PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Same Old Rex...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jets earned the right to play in the afccg. What they did after that doesn't change what they did to our season. I'm with you, championships are the ultimate goal for any fan and hopefully for any player/coach.

I'll start with credibility than. Rex Ryan now has credibility when he runs his mouth about not being better than BB, but being able to outcoach him. It doesn't matter if it isn't true, that's what winning head to head playoff games do for you. Embarrassment, I measured embarrassment the way every pats fan measured it after that game. The jets talked sh*t all week and I was embarrassed that we didn't even match their intensity on the field.

If you live in the new England area you have other pats fans at your jobs, your place of worship, school etc. Patsfansince74, or anyone else living in a NY market can prob tell your more about embarrassment than I can. I just deal with the spygate crap more living around eagles and steelers fans. But atleast I didn't have to listen to jets fans after that loss.
And all that is bs. Ryan cannot call himself soon to be champion and gain credibility by not even getting to the championship game. I dont know how anyone with any stability can be embarrassed by a competitor being us for pretty much the first time in a game that was important. I don't know how it is embarrassing to not win every time.
I could care less what "****" Jets fans want to talk, the bottom line is the goal is to win the SB, and getting a little closer then losing is a hollow success.

"...no players on IR."? How about Barrett, Bodden, Bussey, Faulk, Gostkowski, Kaczur, Lockett, McGowan, Neal, Richard, Warren, Weston, Wilhite and Wright? Did I miss anyone?

Sorry, should have clarified - no player IR'ed since the previous game. (I had Welker and last season's playoffs in mind when I wrote that.)

Last edited:
I think one thing that should be considered - not only by the two of you, but also by those with opposing viewpoints - is that the two of you are in a somewhat unique situation: you're fans of the Pats living right smack in the middle of the Jets fan base. Living in New England and being a Pats fan is different than living outside of the area - but living in say California or Florida or even Pennsylvania is surely nothing compared to being a Pats fan living in northern NJ or NYC, especially after that playoff loss.

I feel very badly for what you two surely have to go through on a daily basis, but keep in mind that 99% of the rest of the people here are not in that situation. Likewise, the rest of us should probably have a little more empathy for what you have to put up with.

Thanks for the thoughtful post and yes, it was an acutely lonely and painful week even though I didn't encounter any obnoxious Jets fan. I think the fact that they no longer consider us as an elite team to be beaten is akin to twisting the knife after it's been plunged deep. :(

However, I doubt if my feelings would have changed even if I were in Brookline, where I was before I moved here. That said, I might have come out of my depression sooner. But the anger will always be there.

You speak the truth my faithful Indian companion.

Indian? American Indian and Indian Indian? :)

Last edited:
Wrecksy and Woody need to sell tickets and PSL's.

I don't think you can fault him for going for the pub in a big media town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News