w/ that....

Edit: In light of what jmt57 posted, I will concede that losing to the Jets probably isn't as big a deal to some of you. I have to deal with the Jets' fans daily & it probably has skewed my view and as some of you have pointed out - they haven't won anything.

Last edited:
You aim too low, man. That's all I have to say. If your opponent crows over basically accomplishing what teams like Minnesota, Chicago, Carolina, have accomplished in the last 5 years, then that's aiming low. heck, even Seattle has done more than the Jets in that period!

Who cares? Big deal

I don't remeber getting beat (after 14-2, home field throughout, MVP QB...) by Minnesota, Chicago, or Carolina to end our season. I remember getting beat by our trash talking scumbag rivals.

I think one thing that should be considered - not only by the two of you, but also by those with opposing viewpoints - is that the two of you are in a somewhat unique situation: you're fans of the Pats living right smack in the middle of the Jets fan base. Living in New England and being a Pats fan is different than living outside of the area - but living in say California or Florida or even Pennsylvania is surely nothing compared to being a Pats fan living in northern NJ or NYC, especially after that playoff loss.

You speak the truth my faithful Indian companion.

You're wrong.

Totally irrelevant. They are like Carolina and all the other teams that lost in the AFCCG. Who cares? It's irrelevant.

Partially wrong. The only silver lining is the Jets not winning the Superbowl - but that did nothing for our season (and losing to them has a consequence - we should lay low when it comes to them - for now).

I'm totally astounded that a Patriot fan would say that. Absolutely nuts that the anyone would put the Jets loss over the Colts loss in the AFCCG!! Holy cow.

WTF are you talking about? What did I say about other fans?

You're the one who wrote "we follow the game out of passion." Maybe your passion is to beat the Jets, I just aim higher. I frankly don't think much of them.

Jets aren't a rival? Jets aren't "particularly formidable"? OK, good luck w/ that....

That's right, they are a bad flawed team. The Steelers actually toyed with them in that second half the way the Patriots used to.

The Patriots are rebuilding and are about to go on a run. The Jets are not formidable. I'm more concerned with the Steelers and the Colts, and maybe some others than I am the Jets.

I don't remeber getting beat (after 14-2, home field throughout, MVP QB...) by Minnesota, Chicago, or Carolina to end our season. I remember getting beat by our trash talking scumbag rivals.

Do you purposely misconstrue things ALWAYS when you post? I was referring to the Jets' so-called accomplishments when I wrote that--as everyone but you seems to have understood.

Losing to the Jets is no different than losing to the Broncos or Ravens. It doesn't rise at all to the level of losing to the Colts.

Dunno Nut.

So, when The Rex belches out how he is "going to" be king of the world, we Patriots fans should meekly stay silent? Again that is what this thread started off being with the OP.

Nothing superior about mocking a loud mouth when he makes statements that he has yet to back up. I can only speak for this one Patriots fan who will not stay silent while he does that.

If others want to hide in a losers cave all off season,licking their wounds, that's up to them.

Rex Ryan has accomplished less than Norv Turner, the Patriots are superior to the Jets in every way, shape and form. It's not even close. One game doesn't change that.

For years when the Patriots recovered from losing an in season game by beating Pittsburg or the Colts in the far more important playoff game, we derided their fans pathetic refrain, "But, but, but OUR team is superior!" time and again. So if you're a Patriots fan, I guess it's OK to get beat and KOed from the playoffs and still tout alleged superiority? Why? Because of some accomplishments years ago by significantly different personnel? Gawd, it's SO Steeler like.

You are what your record says you are and the most current Patriots team is the Jets foil.

Last edited:
God you're obtuse. No one is hailing Rex here little homey. What we're saying is that BECAUSE TFB threw that ball in traffic instead of throwing it away and BECAUSE Alge dropped that TD pass and BECAUSE Chung muffed the snap that we need to Shut the F up about the Jets and Ryan - for now.

Well aren't we getting a personal now. If you want to "Shut the F up" about Lord Rex, then please do. I will help you out to that end by taking you off this thread.

If you would had crossed that line with another poster, I would do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

What Wrecks and the Green Beans have accomplished the last two seasons stands on its own merits. There is no arguing they are a legitimate foe. But this doesn't lessen the fact that New Jersey is a slimy organization from the top-down, and that Wrecks is a paranoid, insufferable blowhard. Whatever short-term success they've enjoyed on the field should not preclude Pats fans or anyone else from criticizing the way that franchise and its staff/coaches/players/fans conduct themselves.

What Wrecks and the Green Beans have accomplished the last two seasons stands on its own merits. There is no arguing they are a legitimate foe. But this doesn't lessen the fact that New Jersey is a slimy organization from the top-down, and that Wrecks is a paranoid, insufferable blowhard. Whatever short-term success they've enjoyed on the field should not preclude Pats fans or anyone else from criticizing the way that franchise and its staff/coaches/players/fans conduct themselves.

I wholeheartedly agree

Last edited by a moderator:
For years when the Patriots recovered from losing an in season game by beating Pittsburg or the Colts in the far more important playoff game, we derided their fans pathetic refrain, "But, but, but OUR team is superior!" time and again. So if you're a Patriots fan, I guess it's OK to get beat and KOed from the playoffs and still tout alleged superiority? Why? Because of some accomplishments years ago by significantly different personnel? Gawd, it's SO Steeler like.

You are what your record says you are and the most current Patriots team is the Jets foil.

Yes, of course because of past accomplishments. The QB and the coach have a record of achievement. THEY ARE PROVEN. It's dumb to claim otherwise. Don't be dense.

I wholeheartedly agree

I don't...not even close to harsh enough..:explative:

Another day another Rex thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes