PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

S. Holmes: "Numbers speak... on how well those guys are NOT playing on their defense"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: S. Holmes: "Numbers speak... on how well those guys are NOT playing on their defe

Holmes is a stud. He is an outside receiver going up against the other team's best corner while Welker is working the middle of the field against linebackes and safeties. Also, there seems to be some difference in quality between their respective quarterbacks. Can't really compare the 2, but both are great players.

The guy has 162 yards and 1 TD for the season. That is more of a dud. No matter who is covering him he shouldn't average 40.5 yards and 0.25 TDs a game. Welker had more yards and TDs in the Buffalo game than Holmes had all season. Holmes is 79th in yards and 75th in receptions so far this year.

Holmes is a good player with a bad QB, but he is having an awful year. He certainly isn't a stud. A stud WR would still have good numbers even with a horrible QB. Larry Fitzgerald had over 1100 yards last year with the hot garbage throwing to him (Derek Anderson). That is a stud WR.

Re: S. Holmes: "Numbers speak... on how well those guys are NOT playing on their defe

Holmes is absolutely right. He's also an idiot for saying something about it.

I liked Holmes a lot more when he was smoking weed, now he's just an *******.

don't listen to classless people

Well just goes to show how different the two teams are, here is Tom Brady responding to a question that is clearly about the Jets offense:
Q: How much stock do you put into what the Jets did before they played last Sunday against the Ravens and what happened to them against the Ravens?

TB: They still played pretty well defensively. I don't think [Joe] Flacco threw for 50 percent. The Ravens had a bunch of scores - defensive scores, but that doesn't really affect me at all. We are preparing for a very good defense - tough, physical style, that's good in pass coverage. They lead the league in first down defense. They lead the league in third down defense. They're one of the best that we play all year.

Holmes is a stud. He is an outside receiver going up against the other team's best corner while Welker is working the middle of the field against linebackes and safeties. Also, there seems to be some difference in quality between their respective quarterbacks. Can't really compare the 2, but both are great players.

sure you can..one is overratted for some strange reason, and one is STILL underatted for some strange reason.

good, let him/the jets talk. this will only serve as motivation for the patriots defense come sunday.

you know belichick showed those comments to his players

As usual, the opposing team talks smack about the Patriots, while Belichick and company gives them high praise, even if the other team really sucks.
This is nothing new......

Isn't this the same thing everyone has said on this forum at some point during the first month of the season? What's the big deal. Grow some balls.

Grow some balls?!?

Where would we put them? Are you an HGH salesman?

There is plenty of flinty, stoic New England manliness to go around on this message board and to suggest otherwise is to become the target of the business end of a New England Patriot's musket.

Be careful what you ask for, my friend.

Last edited:

Sadly he has a point. Last seasons ending should be enough motivation to win this one. Blow em out and get Chad to do something obnoxious at the end. Greene sleeping in the endzone still makes me mad. Go get 'em!

Exactly. Why get so upset about this?

Is this news to Pats fans?

I saw him make the statement and he wasn't being a smart-arse or anything. He was just making a point.

And I am sorry to say, until the Pats prove they can be a better defense, this will be a league wide perception.

Last edited:

Exactly. Why get so upset about this?

Is this news to Pats fans?

I saw him make the statement and he wasn't being a smart-arse or anything. He was just making a point.

And I am sorry to say, until the Pats prove they can be a better defense, this will be a league wide perception.

Who cares what the league wide perception is? It doesn't mean ****.

Grow some balls?!?

Where would we put them? Are you an HGH salesman?

There is plenty of flinty, stoic New England manliness to go around on this message board and to suggest otherwise is to become the target of the business end of a New England Patriot's musket.

Be careful what you ask for, my friend.

If you have a hard time understanding where balls belong, I can see how Santonio's observations about our defense would upset you.

The Jets record speaks for itself too, Santonio.

Which lead to nowhere yet again

Actually, I'm pretty sure they went on to play in the AFCCG . . . just saying.lol

Actually, I'm pretty sure they went on to play in the AFCCG . . . just saying.lol

Did it result in a SB win? No one remembers the losers who went to the AFC champ game

Did it result in a SB win? No one remembers the losers who went to the AFC champ game

Strangely enough, pretty much everyone on this message board seems to remember that the Jets have gone to the AFCCG for two consecutive years.

Some of us are even able to remember the Jets last Superbowl win in 1969.

Strangely enough, pretty much everyone on this message board seems to remember that the Jets have gone to the AFCCG for two consecutive years.

Of course they do..it's our rival. But in 10..even 5 years..it will be different. Well the same since it will still be another 5 years before the jets win anything

If you ever talk to a Jets fan, they remind you constantly. I am surprised they don't have AFC Championship participant banner in the new Meadowlands. On every message board the Jets fans favorite retort to anything comparing the Pats and Jets is that the Jets have gone to the AFC Championship game two years in a row. Heck, Rex Ryan and his players talk about it constantly. Five years from now, no one will remember.

Last edited:

Thanks, Santonio!

Was waiting for some similar type mirth to slither out from one of these rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back