PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

S. Holmes: "Numbers speak... on how well those guys are NOT playing on their defense"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: S. Holmes: "Numbers speak... on how well those guys are NOT playing on their defe

If you ever talk to a Jets fan, they remind you constantly. I am surprised they don't have AFC Championship participant banner in the new Meadowlands. .

LOL :singing:

Re: S. Holmes: "Numbers speak... on how well those guys are NOT playing on their defe

Did it result in a SB win? No one remembers the losers who went to the AFC champ game

Just the people in those poor countries who get the shirts...

This is just more material that Dark Lord Hoodie will use as motivation for his troops.

They don't need motivation...they need to smash that little silk purse Sanchez like a sledgehammer on a dog turd.Do that and the Rats don't even score.

This is going to be fun

If there is any receiver I despise more than SH, I can't think of them.

He must have been ignored as a child cause he craves the spotlight and feels the need to open his mouth every chance he gets.

Let's face it, the only reason he is in the media now cause of our team.

All I ask is that we are physical, real physical, and that we take advantage of our opportunities.

This week has started slow but intensity and hype is building...

Let's face it, the only reason he is in the media now cause of our team.

Santonio Holmes deserves our respect. He made the greatest catch in Super Bowl history and is a truly elite receiver. He's also a tough guy who does not shrink from his blocking assignments. What he said about the Patriots' defense is basically correct.

The Patriots passing defense has to step up and put an end to the abuse it is receiving here, in the media and from other teams.

But Santonio has as much legitimacy speaking out in the media as anybody playing right now.

Last edited:

Santonio Holmes deserves our respect. He made the greatest catch in Super Bowl history and is a truly elite receiver. He's also a tough guy who does not shrink from his blocking assignments. What he said about the Patriots' defense is basically correct.

The Patriots passing defense has to step up and put an end to the abuse it is receiving here, in the media and from other teams.

But Santonio has as much legitimacy speaking out in the media as anybody playing right now.

Greatest catch in Super Bowl history is David Tyree.

He may not "shrink" from blocking assignments, but he sure did quit after Sanchez threw that interception to Ladarius Webb last week. Showed allot of hustle chasing him down. :rolleyes:

Thats where he has NO legitimacy calling anyone out. He quit.

And I'm sorry, he doesn't "deserve our respect". He's a talented reciever, sure, but also a habitual drug, and women abuser.

Numbers speak.

Vince Wilfork has twice as many interceptions as Revis this year.

Therefore, they may try to put Welker on Revis Island - but their whole team will be on Wilfork Continent.

Holmes elite WR?!? This the guy's sixth year in the league and he has only one season where he had more than 1,000 yards (1248 in 2009 where he was seventh in receiving yards). He has never had more 6 TDs in a season. No way is Holmes an elite WR. If he was truly elite, the Steelers could have gotten more than a late round pick for him. He is a very good WR, but nowhere near elite.

And after publically throwing his offensive coordinator under the bus one week and his QB and o-line the next week, he doesn't deserve one iota of my respect. Holmes is a punk. He wore out his welcome in Pittsburgh and he will probably do it in New York too.

Last edited:

and is a truly elite receiver.

So you would rather have holmes over Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson if you were starting a team? Yeah he is NOT elite

I'm a Buckeye student/fan and I HATE Holmes. Though I do respect him for not ratting out his school unlike his idiot College QB.

PS I do love Mangold.

Did it result in a SB win? No one remembers the losers who went to the AFC champ game

LOL. They dont even make a hat for that!

LOL. They dont even make a hat for that!

but im sure the jets made a documentary for that.

Bulletin board material:

Santonio Holmes (per Bedard & SMY tweet): "I think the numbers speak for themselves on how well those guys are NOT playing on their defense."

I see his tweet as credible...until this current defense can prove his words wrong.

Isn't this the same thing everyone has said on this forum at some point during the first month of the season? What's the big deal. Grow some balls.

In the household I grew up in you could say pretty much anything about your father, mother, sister or brother. When all was said and done it was settled within those four walls.

If somebody outside the family boundaries said the same thing, the reaction was not the same, to put it mildly.

I don't know what kind of neighborhood you grew up in, but to me there's a huge difference.

Greatest catch in Super Bowl history is David Tyree.

He may not "shrink" from blocking assignments, but he sure did quit after Sanchez threw that interception to Ladarius Webb last week. Showed allot of hustle chasing him down. :rolleyes:

Thats where he has NO legitimacy calling anyone out. He quit.

And I'm sorry, he doesn't "deserve our respect". He's a talented reciever, sure, but also a habitual drug, and women abuser.

My reaction to your response is this: David Tyree's catch was the luckiest catch in SB history. It was bizarre. Holmes' catch was artistry.

Your point about his personal conduct is completely correct - he is a sleaze. Homes is a top, yes, elite, WR who can legitimately make comments about the Patriots defensive numbers. Numbers that through week 4 suck. Holmes is creep who I wouldn't endorse as a teacher in my daughter's Sunday school.

Patriot fans now live in a glass house, by the way. The Patriots forfeited the higher ground now that Albert Haynesworth is on the team.

As we used to say about Ted Kennedy during his skirt-chasing drunken era: "He's a son of a *****, but he's our son of a *****."

Last edited:

So you would rather have holmes over Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson if you were starting a team? Yeah he is NOT elite

No. If I were GM, I'd take AJ or CJ over Santonio Holmes. But I would trade Chad Ochocinco even up for Santonio Holmes in a heartbeat.

No. If I were GM, I'd take AJ or CJ over Santonio Holmes. But I would trade Chad Ochocinco even up for Santonio Holmes in a heartbeat.

Who said Ochocinco was elite. He is the #3 WR on this team. He is also 33 years old. I am not down on Ochocinco like most on this board, but that is faint praise for Holmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back