PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan Mallett may start for Texans week 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooted for Cassell but that ship has sailed...and sunk.
Big Hoyer fan.
I'll be rooting for The Hammer but not that emotionally invested.

I hope he does well. He has the tools, but needs to prove he's intelligent and tough.

At least in the locker room, one thing Mallett will have going for him is that he's blacker than Russell Wilson.

I hope he does well. He has the tools, but needs to prove he's intelligent and tough.

Don't take this as ball busting, but i always get a kick out of these comments.
Why does he have to prove he is intelligent and tough?
He either is or isn't. What does he gain by proving to a fan whether he is intelligent and tough?
There really is no reason yet to doubt either.

Don't take this as ball busting, but i always get a kick out of these comments.
Why does he have to prove he is intelligent and tough?
He either is or isn't. What does he gain by proving to a fan whether he is intelligent and tough?

He doesn't have to prove anything to the fans. From pre-season i saw a talented player who's decision making and toughness in the pocket was a question mark. Pre-season doesn't say that much, but this is something that he needs to show if he wants to be a starter

Sure there is. There are plenty of arguments for why Mallett could still prove to be an NFL caliber quarterback, but there is ample reason to think otherwise as well.

He doesn't have to prove anything to the fans. From pre-season i saw a talented player who's decision making and toughness in the pocket was a question mark. Pre-season doesn't say that much, but this is something that he needs to show if he wants to be a starter

Like I said not busting your balls, but I just find it funny when people say what someone needs to prove, as if your about about him is meaningful.

Sure there is. There are plenty of arguments for why Mallett could still prove to be an NFL caliber quarterback, but there is ample reason to think otherwise as well.
So exactly what has he done that is reason to doubt his intelligence or toughness?

So exactly what has he done that is reason to doubt his intelligence or toughness?

Oops, misread on my part. I thought you were saying there is no reason to doubt his ability.

Best of luck to Mallett as he might get a chance to start for the Texans.

Last edited:
Oops, misread on my part. I thought you were saying there is no reason to doubt his ability.
Nah, no reason to have any clue about his ability at this point.
I was just responding to questioning his intelligence and toughness with nothing to go on to imply they are an issue.

In training camp from what i saw he was trying to force the ball downfield into coverage rather than go through his progressions. In the pocket he wasn't patient and quickly forced the ball out.

You can't sit here and say he was amazing in TC.

Isn't it amazing that that 4 patriot qbs have started games this year:

Brady
Hoyer
Cassel
Mallet

BB knows what he's doing when it comes to QBs, which gives me confidence that JAG will be a quality Qb as well.

In training camp from what i saw he was trying to force the ball downfield into coverage rather than go through his progressions. In the pocket he wasn't patient and quickly forced the ball out.

You can't sit here and say he was amazing in TC.
When did I say he was amazing.
I said there is nothing that you have seen that legitimately is a question of his toughness or intelligence.
Nothing you typed there shows that either, and lets admit that your guess about his intelligence or toughness would be based upon having nowhere near the amount of information needed to even pretend you could know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes