PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the Pats, Will Grier

Not sure what they're looking for. I know Grier had a lot of buzz coming out of college, but don't think he's shown anything so far.

Tough dude - nice arm, runs - what's not to like?
Mechanics need a bit of work from what I'm reading, his footwork is meh and he doesn't get a lot of power on the ball when he can't set his feet.

Almost like he knows Mac Jones is going to take a beating with this offensive line...

Last edited:
I like the roster strategy recently. Use practice squad elevations to fill out the game day roster in the short term while using the actual roster spots on waiver claims and signings from other practice squads, players that you can’t sign to to your own practice squad.

Now we just need this to result in an actually useful player.

It’s a shame Corral didn’t pan out.
I wonder if it was the Pats or Matt who pulled the plug on the PS signing.
Like imagine Matt is mentally in a bad place he gets told he’s being signed to the PS while he gets thru this MJ goes on IR and the Pats are like sorry Matt we can sign Grier to the active roster now.

Also imagine Zappes feeling.
But Bills Shrewdness could of traumatized poor Matt wow.

This also suggests that they don't view Cunningham as an NFL QB.
Yeah they really think they can make him a WR I guess. Not sure he showed anything in camp and preseason to back that up but I guess we'll see.

Interesting tidbit is that he was chosen with the pick before Cajuste in the 2019 draft. I wonder If he was high on their board.

Yeah they really think they can make him a WR I guess. Not sure he showed anything in camp and preseason to back that up but I guess we'll see.
If he makes it as a WR that's gravy. I think his primary role is to play Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen in practice.

I liked him coming out of the draft I haven’t kept up with his career much cause he really hasn’t had one.

Hopefully he leapfrogs Zappe and the forum Zappites will Bail on him.

Didn’t he start against us in his rookie year?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back