PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan Wendell To IR to Make Room For Stork

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that mean for brady? ;)

Well, Brady probably CAN do whatever he wants, but I don't think he'll be named captain on the OL, I think he's safe.

Seal is s tough
I either see Siliga getting waived or Chris Jones getting waived. I'm not sure what we do with Fletcher. Waive a Safety maybe?

Easley and Jones are the only true 3 techs and Grissom on 3rd downs I guess. Siliga, Browm, Branch and Hicks all overlap with Siliga the odd man out

Seal or Jones is a tough cut. Cruel world....

Also, one more thing about Chris Jones: Let's not rewrite history and pretend he only ever saw meaningful snaps because of injuries. He started 12 games last year. Our DT position wasn't that great, sure, but it still means he was generally in the top 2 or 3 at the position over some players currently on the roster.

Chris Jones is the Rob Ninkovich of DTs. Nothing sexy, overall very solid and occasionally surprises the heck out of you.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Ugh...say it ain't so. I can't let go of him being our best DT even though it does seem like he's been surpassed at the very least by Easley.
Maybe he can play G or OT:p?

I still think we underrate Chris Jones. Is he a pass rushing world beater? No. Is he probably even good enough to make this 53? No. But he could be a sub DT on plenty of teams.
Jones has great hands and good feet. It's his strength at point of attack is a bit of a question for me.

Jones has great hands and good feet. It's his strength at point of attack is a bit of a question for me.

Yeah. I'm no film expert, so I can't even attest to the hands and feet, but I have seen him get blown up off the line at times. But we've seen that out of Wilfork (mostly since 2013) and we saw that out of Malcom Brown plenty this season (although less recently).

Yeah. I'm no film expert, so I can't even attest to the hands and feet, but I have seen him get blown up off the line at times. But we've seen that out of Wilfork (mostly since 2013) and we saw that out of Malcom Brown plenty this season (although less recently).

Yea Brown was a technique issue. He's got stoutness and power to spare.

6'2", 325 pounds...I think we've got our next RG.

Seriously, you'd think that guys that size have probably played some OL in the past. It would sure help the team , and their roster spot if a DL could handle reps at OL and vice versa.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
I think Andrews would be fine in pass coverage as a guard.

The good thing is Washington doesn't have a true disrupter on the DL so I think we can afford to do some more experimenting with who does what best. Probably go back to the OL carousel that we saw at the beginning of the season.

The good thing is Washington doesn't have a true disrupter on the DL so I think we can afford to do some more experimenting with who does what best. Probably go back to the OL carousel that we saw at the beginning of the season.
Ryan Kerrigan is out right? Haven't looked.

I wonder if it makes sense for them to put him on IR. They are now down to 8 OL on the active roster and have no reinforcements coming.

Flemming, Cannon Vollmer, Kline, Mason, Andrews, Jackson, Stork. Not unheard of for them but kinda light.

So was Stork even activated? It was suppose to happen by 4pm. Saw a couple reports that said Wendell would be placed on IR when Stork was ready to come back and the updated practice report still hasWendell has doubtful, if he was put on IR i'd think he would have been removed outright.

So was Stork even activated? It was suppose to happen by 4pm. Saw a couple reports that said Wendell would be placed on IR when Stork was ready to come back and the updated practice report still hasWendell has doubtful, if he was put on IR i'd think he would have been removed outright.

The Pats twitter account verified Stork is activated and Wendell to IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes