PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison: Manning better than Brady

No he doesn't. Rodney deserves to be in the Patriots hall of fame. Rodney calls it like he see it. He's great on TV. He tries to be unbiased, but if you watch football night in america every week, you can see he still loves this organization.

I agree with everything you wrote.

....and he is a HYPOCRITE.

You would know that if you watched him after every Patriots win when he was here. ESPECIALLY if someone in the media had said on national tv that one of his teammates "should take off the dress and put on some pants".

Hypocrite. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
yep Roidney, your one single play that will not be named is in the highlight reels and commercials even after 6+ years, it will live in infamy for ever. nobody cares about your opinion here :rolleyes:

yep Roidney, your one single play that will not be named is in the highlight reels and commercials even after 6+ years, it will live in infamy for ever. nobody cares about your opinion here :rolleyes:

Awesome point, Parthasas. Quality post.

Do you Shaughnessy?

Last edited:
Awkward watching him constantly refer to Dungheap as coach "Hey coach! but coach! yes coach!"

Reminds me of that cartoon where the little dog is jumping up and down trying to get the attention of the big dog yelling "Hey Butch! whatta ya think Butch! Huh Butch!, sure Butch!"

David Tyree > Rodney Harrison?

One moment, when legendary status in the pantheon of all sports was within the grasp of Harrison and his teammates.

One play to make, to seal the Deal or smash it.

One player made the play he had to make; the other did not.

Shut up, Rodney! Some of us will never forget. Statements like that just make us want to remind you, even though we respect all you did for the team.

There's nothing to take seriously here. Rodney has to act like a hardass towards the Patriots because it looks good and show's he's being "objective". He said what he said probably for his reputation more than anything else, I doubt real analysis was part of the motivation.

There's a more real way of being objective. Look how Belichick's coaching friends now in the media defended him after Spygate. Guys like Jimmy Johnson or Parcells admitted he was wrong to keep filming after the league warning, but also went out of their way to point out how overblown the story was, and pointed out myriad examples of similar behavior from other teams (or even their own squads). Rodney could have just stated things that Peyton might legitimately be the best of all time at (pure-passing, in-game processing, etc), instead of giving into this sophomoric debate about Brady vs Manning.

Everyone is so quick to forget their opinions with this kinda crap. This time last year the word was Manning would never fully recover from his decapitation. Now he's the best athlete in history. As recently as last year Brady was still marveled at; now he's clearly showing his age and can't get his offense together. It's so stupid.

Maybe someone should ask Rodney who he would want to be the QB for his team in the superbowl. The Peyton Manning who threw a pick six late in the 4th of the superbowl against the Saints, all but ending the game and the QB who had a stat line of 3 tds, 7 ints and a 70 rating in his only Superbowl championship run. Or the Tom Brady who has 4 4th qtr comebacks (from a tie or deficit) in a Superbowl, has an 11 to 3 td to int ratio in Superbowl victories and the guy who orchestrated 18 4th qtr points against the Panthers in SB 38 which help overcome the two leads and 19 points the Pats defense gave up in the 4th qtr of that game (in which Harrison was a member of the defense)

David Tyree > Rodney Harrison?

One moment, when legendary status in the pantheon of all sports was within the grasp of Harrison and his teammates.

One play to make, to seal the Deal or smash it.

One player made the play he had to make; the other did not.

Shut up, Rodney! Some of us will never forget. Statements like that just make us want to remind you, even though we respect all you did for the team.

Wow; Rodney was in perfect position for that play; just a fluke happened. There were about 5 flukes in that one drive. And you're blaming Rodney for the loss?

Rodney was a playoff beast in NE. In the 04 playoffs, he had a sack, a forced fumble, and 4 interceptions -- including the superbowl game ending INT.
Rodney Harrison Stats - ESPN

But he may think Manning is better than Brady; and now he's a bum

Please, folks, it's a dumbing down to diminish the great stuff that Rodney Harrison did as a Pats player. He was GREAT. None of this takes away from that.

Harrison was a great safety for the Patriots (although Milloy was better ;) ).

What some, however are forgetting is how PARANOID against media dissing this guy was during his tenure in Foxboro.

Anyone who does not see the irony of his current situation simply doesn't know.

For those of you who are new fans, or who forgot what Rodney Harrison was all about here's a good representation:

Rodney Harrison Pretty Sure Paperboy Just Disrespected Him

So now, you might understand why folks are saying "If you can't take, don't dish it, HYPOPCRITE!"

RH, your two rings are because of Tom Brady.

Last edited:
Manning is a first ballot HOF QB.

However he isn't even close to Brady who is now the Greatest QB of the modern era (post 1955). An argument can be made for Montana, but that is it.

Brady has a winning % that is head and shoulders above Manning.

Brady 140-39, 78% winning %
Manning 158-70. 69% winning %

The only other QB with > 100 wins and a > 70% winn % is Joe Montana (71% winning %)

Then of course there are the palyoff games where we learned about the Manning face.

Brady 17-7 70%
Manning 9-11 45%

Wanna talk about Montana Brady fine Manning ain't in the conversation.

Last edited:
Brady is Top 5, Manning is Top 10

But "right now" Manning is better than Brady. He's on fire and even an incompletion is rare.

If he, and his fellow offensive players, can sustain what they have it will go down as one of the most potent offenses in history - and if they cap it off with his second Super Bowl, the debate changes.

But that's a BIG "if" - especially when the weather in Denver takes a turn for the worse. And there are not too many Super Bowls won in September either.

But I'll give credit where credit is due - thus far it's an incredible turn around from injury and it's tough to believe in hindsight there were those second guessing Denver not going with Tebow. But he's got a long way to go.

Manning is a first ballot HOF QB.

However he isn't even close to Brady who is now the Greatest QB of the modern era (post 1955). An argument can be made for Montana, but that is it.

Brady has a winning % that is head and shoulders above Manning.

Brady 140-39, 78% winning %
Manning 158-70. 69% winning %

The only other QB with > 100 wins and a > 70% winn % is Joe Montana (71% winning %)

Then of course there are the palyoff games where we learned about the Manning face.

Brady 17-7 70%
Manning 9-11 45%

Wanna talk about Montana Brady fine Manning ain't in the conversation.

How do you counter those close minded idiots and Manning worshipped that say that Brady always had the better defense? I always mention that Peyton has always had a more then capable defense to win Superbowls yet the year that he did the defense was the one who carried the Colts in 06.

How do you counter those close minded idiots and Manning worshipped that say that Brady always had the better defense? I always mention that Peyton has always had a more then capable defense to win Superbowls yet the year that he did the defense was the one who carried the Colts in 06.

Brady's done better with teams that had "no defense" than Manning did with teams that had "no defense".

Reminds me of listening this morning in the car to Adam Schein's radio show. Some guy called up and emphatically stated that Peyton Manning is better than Brady because Brady hasn't won a SB since Spygate. Schein agreed and said that was game set and match in the argument - - that since Spygate, Brady has never won a SB.

I practically drove off the road - - -tell me what SB Peyton Manning has won since Spygate????????

Reminds me of listening this morning in the car to Adam Schein's radio show. Some guy called up and emphatically stated that Peyton Manning is better than Brady because Brady hasn't won a SB since Spygate. Schein agreed and said that was game set and match in the argument - - that since Spygate, Brady has never won a SB.

I practically drove off the road - - -tell me what SB Peyton Manning has won since Spygate????????

"BUT BUT MANNING DIDN'T CHEAT TO WIN HIS ONE SB. SO HE HAS ONE LEGIT VICTORY OVER BRADY'S THREE DIRTY WINS"

-every ******* Manning fanboy I've ever met.

The sound system in the colts Stadium disagrees with your post...

"BUT BUT MANNING DIDN'T CHEAT TO WIN HIS ONE SB. SO HE HAS ONE LEGIT VICTORY OVER BRADY'S THREE DIRTY WINS"

How was he Panthers win dirty?

Patriots didn't have gametape on the Panthers.

If anything, the Panthers' D was the most fearsome of the 3 the Patriots faced, and they had the most yards and points against it.

Right there, that shuts them up.

A very easy and effective way to counter the spygate argument is to bring up the fact the Patriots broke no rules when they were winning Super Bowls. Taping was never illegal and taping from the sidelines wasn't illegal until 2006 after the Pats won all their rings.

Pretty hard to "cheat" when you're not breaking any rules.

I find most Pats haters out there are complete morons (just read any Patriots-related topic on PFT and you'll see what I mean) but this usually shuts down the chest pounding about this topic.

A very easy and effective way to counter the spygate argument is to bring up the fact the Patriots broke no rules when they were winning Super Bowls. Taping was never illegal and taping from the sidelines wasn't illegal until 2006 after the Pats won all their rings.

Pretty hard to "cheat" when you're not breaking any rules.

I find most Pats haters out there are complete morons (just read any Patriots-related topic on PFT and you'll see what I mean) but this usually shuts down the chest pounding about this topic.

I wish this were true, but this is my usual argument and it has shut exactly 0 people up. They usually say something wildly unrelated like, "Well why did Goodell destroy the tapes then?" Like that has anything to do with it...

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back