PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan Clark running his mouth again

Ryan's Clark's best known play...an illegal cheap shot blind side...he's #25..

cruz-hit-11-4-12.gif

So you ask who Ryan Clark was and then almost immediately pull up a gif of a completely legal hit of ... Ryan Clark.

Say what you want about his comments, but he's not wrong. There are legitimate concerns whether or not Amendola can not only shoulder the load and fill the void that Welker left but also stay healthy for a full season. Regarding Brady ducking, it seems like he's having success at it.

If you guys really didn't care about his comments, you wouldn't be as upset as you guys are. The "past his prime" and "he's only talented because of Polamalu" comments are a little confusing as he's been more consistent and had more of an impact than Troy has in the last two seasons.

Thought Ryan Clark's comment about missing Welker, Brady's ghosts and this offense were spot on.

This may be the most surprising post in the whole thread. :rolleyes:

So you ask who Ryan Clark was and then almost immediately pull up a gif of a completely legal hit of ... Ryan Clark.

Say what you want about his comments, but he's not wrong. There are legitimate concerns whether or not Amendola can not only shoulder the load and fill the void that Welker left but also stay healthy for a full season. Regarding Brady ducking, it seems like he's having success at it.

If you guys really didn't care about his comments, you wouldn't be as upset as you guys are. The "past his prime" and "he's only talented because of Polamalu" comments are a little confusing as he's been more consistent and had more of an impact than Troy has in the last two seasons.

A current player should never talk about another team. Doesn't matter the format.

Worry about your own teams' various flaws. Starting with your brain damaged pos safeties.

A current player should never talk about another team. Doesn't matter the format.

Worry about your own teams' various flaws. Starting with your brain damaged pos safeties.

Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg

I hope they're not too brain damaged that they can't lead the league in pass defense again. That would suck.

Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg

I hope they're not too brain damaged that they can't lead the league in pass defense again. That would suck.

That's cool and everything, but it still hasn't gotten Pittsburgh in the playoffs the last two seasons. You guys are almost maxed out when it comes to the cap and very old. The issues there are very real.

That's cool and everything, but it still hasn't gotten Pittsburgh in the playoffs the last two seasons. You guys are almost maxed out when it comes to the cap and very old. The issues there are very real.

Mark Kaboly @MarkKaboly_Trib

#Steelers have only 10 players older than 30 on 90-man roster. 6 are starters and 2 of them are in last year of contract

It's a common misconception. Oh, and four of those positions that have six starters already have someone under the age of 25 and ready to start when they eventually hang 'em up. The fifth and sixth? Troy and Ben.

I think we're set, but thank you for your concerns.

There are legitimate concerns whether or not Amendola can not only shoulder the load and fill the void that Welker left but also stay healthy for a full season.

Ya let's just forget about the two years where Amendola played the entire season. Or how the 2011 injury gets overblown because if it were to happen now with the new IR rules he wouldn't miss 15 games.

We've all said similar things at one point or another.

I remember Clark almost killing Welker

l.gif

The bigger question is: why is Ryan running his mouth? The Steelers likely will struggle to make the playoffs this season and he's talking about an opponent in week nine. It does his cause or that of his team no good at all and probably will backfire.

The bigger question is: why is Ryan running his mouth? The Steelers likely will struggle to make the playoffs this season and he's talking about an opponent in week nine. It does his cause or that of his team no good at all and probably will backfire.

I don't always blame the player. You don't think any time someone is interviewing Terrell Suggs, Rex Ryan, Antonio Cromartie, Bart Scott, James Harrison, Ryan Clark, etc., they can't help but ask a question about the Patriots, Tom Brady or Bill Belichick. These players and coaches have given negative responses about the Patriots in the past, and the interviewer knows they'll likely get another one.

Mark Kaboly @MarkKaboly_Trib

#Steelers have only 10 players older than 30 on 90-man roster. 6 are starters and 2 of them are in last year of contract

It's a common misconception. Oh, and four of those positions that have six starters already have someone under the age of 25 and ready to start when they eventually hang 'em up. The fifth and sixth? Troy and Ben.

I think we're set, but thank you for your concerns.

Your players on the other side of 30 include...

Roethlisberger
Burress
Keisel
Polamalu
Miller
Foote
Cotchery
Clark

Roethlisberger is only 31 (though he's probably aged to 35 by now with all the injuries) and Burress probably will not make it through camp, but the rest of the guys are all stalwarts on your current roster and/or important figures on the team. So, in conclusion, the point stands.

Last edited:
Six? I count more. Your players on the other side of 30 include...

Roethlisberger
Burress
Keisel
Polamalu
Miller
Foote
Cotchery
Clark

Roethlisberger is only 31 (though he's probably aged to 35 by now with all the injuries) and Burress probably will not make it through camp, but the rest of the guys are all stalwarts on your current roster and very important figures on the team. So, in conclusion, the point stands.

Six starters. Starters.

Cotchery isn't a stalwart on our roster. I have questions whether or not he'll beat out rookie Wheaton as our third receiver. Foote isn't really either and it wouldn't surprise me, again, if Vince Williams from FSU beat him out to play alongside Timmons.

Your point doesn't stand. Keisel is going to split reps with Heyward and it's plausible (not possible) that Heyward will permanently supplant Keisel as our RDE.

Your point was we're getting old and we're against the cap. My point was most of those guys won't be on the roster in 2014. In fact, I think it will just be Roethlisberger and Miller. Your point boils down to "well, these guys are old! you're old!" and are completely ignoring the depth we have.

Maybe I'm missing your point completely which is entirely possible, but if it's we're "old" and only getting older, then it's completely false.

six starters. Starters.

Cotchery isn't a stalwart on our roster. I have questions whether or not he'll beat out rookie wheaton as our third receiver. Foote isn't really either and it wouldn't surprise me, again, if vince williams from fsu beat him out to play alongside timmons.

Your point doesn't stand. Keisel is going to split reps with heyward and it's plausible (not possible) that heyward will permanently supplant keisel as our rde.

Your point was we're getting old and we're against the cap. My point was most of those guys won't be on the roster in 2014. In fact, i think it will just be roethlisberger and miller. Your point boils down to "well, these guys are old! You're old!" and are completely ignoring the depth we have.

Maybe i'm missing your point completely which is entirely possible, but if it's we're "old" and only getting older, then it's completely false.

6/22 = 27.2 %

There's another game circled on my calendar - November 3, 2013 Pittsbugh at New England. Note to self: keep an eye on Steelers' Ryan Clark to see if:

a) Clark even gets into the game or was replaced by draft pick Shamarko Thomas out of Syracuse, (Clark's cap hit is $4.75 million coming off an injury-riddled 2012 - Steelers possibly preparing to release Ryan Clark - Behind the Steel Curtain

or

b) Clark gawks at the "ghost" of Rob Gronkowski coming up the seam with the ball to haul him into the end zone.

Josh McDaniels is known for selecting a guy who talks smack and going at him all game long. Ryan Clark may be in for a long day trying to figure out who to cover as younger, faster guys fly into his quadrant while Tom Brady pump fakes "ghosts" to buy enough time to torch his 33-year-old self.

It's nice to have a little blackboard material in May.

Six starters. Starters.

I edited my post after re-reading your's.

Cotchery isn't a stalwart on our roster. I have questions whether or not he'll beat out rookie Wheaton as our third receiver.

No, but considering your WR situation, I would say that a guy with the playoff experience that he has as well as the experience in your system that he has as well would qualify as being important. Notice I said they were either stalwarts or important guys.

Foote isn't really either and it wouldn't surprise me, again, if Vince Williams from FSU beat him out to play alongside Timmons.

TC hasn't started. As of right now, Foote is the starter.

Your point doesn't stand. Keisel is going to split reps with Heyward and it's plausible (not possible) that Heyward will permanently supplant Keisel as our RDE.

Given what I saw out of Heyward last season, that's doubtful. He could have improved on 2012, but I wasn't all that impressed with him last season.

Your point was we're getting old and we're against the cap. My point was most of those guys won't be on the roster in 2014. In fact, I think it will just be Roethlisberger and Miller. Your point boils down to "well, these guys are old! you're old!" and are completely ignoring the depth we have.

You said that only two of them are in their last year of their contracts, a point which I edited my post for an acknowledged. That being said, why would the team part ways with four more of them when those guys are still very much leaders on the team? Further, it doesn't seem like Pittsburgh has a plan in place to replace them at this point of time, in spite of what looks like a very good draft on the surface.

Some of this can go both ways. Could Brady have over-relied on Welker too much?

Also, I think the Steelers did well in man-to-man because the Pats weren't expecting it. Every time Brady faced the Steelers, they played zone. I think the Pats were caught off guard.

Clark brings up the Jets when mentioning Brady seeing ghosts, but fails to mention that the Pats are 4-0 vs. the Jets since that playoff game. And over those four games, Brady has thrown for 9 TDs and only one INT. That playoff game against the Jets looks to he yet another example of the Pats being caught off guard by a team that threw out their go-to playbook and threw something completely different at them.

Yeah

This completely sums it up.

It could not be stated better.

Next thread

It wasn't exactly an interview, he was a guest analyst on NFL Live. He wasn't exactly prompted to hate on Brady, he just had to do it... like the rest of em'. They should've asked him about the Steelers chances.

Next year, he will be another bum FA. He'll have his last interview, where the interviewer asks, "where would you like to finish your career?" And he'll answer like T.O (He did some hating on Brady on the T.O\Ocho-Cinco show)... "I would love to finish my career with the Patriots... I think Brady's the best ever and more likely to get me another ring than the Steelers at this point"

Given the historic results against the Steelers, I suggest Ryan Clark and the Steelers D have absolutely no idea how to attack Tom Brady outside of the vaunted Amoeba D... which works once every three years. Now, had this been a member of the Giants team, that's a different matter all together.

The Giants, and the Ravens too.

We also need to remember that the last time these 2 teams played, our team did not win.

oh well...perhaps the Brady haters are right....OK , the undrafted Ryan Clark worked his tail off and finally made a Pro Bowl....once ...in 2011 ...a year in which he staggered the league with 71 solo tackles and an 1 INT and 1 sack...he absolutely should run his mouth everywhere he can about how flawed Tom Brady is...after all, after 8 years, he is associated with this group of similar NFL players...

Chad Cota, Mike Davis, Marlon McCree, Todd Bowles, Mike Prior, Al Matthews, Bernard Jackson, Vencie Glenn, Bill Currier, Todd Lyght

Ryan Clark NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

I wonder why Vencie Glenn didn't puke his guts out all over network TV...he'd be a FAMOUS
"superstar" just like Clark...guess Clark is a genius, too...perhaps he can criticize the work of Jonas Salk, after all, he got a C in biology once I heard.

Yes, 2013's NFL Renaissance Man...Ryan Clark

and finally, for the Steeler fan who seems to have a need to explain everything about his Steelers and defend the greatness of Ryan "who?" Clark, here's an excerpt from YOUR own Steeler website...

"While the Steelers have found success against the Patriots in recent years using a man approach, Clark was quickly reminded of Brady's success against Pittsburgh's normal zone-blitz philosophy.

"I'll be honest, the years we tried to go in there and fire zone and play Tom Brady in that way, he was able to pick us apart. In that, you're not overloading the offense - one-on-one rushes, only rushing five, so he's able to find places to go. Two years ago, we played them and dominated them because we went man-to-man and had a big corner in Cortez Allen on Gronkowski, and made it hard for Tom Brady to get the ball off, in timing, and made him have to make plays. It was hard for him."

Unfortunately, Clark fails to point out how the Steelers used the element of surprise against the Patriots in the game he mentioned. Certainly, a New England squad which had prepared all week for a typical **** LeBeau defensive gameplan, would find themselves flustered by a completely different look. It has been a long time since then, and Pittsburgh has deployed their man-up look against other opponents, leaving film to be studied.

Everyone knows how much the Patriots love analyzing film.

Brady and coach Bill Belichek have won a lot of football games, including Super Bowls, against every type of defense, even when "it was hard for him". When the Steelers play the Patriots during the 2013 regular season, Brady may not look nearly as uncomfortable; and he may now pay a little extra attention to Clark's side of the defense - like he did to Mr. Smith.

Chances are, Pittsburgh head coach Mike Tomlin did not approve of Clark's message."

Steelers Ryan Clark analyzes Tom Brady on ESPN - Behind the Steel Curtain

Now back to "Brady's Seeing Ghosts!" starring every "Patriot" fan that just can't wait to see him retire after the Pats failed to sign the greatest player in Patriot history, Wes Welker.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back