PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison comments on Patrick Chung

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a skeptic, as to how many times have we had upgrdes come in for more money just to watch them flounder.. Rodney was the exception, if we can find another #37 I am all in..

As has been mentioned before, Ed Reed more than likely will not get another offer from Baltimore.

I agree you need safeties who can cover in this league. Especially with our front seven being so good against the run. It would be nice for the safeties to be able help more in pass coverage. Maybe McCourty is the answer?

I'm still going to give Chung the benefit of the doubt. He's been hurt the past 3 years and hasn't really gotten into a groove. Besides that I haven't had the same signature for the past 4 years for nothing!

It was tried three days ago.

And Mark Sanchez had the game of his life.

Can you imagine the game Sanchez would have had with McCourty at CB?

I believe the Pats will let Chung shop himself around the league after this off season to set his value with the Pats matching it or saying goodbye.

I see no reason as of today to offer Chung another contract before that.

Rodney is really turning into one of the better analysts out there. Chung sucks in coverage and can't stay on the field. Time to move on. I will be really surprised if he's on the team next year.

Gresch and Breer were just talking about past players that haven't been adequately replaced. Both agreed that there were two of them:

Seymour
Samuel

I think they missed one: Harrison

If you want to see why the Patriots can't get it done defensively, I think that pretty much says it all. How many of us would take even the 2008 Harrison over any safety the Patriots currently have?

Gresch and Breer were just talking about past players that haven't been adequately replaced. Both agreed that there were two of them:

Seymour
Samuel

I think they missed one: Harrison

If you want to see why the Patriots can't get it done defensively, I think that pretty much says it all. How many of us would take even the 2008 Harrison over any safety the Patriots currently have?

I would honestly have to think long and hard over whether or not I would take Rodney RIGHT NOW over what we currently have. The 2008 Rodney would have no doubt in my mind.

Can you imagine the game Sanchez would have had with McCourty at CB?

you never know, Sanchez isn't very accurate, he might have had a career game.......

OK Don't kill me for this, but we haven't had a decent secondary since Ratboy Mangini left.
Do you think BB would ever consider bringing him back since he has proven that he can coach up the secondary players?

OK Don't kill me for this, but we haven't had a decent secondary since Ratboy Mangini left.
Do you think BB would ever consider bringing him back since he has proven that he can coach up the secondary players?

I think there's a better chance that BB calls me to coach the DBs.

We haven't had a decent secondary since 2008.

I would rather watch the Patriots go 0-16 every year for the next decade then bring Fredo back. This is the guy who gave every Pats hating fan and media member the Spygate ammo to talk about * and cheating, even though it had nothing to do with the Pats winning those Super Bowls. Belichick and Kraft would probably rather get set on fire then bring Fredo back into the family.

If the unimaginable happened and Fredo was brought back, i'd personally leave a bag of tomato's out in the sun to rot, fly to Boston, happily buy me a ticket to a game, throw every last rotten tomato at Fredos head, all the time knowing that I wouldn't be sent to jail as the cops would be congatulating me on my fine aim, not arresting me.

What was wrong with the secondary that you think it wasn't decent in 2006 and 2007?

If they threw a 2nd round tender on him I wonder if some team would bite.
Patrick Chung will be an unrestricted free agent in calendar year 2013 not a restricted free agent.

Potential unrestricted free agent safeties in calendar year 2013 (barring the dreaded franchise tag):

Dashon Goldson - 49ers
Kenny Phillips - Giants
Jairus Byrd - Bills
Glover Quin - Texans

Potential unrestricted free agent safeties in calendar year 2013 (barring the dreaded franchise tag):

Dashon Goldson - 49ers
Kenny Phillips - Giants
Jairus Byrd - Bills
Glover Quin - Texans

I'd consider Byrd or Phillips to be the most likely options. Goldson will cost a fortune and Quinn will most likely command a decent salary since he's coming from the Texans' defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News