PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rivers practices

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know he's hurt—but if there is a chance he could start anyway, why would he take all the snaps?

it certainly doesn't hurt to test the waters to see where he stands. i just wonder if he would be a liability to the team if he did play. the coach needs to make the call and do what's best for Rivers' health. Norv Turner is in a tough situation because he is responsible for whatever happens to Rivers. he'll sure feel responsible if anything happens to the kid

Last edited:
Rivers has said the two bad knees might affect his 40 time. So much for those breakaway runs.

You know, I saw Sanvara listed in a post this week as one of the good Charger fan posters here. But it seems like all he does is talk mindless trash?

Sanvara is a troll.

I think it's the other way around. Make it look like he's out, then start him.

I don't think Norv understands the designations on the injury report. If he really means to run Gates and Rivers out there on Sunday morning and see if they can go, they should be listed as "Questionable"...essentially meaning they have no idea and have to wait to get a solid read on the situation.

"Doubtful" means that they shouldn't be able to play unless something unforeseen happens. This would mean they have no intention of playing either Gates or Rivers unless some surprising healing happens between now and gametime.

I have no reason to think that "Doubtful" isn't an accurate assessment for Gates and Rivers. That being said, team officials shouldn't be talking like there is a reasonable chance of them playing.

Also, taking LdT off the injury report completely, instead of listing him as "Probable", is just silly. He was so injured on Sunday he couldn't take the field in a do-or-die game...yet he is completely healed with no ill effects by Friday?

Say what you want about Belichick, but when is the last time he listed someone as "Doubtful" and they actually played? I'm sure it has happened, but I can't remember when...

Sanvara is a troll.

Your definition of a troll is someone who disagrees with you and doesn't ignore stupid opinions that follow the party line.

Last edited:
who cares? It doesnt matter if he does or doesnt play, the chargers ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THIS GAME!!!

Based on what? The Chargers have a very good team, even without Rivers playing.

Based on the fact it will be 15F at gametime, and that Chargers have never played in this toasty weather.

Based on the fact they traveled to Indy last week, turned around back to SD, and will travel cross country again (they'll be gassed mentally and physically)

Based on the fact we have Tom Brady, the greatest clutch QB(playoffs included) in the history of the game, period.

I say that's a Trifecta........

Based on the fact it will be 15F at gametime, and that Chargers have never played in this toasty weather.

Based on the fact they traveled to Indy last week, turned around back to SD, and will travel cross country again (they'll be gassed mentally and physically)

Based on the fact we have Tom Brady, the greatest clutch QB(playoffs included) in the history of the game, period.

I'm not an orthopedist or physical therapist and maybe someone here who is one can answer this, but what effect would six hours on a transcontinental flight in a pressurized cabin have on a torn ACL when that person then has to go play in 15 degree weather??? I'm thinking it can't be good.....

Say what you want about Belichick, but when is the last time he listed someone as "Doubtful" and they actually played? I'm sure it has happened, but I can't remember when...

Who cares what Belicheck does. Norv does things his way. Belicheck lists his starting QB on the injury report every week. Norv doesn't.

Well, I guess I hope for your sake you get the win then. The disappointment in losing the game would certainly be overwhelming and devastating to Pats fans. I would imagine the reaction would be incredible anger mixed with inconsolable despair to lose a perfect season in the playoffs in a game where the Pats are so heavily favored.

Last edited:
Well, I guess I hope for your sake you get the win then. The disappointment in losing the game would certainly be overwhelming and devastating to Pats fans. I would imagine the reaction would be incredible anger mixed with inconsolable despair to lose a perfect season in the playoffs in a game where the Pats are so heavily favored.

----------------

I read someone's post that when the Chargers win on Sunday New England will experience a sharp rise in domestic abuse incidents and a marked increase in alcohol sales.

When the Chargers represent the AFC in the SB Sunday evening then there's no need to rub it in with the fans on this board.

We're classy ;)

No doubt it would be disappointing but we're coming off a world series championship run with the Red Sox and will transition into a championship run for the Celtics. How's your basketball team looking this year?

----------------

I read someone's post that when the Chargers win on Sunday New England will experience a sharp rise in domestic abuse incidents and a marked increase in alcohol sales.

When the Chargers represent the AFC in the SB Sunday evening then there's no need to rub it in with the fans on this board.

We're classy ;)

And remember, the best way to make people think how classy you are is to tell them how classy you are. Works every time - just ask LdT.

Based on the fact that the chargers have a good team, the pats have a great team. plus you know 38-14...against the SAME chargers team already this year.

Ah, see, you just don't get it, do you?

Brees was better than Rivers. Fact, Jack. And so is Volek.

I'm sorry bro. But this comment means you know very little about football, and even less about the Chargers. You can stick up for your team without being ******ed.

Rivers will not be effective unless he can sit back & throw with no pressure. That will not happen. If I were a Charger fan, I'd definately believe in my team especially after last week. But you don't have that team anymore.

So here is a prediction for you:

Rivers will be ineffective and replaced by whats-his-name...they'll go more to LT from then on....game, set, match.

The Colts have a great offense, but not as good as ours. Pats score 31+ pts.. The Chargers decimated offense will not put up more than 21 pts. on us

Enjoy the game & may both teams be healthy...oops!;)

Last edited:
haven't you heard yet? The NFL is already preparing the Patriot undefeated tapes to rerun on NFL Network all year. It's going to be an unbelievable profit for them for years to come. The Patriots are better, proven, healthier, and better coached.

But that's why they play the game. See you on Sunday! :rocker:

haven't you heard yet? The NFL is already preparing the Patriot undefeated tapes to rerun on NFL Network all year. It's going to be an unbelievable profit for them for years to come. The Patriots are better, proven, healthier, and better coached.

But that's why they play the game. See you on Sunday! :rocker:

And thank God they do! Otherwise, we wouldn't have much to smack about, right?;) I actually agree with your comments and playing the position of underdog is actually pretty cool from a fan's perspective.

Getcha hot cocoa ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft