PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison: Manning better than Brady

Manning is a first ballot HOF QB.

However he isn't even close to Brady who is now the Greatest QB of the modern era (post 1955). An argument can be made for Montana, but that is it.

Brady has a winning % that is head and shoulders above Manning.

Brady 140-39, 78% winning %
Manning 158-70. 69% winning %

The only other QB with > 100 wins and a > 70% winn % is Joe Montana (71% winning %)

Then of course there are the palyoff games where we learned about the Manning face.

Brady 17-7 70%
Manning 9-11 45%

Wanna talk about Montana Brady fine Manning ain't in the conversation.

Those are great points but you can also throw in the comparison of how they’ve played in weather as opposed to a dome, TFB wins in both cases.

You can point out how they’ve done against the same teams, and TFB wins! Manning has been able to pad his stats by having nice schedules against teams with weak pass defenses, I think this is why he’s had issues in the playoffs, going against weak teams doesn’t prepare you for the tough teams you will face in the post-season.

Finally, look at the number of games Manning has had with his best receivers and what TFB has had to work with, Manning has had MUCH more time to develop chemistry with his guys than Brady.

Long story short, Brady has done much more with much less.

I wish this were true, but this is my usual argument and it has shut exactly 0 people up. They usually say something wildly unrelated like, "Well why did Goodell destroy the tapes then?" Like that has anything to do with it...

Goodell destroyed the tapes to make sure there were no more out there, and therefore there would be severe consequences if Bill somehow got another one. It was nothing more than that. And it's not like the tapes had anything more than what we already know.

Only the uninformed and ignorant still believe the Rams SB walkthrough story and the lie that the Patriots tape practices. So let them relish in their ignorance. All intelligent fans know better.

(Personally I am glad there is no SB Rams walkthrough tape. I think that would be a very tough pill to swallow....)

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back