PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan Clark running his mouth again

You all are taking his comments wayyyyy tooo seriously. He was on a football show on TV and was asked a question and gave an honest answer. Would any of you have a problem if one of our players did the same? No.

To the "shoot the messenger" fanboys living in the "Pats good, world bad" corridor, read this Walker blog with some startling stats regarding our boy. Stats don't lie.
Ryan Clark's evaluation of Tom Brady has merit - ESPN

Clark's statements weren't completely off base, but he has no business or merit to speak on the Patriots situation when his own team is on a rapid downward spiral.

Maybe a little less face time on tv, and a little more time cleaning his own house would be in line.

To the "shoot the messenger" fanboys living in the "Pats good, world bad" corridor, read this Walker blog with some startling stats regarding our boy. Stats don't lie.
Ryan Clark's evaluation of Tom Brady has merit - ESPN

The bottom line is that we've owned Clark and the Steelers, and he wouldn't be saying a word had **** LeBeau not finally smartened up and realized that maybe they should try something else in the Oct.30, 2011 game.

Of course having Gary Guyton as your starting LB, and James Ihedigbo and Antwaan Molden as members of your starting secondary may have also had something to do with things, as did the horrible ref call when Gronk clearly scored with 4 minutes remaining but Belichick didn't have the right angle to see it.

Either way, I don't see any common sense in creating controversy about an opponent that you don't even play until week 9 of a season that doesn't start for another 4 months. I also don't know what ANY of this has to do with calling Danny Amendola "fragile," and overstating Welker's importance to Brady's success--which is the point of everything.

On top of that, Ryan Clark may also be too stupid to realize that his team has to travel from PIT to the west coast, back to PIT, then to Foxborough the week prior to this game...

And now the typical Spygate retort...
The Curse of Milledgeville is my pre-emptive strike to the inevitable Spygate nonsense. Squeelers' fans typically get tearfully indignant when the tables are turned on them.

The bottom line is that we've owned Clark and the Steelers, and he wouldn't be saying a word had **** LeBeau not finally smartened up and realized that maybe they should try something else in the Oct.30, 2011 game.

Of course having Gary Guyton as your starting LB, and James Ihedigbo and Antwaan Molden as members of your starting secondary may have also had something to do with things, as did the horrible ref call when Gronk clearly scored with 4 minutes remaining but Belichick didn't have the right angle to see it.

Either way, I don't see any common sense in creating controversy about an opponent that you don't even play until week 9 of a season that doesn't start for another 4 months. I also don't know what ANY of this has to do with calling Danny Amendola "fragile," and overstating Welker's importance to Brady's success--which is the point of everything.

On top of that, Ryan Clark may also be too stupid to realize that his team has to travel from PIT to the west coast, back to PIT, then to Foxborough the week prior to this game...

Don't run your mouth about another team just because you win at home once in a generation.

Why does someone run his mouth about playoffs 2010 when that "blueprint" got the architect hammered the next two years?

The reality is Clark is running his mouth with an eye for a post retirement career in broadcasting. The idiot fan base in certain city eats that up.

He'll keep it up.

At this point it's fairly obvious that the inmates truly do run the asylum in pittsburgh.
Tomlin just wants to be "one of the guys".

At this point it's fairly obvious that the inmates truly do run the asylum in pittsburgh.
Tomlin just wants to be "one of the guys".

Seriously. Guys like Clark saying useless crap like this does nothing to dispel the idea that Tomlin's run Cowher's ship into the ground. He spent a long time living off of the talent that Cowher drafted and the locker room that Cowher cultivated, but those guys are too old to get it done, the talent to replace them isn't there, and the locker room isn't what it used to be.

Although even when I think about what they used to be, I think back to James Harrison, Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, and Anthony Smith, so realistically they were probably always a bunch of d-bags, but Cowher at least kept them in line.

Seriously. Guys like Clark saying useless crap like this does nothing to dispel the idea that Tomlin's run Cowher's ship into the ground. He spent a long time living off of the talent that Cowher drafted and the locker room that Cowher cultivated, but those guys are too old to get it done, the talent to replace them isn't there, and the locker room isn't what it used to be.

Although even when I think about what they used to be, I think back to James Harrison, Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, and Anthony Smith, so realistically they were probably always a bunch of d-bags, but Cowher at least kept them in line.

Gotta disagree on that. Tomlin is a different kind of leader in his regard and has the respect of the players, office, and community. Cowher was a home town boy who over did the spittle, jaw, rah-rah gig…but obviously, the casual follower took that as "being in control."

Clark's statements weren't completely off base, but he has no business or merit to speak on the Patriots situation when his own team is on a rapid downward spiral.

Maybe a little less face time on tv, and a little more time cleaning his own house would be in line.

Exactly.

It's like a McDonald's employee going to Grill 23 and sniffing "Eh, their steaks aren't that good".

His team is in the dumpster and losing altitude.

Last edited:
Just watched Bruschi's take on the Clark comments. Mentioned what he coined "protecting the franchise" as a means to ensure the quarterback gets another chance if the play breaks down. I too have seen other quarterbacks like Manning (both of them), Brees, Rodgers, etc. do something similar to what Clark described Brady as doing. Curious as to why Clark singled Brady out...

Juxtapose this with Clark's teammate Big Ben who, like Brett Favre for example, has that gunslinger/boom-or-bust/all-or-nothing mentality. Dude has missed a lot of games recently because, according to Bruschi, he refuses to "protect the franchise" thus leading, yes, to some explosive plays but also big hits and turnovers at inopportune times.

They just showed the quote from mean Joe Green who just stepped down from his position with the steelers, and he basically called out the current players saying that's not what steeler football is all about. Citing players running their mouths outside of the locker room regarding things that should be left in the locker room, and the one upmanship attitude in pittsburgh.

It was hilarious they read the quote on espn while bruschi, and clark were sitting there.
Clark immediately adjusted his comments from earlier that he made about the fractured locker room in pitt. This guy is a complete douche, who gets himself all wrapped up and confused in his own web of lies.

And during his explanation of his asinine self he even manages to throw in another dig at Bruschi, and the Patriots saying how great pittsburgh is to play for because they allow him to be an individual and say what he wants to say...he says that with a smarmy little glance at Bruschi.

Just watched Bruschi's take on the Clark comments. Mentioned what he coined "protecting the franchise" as a means to ensure the quarterback gets another chance if the play breaks down. I too have seen other quarterbacks like Manning (both of them), Brees, Rodgers, etc. do something similar to what Clark described Brady as doing. Curious as to why Clark singled Brady out...

Juxtapose this with Clark's teammate Big Ben who, like Brett Favre for example, has that gunslinger/boom-or-bust/all-or-nothing mentality. Dude has missed a lot of games recently because, according to Bruschi, he refuses to "protect the franchise" thus leading, yes, to some explosive plays but also big hits and turnovers at inopportune times.

Agree that other QB's do this...and agree that there's nothing wrong with it as Bruschi says. But, Bruschi missed Clark's point in that Clark was saying...this is how you STOP Brady. I would've liked to see him elaborate on that a little bit more in regards to Brady versus those other QB's (like Manning specifically).

I would've liked to see him elaborate on that a little bit more in regards to Brady versus those other QB's (like Manning specifically).

I would've liked to hear some elaboration on this point too, along with Clark's explanation as to why they apparantley have the blueprint, yet have been able to beat him only twice in 12-13 yrs.

Agree that other QB's do this...and agree that there's nothing wrong with it as Bruschi says. But, Bruschi missed Clark's point in that Clark was saying...this is how you STOP Brady. I would've liked to see him elaborate on that a little bit more in regards to Brady versus those other QB's (like Manning specifically).

Does not matter, as the Steelers' stunk, last year. We beat their behinds many times....

...not including the last time we played them.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back