PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan Wendell To IR to Make Room For Stork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised.. think Andrews goes to G and Stork to C. Andrews will cover for Jackson. Think we are good for now, as Williams is the emergency tackle backup.

But if Vollmer goes down, we are really screwed.

Given that Stork has played G and Andrews hasn't, wouldn't it be the other way around?

Bummer. He's a solid vet and good locker room presence to have. I'm happy to see Stork back though. It remains to be seen whether Stork can be as versatile as Wendell was.

Not to mention that he was a Captain. Clearly a solid professional, making the most of his abilities.

Pats o-line practice walkthrough:

hqdefault.jpg

At least one guy seems to have some spring in his step. o_O

We can drop the safety we picked up from the Colts and sign someone from the PS.

Then reload the PS.

We added Stork, a better player, and lost Wendell, a more versatile one.

Get the W and NO injuries this weekend.

IIRC when you sign a player off an opponent's PS you have to keep him for 3 weeks.

Mason is also said to be walking better so I would guess that 1-2 week timeframe is probably applicable to him too.

Think Mason probably is back this week. But that's just my gut feeling.

Ehh...we're at 51 + Dobson + McDonald.

McDonald is a specimen. Strong. Fast. Can jump. Quick.

I think they like his upside a lot.

(watch him get cut next week)

I think prime candidates to be cut when Jones and Fletcher are ready to return are.......

Jones and Fletcher.

I like them both a ton, too.

I don't see Jonesie taking snaps from anyone on the line and I don't see Fletch taking snaps aware of Freeney or Bostic.

Only way they both stick is a combo of IRing Grissom and/or Flowers and/or cut one of the 392 safeties on the roster. Wilson as Fletch is very good STer as is Jonesie.

I'm sorry but our depth in the OL just took another severe blow, if this is true. And to make matters worse, our experience along the offensive line is almost none existent. Think about this. After Volmer, 3rd year player, Josh Kline is the next most experience lineman on the team. That is CRAZY. If I were Bill I'd be calling up Dan Connolly to see what kind of shape he's in. It is that bad.

BTW- I was watching some of the clips and if you look at the OL on some of the Dolphin game highlights, our best pass blocker is Brady. Our OL was getting blown up, and Brady would have been killed if he had to hold on to the ball one more second.

So, two starting centers, your most experienced guy [Kline] as a backup and the two good looking rookies who have started is not enough at guard/center?

How many people can they dress? Stork was a starter last year and Andrews has played every snap this year. You have to turn the roster over sometime.

I like them both a ton, too.

I don't see Jonesie taking snaps from anyone on the line and I don't see Fletch taking snaps aware of Freeney or Bostic.

Only way they both stick is a combo of IRing Grissom and/or Flowers and/or cut one of the 392 safeties on the roster. Wilson as Fletch is very good STer as is Jonesie.

It has been suggested [read someplace] that Jones could replace Siliga. I know some people will lose their minds, but the reason is, Jones is a penetrator while Siliga competes with Branch and Hicks for run stopping snaps. The Pats intentionally are trying to turn over to penetrators on passing downs, meaning Easley and Jones sometime?

Ehh...we're at 51 + Dobson + McDonald.

And I'm not giving up on dobson, there are just so many spots. the Dew2ey guy is getting a cup of coffee for some reason. could be wilson on special teams, though. When I don't see Wilson on injury reports, yet i see a rugby player getting snaps on the regular defense, I wonder how thin could Wilson's thread possibly be?

It's the only reason I can see for McDonald is as a Wilson replacement.

It has been suggested [read someplace] that Jones could replace Siliga. I know some people will lose their minds, but the reason is, Jones is a penetrator while Siliga competes with Branch and Hicks for run stopping snaps. The Pats intentionally are trying to turn over to penetrators on passing downs, meaning Easley and Jones sometime?

Y'know....Seal only played a dozen or so snaps each vs MIA and the NYJ.

Absolutely a situation worth watching.

Vollmer - Kline - Andrews - Stork - Flemming

Stork has been practicing at Guard and Andrews has not. There was never a question to who plays where at least for this week, the real question comes when our two rookie Guards are back, I'd guess they take a bench unless the Stork at Guard situation fails, though I really want Mason on the field.

Kline has been too good, and no, I never thought I'd say that.

Too bad, it was comforting to know there was a veteran depth there. Sort of strange, really… Don't really know what his ailments were obviously. The talent is good, it's just never ideal to have such significant turnover all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes