PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

S. Holmes: "Numbers speak... on how well those guys are NOT playing on their defense"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: S. Holmes: "Numbers speak... on how well those guys are NOT playing on their defe

Holmes is a complete tool who is probably out drinking and driving as we speak. He probably gets out of his car at every red light and does his awesome first down pose because he labors under the delusion that he is the best WR of all time

fixed it for ya'. :D

Re: S. Holmes: "Numbers speak... on how well those guys are NOT playing on their defe

Man I was gonna post this! I can't stand this stupid pose he does.

It was total laughter last year when they were down like 5 touchdowns in the 45-3 railing and he got a first down and did this. We were all like, "are you serious?"

Good Times Good Times .. He did it in the Ravens game too..

Numbers speak.... and they say that the Jets play crap defense themselves, can't run, can't pass, and are lucky to be .500.

Last edited:

Bulletin board material:

Santonio Holmes (per Bedard & SMY tweet): "I think the numbers speak for themselves on how well those guys are NOT playing on their defense."

They have played well enough to win more games than the jets have.

Only going by the numbers is stupid.

"Stats are for losers..."

Good thing we're getting Dowling and Bodden back (ostensibly). I hope we punch him in the mouth.

I'd rather see Dowling on Plax and throw Bodden into the slot, myself.

He has a point. If the Pats pass rush can allow the Raider's QB and Dolphin QB to put up good numbers against our boys...........

If Sanchez too has all kinds of time to throw, and puts up good numbers, I will officially be worried.

i agree with s. holmes, the numbers don't lie. we've had one common opponent, the raiders. lets compare. the pats defense gave up 19 pts to the raiders with the final td coming in garbage time with under a minute to go and the game decided. s.holmes' jets defense gave up 34 pts to the same raider team the week before. s.holmes should worry about his own defense. obviously s does not stand for sherlock cuz he needs to get a clue.

Holmes obviously doesn't abide by the motto of 'people living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'. Through four games Holmes is averaging 3 receptions per game and has amassed all of 164 yards of total yards from scrimmage. So I would suggest to Holmes that his numbers speak on how well he is playing on offense.

Santonio Holmes Unimpressed With Patriots' Offense, Says 'Numbers Speak for Themselves' - New York Jets - NESN.com

Apparently the Jets way of dealing with teammates pointing fingers at each other and creating a divided locker room is not to tell them to be quiet, but instead talk about their opponent rather than themselves.

Santonio Holmes' problem is not Santonio Holmes. It's the lack of a running game, no depth on the offensive line and a middle-of-the-pack quarterback.

The numbers tell how the Jets offense has done so far - 71 yards/game rushing makes the Jets one dimensional. This gets no better this week against a stout Patriots defense against the rush. If the passing defense could somehow improve (everybody showing up this week, or not?), the Patriots defense could record their first sub-14 point game against these guys.

The all-star receiver patrol is starting to grumble, which means Snatch-ez is under increased pressure to distribute the ball and lead his team. Never a better time for the Patriots to step in and apply some pressure in the pocket. This is a big one for both teams.

He has a point. If the Pats pass rush can allow the Raider's QB and Dolphin QB to put up good numbers against our boys...........

If Sanchez too has all kinds of time to throw, and puts up good numbers, I will officially be worried.

But BB isn't exactly throwiong the kitchen sink at opposing QB's so far.

Anyone get the feeling given the Jets o-line worries thats going to change on Sunday

They have played well enough to win more games than the jets have.

Only going by the numbers is stupid.

"Stats are for losers..."

And they've certainly lost 2 games straight.... 3 coming up next!

Never understood why fans get so worked up over these things. He's telling the truth. If Brady or someone on the Pats came out and said, their offensive line is garbage, I couldn't care less. I would LOVE for them to prove him wrong, just like you guys are hoping for the Pats D. I enjoy quotes like these because they spruce up the rivalry IMO.

Actually, I remember Brady before a certain Super Bowl that shall not be named poking fun at Plaxico's 21-17 Giants prediction, saying, "We're only gonna score 17 points? Is Plax gonna play defense or something?" (paraphrasing).

Didn't it like that then either, and look how it turned out. That defense played a game for the ages. So no, it's not just a laundry issue... it makes no sense to give ANY defense a reason to play harder.

does it matter if he has a point or not?

why the hell would he say that? does he want this week to be the week that haynesworth bears down and makes some kind of statement?

if he was smart, he would have said something like 'don't believe the numbers, no matter how bad they are'

I know these guys are pros and should not have problems motivating, but why risk giving an edge?

Holmes obviously doesn't abide by the motto of 'people living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'. Through four games Holmes is averaging 3 receptions per game and has amassed all of 164 yards of total yards from scrimmage. So I would suggest to Holmes that his numbers speak on how well he is playing on offense.

Santonio Holmes Unimpressed With Patriots' Offense, Says 'Numbers Speak for Themselves' - New York Jets - NESN.com

Apparently the Jets way of dealing with teammates pointing fingers at each other and creating a divided locker room is not to tell them to be quiet, but instead talk about their opponent rather than themselves.

I was thinking the same thing about Holmes. The Jets rank 25th in total offense. Why not just let your play on the field do the talking?

Who the hell is Santonio Holmes? Oh thats right another wr who everyone thought was so good when he got his money, yet another guy who people said was better than welker, yet here we are and welker is 100 times better than this piece of crap.

yes, numbers dont lie...3-1>2-2

I have no problem with any of this. First of all there is some truth to what he said. Second, there is no trash talk in it, nothing of a personal nature. Third, bringing this to light alongside the complaints he has against his own team only help us. He has managed to provide us with motivation while creating division within his own team. Bravo, Santonio. Keep it coming.

Last edited:

Isn't this the same thing everyone has said on this forum at some point during the first month of the season? What's the big deal. Grow some balls.

Actually, I remember Brady before a certain Super Bowl that shall not be named poking fun at Plaxico's 21-17 Giants prediction, saying, "We're only gonna score 17 points? Is Plax gonna play defense or something?" (paraphrasing).

Didn't it like that then either, and look how it turned out. That defense played a game for the ages. So no, it's not just a laundry issue... it makes no sense to give ANY defense a reason to play harder.

Agree with the fine conclusion.

One note on the first response w.r.t Brady's PC that you mention: he actually laughed and asked the reporter to predict higher score but still in favor of the Gints (like 44-41). So, wasn't he nodding to both O's scoring high in the game and still allowing the possibility of the Gints winning it? That's how I looked at it but wasn't that surprised to see everyone in uproar. After all, the players are seeking the slightest edge, real or perceived, and want to always play with a chip on their shoulder.

I hope Holmes continues to provide these nice motivations (even though he speaks the truth! :)) and spurs us.

Well, I hope they use it.

Who the hell is Santonio Holmes? Oh thats right another wr who everyone thought was so good when he got his money, yet another guy who people said was better than welker, yet here we are and welker is 100 times better than this piece of crap.

yes, numbers dont lie...3-1>2-2

Holmes is a stud. He is an outside receiver going up against the other team's best corner while Welker is working the middle of the field against linebackes and safeties. Also, there seems to be some difference in quality between their respective quarterbacks. Can't really compare the 2, but both are great players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News