PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Same Old Rex...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a game, make sure to take the time to enjoy it.

Just a game? Just a game, Gunnie? Why enjoy it when you can take the entire off season to whine about the last game?:D

If Ryan keeps talking like this and never wins anything, people will shut him out eventually even his players. This upcoming season, he is walking a dangerous line because with 17 free agents, many key players, he doesn't have any idea what kind of team he is going to field next season.

It's pretty basic, really. He's taken his team to the AFC championship game twice--getting that far will buy you a pass until the next year almost every time. His style is one that will definitely wear thin, even for Jets fans--listen carefully, it was happening at times this year. And it's pretty unusual to remain at the same place--meaning, they won't just keep going to the AFC CG. If they go further, he keeps getting the pass. If they don't get as far, he'll be out after a couple years.

It's just a game, make sure to take the time to enjoy it.

Good point.

And we all know the Squeelers and the Pack were thrilled you beat the best team in the NFL on that given Sunday.

Makes me more eager to get things started again and make things right! :cool:

O ok I understand. From the new York standpoint your right he has failed to win a SB. I don't think he ever will either. But I doubt he will be fired if he:

a) keeps beating us
b) makes it into the playoffs every year.

Well, you might be right, and only time will tell.

But, I'll stick by my guns on this one. I think Rex has five years either to start winning the division (i.e., win it two out of the next three seasons) or get to a Super Bowl. These fans are sick and tired of not getting to and winning the big game and having to listen to their two most hated rivals, the Pats and Giants, boasting about their trophies. In three years, Ryan's "snacks and toes and 'it's personal'" routines will have worn thin with the media and the fans here unless he delivers on one of those two fronts, IMO.

Last edited:
Right. Rex earned the right to say what he wants when his team came to foxboro and handled business. If the patriots are tired of his act than they will have more than enough opportunities to show us and the jets this upcoming season. Until that happens, what can anyone really say to this guy.

You're absolutely insane if you think that would shut Rex up.

Rex just can't help sticking his foot in his mouth. 1 foot this year, both next.

Sure we can all make fun of Rex but you know he has to be laughing at us too.

The Pats lost 3 games all of 2010......ALL 3 to Buddy's sons.....there is probably a little laughing about the Pats at the Ryan's household as well.

AFC East title hasn't meant a pile of beans the past 2 years so to bring that up is ridiculous.

We need to fix our problems against those guys to get the LAST laugh

Sure we can all make fun of Rex but you know he has to be laughing at us too.

The Pats lost 3 games all of 2010......ALL 3 to Buddy's sons.....there is probably a little laughing about the Pats at the Ryan's household as well.

AFC East title hasn't meant a pile of beans the past 2 years so to bring that up is ridiculous.

We need to fix our problems against those guys to get the LAST laugh

Rob Ryan can't say much. He got his rings under BB. Buddy and Footsie can't say much either. Neither one has a ring as an HC.

Well, the poster said that we should not say anything about the great Rex because he won a couple of playoff games.

He was suppose to win the playoff games, the division, and the Super Bowl this year. Right? That was according to the mediots and Rex himself. Considering he had all those FA's and Pro Bowlers that he had or traded for, he fell flat on his face,again.

The Patriots were suppose to be rebuilding. And how did the great one force TFB to throw the interception, drop the TD in the end zone, and muff the fake punt snap??? These were unforced errors by the Patriots but let's give Rex credit for those.

So for those who would rather be in the shoes of the Jets team with their 17 FA's and the greatest coach in the NFL, go ahead and jump on his bandwagon.

I'll make this wager. If the Jets win the Super Bowl before the Patriots, I'll post that Rex is a great coach, then I'll leave this board and never return. Fair enough? It will be one less blind Kool Aid drinking "homer".

Until then, I'll mock Rex whenever he shoots off his fat mouth. While other Patriots fans continue to pout about the last 2 "dismal years", and say that Rex is such a great coach.

I don't think your entire post was directed at me, but I'll answer anyway.

I agree that rex hasn't done anything in the grand scheme of things. The goal is to win the SB obviously, but as a pats fan I feel like he did what he said he'd do. He came to foxboro and left with a W, thats all I care about. You have to kinda give him more credit than that. He came out with a great gameplan and his players executed that gameplan. Do you think it's easy to do what they did, Given the way Brady's played this year?

The "this was a rebuilding year" thing shouldn't fly when you have a 14-2 regular season. Along the way beating every opponent that was left in the divisional playoffs in both conferences.

Look I would rather watch a game with "Homers" than "chicken Littles". For the record I consider you in the middle compared to other "homers" on this board. For me to say the pats need to really do their talking on the field(and not just say they will) doesn't make me a jets fan. No more than it makes you more of a pats fan, to ignore that the jets and rex ryan came into gillette and ate the pats and BB's lunch that day.

I don't think your entire post was directed at me, but I'll answer anyway.

I agree that rex hasn't done anything in the grand scheme of things. The goal is to win the SB obviously, but as a pats fan I feel like he did what he said he'd do. He came to foxboro and left with a W, thats all I care about. You have to kinda give him more credit than that. He came out with a great gameplan and his players executed that gameplan. Do you think it's easy to do what they did, Given the way Brady's played this year?

The "this was a rebuilding year" thing shouldn't fly when you have a 14-2 regular season. Along the way beating every opponent that was left in the divisional playoffs in both conferences.

Look I would rather watch a game with "Homers" than "chicken Littles". For the record I consider you in the middle compared to other "homers" on this board. For me to say the pats need to really do their talking on the field(and not just say they will) doesn't make me a jets fan. No more than it makes you more of a pats fan, to ignore that the jets and rex ryan came into gillette and ate the pats and BB's lunch that day.

so what?

Do you know what New England's record was against the Miami Dolphins during the greatest run we ever had (2003-2007)? We were 6-5 against them. It meant nothing. When Indy finally beat us in 2006, I don't think that gave them bragging rights either.

so what?

Do you know what New England's record was against the Miami Dolphins during the greatest run we ever had (2003-2007)? We were 6-5 against them. It meant nothing. When Indy finally beat us in 2006, I don't think that gave them bragging rights either.

Well the major difference between then and now would be SB wins obviously. The dolphins never actually won any significant games during those years you mentioned. The jets just ended our 14-2 Reg season @ Gillette in which Brady won MVP.

Seeing as how indy won the SB that year... yea that kinda did give them bragging rights.

Well the major difference between then and now would be SB wins obviously. The dolphins never actually won any significant games during those years you mentioned. The jets just ended our 14-2 Reg season @ Gillette in which Brady won MVP.

Seeing as how indy won the SB that year... yea that kinda did give them bragging rights.

This club has lost in the playoffs before, to Denver, has missed the playoffs before, they lost to the Giants in the SB. You win some, you lose some. That's the bottom line. I don't think the Jets 3-2 record over the Patriots proves anything, frankly. It doesn't do anything for me. It's as meaningless as losses to Denver, etc.

when you look back at Patriot victories over some teams from the Super Bowl years, you realize how close these games are. Raiders '01, Steelers '01, Rams '01, Titans '03, Panthers '03, etc. These games were no different than the losses that came later in terms of how tight they were, in terms of the good fortune the Patriots had.

I just think people put too much emphasis on them.

Really? What has he won? AFCE? AFC Championship? Super Bowl?

The Patriots won their their division in those 2 years. The Jets won nothing.

It's been 2 whole years since the 3 time SB champions and 6 time AFC champions have won a playoff game. It's been 42 since the Jets won anything and that was before the merger so it was in a different era.

Maybe it's not too late for the fair weather fans to jump on the Jest bandwagon. There is room, from what I hear.

think ur missing the point... the guy never said they won anything.

And when ur asking what they won... i am pretty sure he layed it out for you they won 4 out of 6 playoff games when we went 0-2 and they are beating us 3-2 under rex. I hate the jets about as much as anyone on this forum but if ur going to put ur head in the sand and ignore the record then thats just stupid because i know if their record was 0-2 and ours was 4-2 and we beat them 3-2 every single person on this board would be bringing that up to every jets fan we saw

Who cares what Rex is saying about next season, everyone is acting like there is actually going to be a season next year....

How did winning the division feel after the jets came in our house and knocked us out of SB contention?

Division titles are only good for getting into the playoffs with atleast one guaranteed home game. That's it. I would rather be a wildcard team and go to the big game.

But that wild card team didnt go to the big game.
All the Jets 'earned' was one extra game to lose.
If you seriously are telling me you measure credibility and embarrassment by which round you are knocked out in without winning a championship, you should step back and reconsider your opinion.

The Jets out-physical'ed us, out-played us, and out-coached us in Foxboro in a playoff game. Until we can beat them in a game that means something, they have every right to say whatever they want. And winning the division does not make up for it at all, i'd rather lose the division and beat them as a wildcard team.

And I highly doubt Rex gets fired anytime soon. The guy must be fun as hell to cover from a reporter perspective, and all the talk gives the fans alot to be pumped for. Rex is in NY until he puts together 3 or 4 bad seasons in a row.
They won a game by 7 points, why the need to overexaggerate it as no contest?
They have beat us in exactly ONE game that 'means something'. Do you think you are overreacting a bit?

And when ur asking what they won... i am pretty sure he layed it out for you they won 4 out of 6 playoff games when we went 0-2 and they are beating us 3-2 under rex. I hate the jets about as much as anyone on this forum but if ur going to put ur head in the sand and ignore the record then thats just stupid because i know if their record was 0-2 and ours was 4-2 and we beat them 3-2 every single person on this board would be bringing that up to every jets fan we saw
You comment is completely wrong. From 2005-2007 pretty much what you described actually happened. Patriot fans were not bragging about getting closer than the Jets, they were lamenting not winning the SB.

They won a game by 7 points, why the need to overexaggerate it as no contest?
They have beat us in exactly ONE game that 'means something'. Do you think you are overreacting a bit?

Please. Yes, on the scoreboard they won by one TD, but anyone who watched it knows it was not nearly that close. It was a no contest the second we missed the first onsides kick recovery, and it was getting out of hand after the first 3 and out to start the 3rd quarter.

Please post an Aussie to English translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft