PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rivers practices

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Pats return to being the dregs of the league as they will one day we will all laugh at how bad they are. Success doesn't last forever. Be prepared.

We'll be prepared in about a decade. Considering the fact that following this weekend's trouncing of the Chargers you won't be around, I'm thinking a decade from now I won't be concerned with your B.S. trash-talk.

You guys lose this weekend. BIG.

It would be cool if a thread about Rivers practicing was actually about Rivers practicing. You know, just throwing that out there, sorry to interrupt the fascinating discussion.

"Practicing" on a Friday means little or nothing, given that these are light practice days (especially with a long plane flight coming up), if not a simple walk-through only. Very different than having Vrabel and Warren/Vince chasing after you. Even if he starts, there is no way he plays very long IMO. San Diego is just likely trying to keep the Pats guessing (although preparing for Volek and Rivers can't be much different).

Last edited:
Winning and losing happens in cycles. The down cycle will come and everyone will laugh at how bad the Pats are when it happens whether it's in 2, 5 or 10 years.
Well, if that happens we will know how Charger fans have felt since the time you won your last superbowl, which was back in ... umm ... in .... err ... ....

NEVER!!!!!!!

Wow! You've sucked for a looooooong time.

I thought you said winning and losing happens in cycles? You guys have sucked since 1960. 47 years and counting - that's a long cycle.

Last edited:
When the Pats return to being the dregs of the league as they will one day we will all laugh at how bad they are. Success doesn't last forever. Be prepared.

And when that happens, we'll still have the 3 guaranteed Lombardi trophies to fall back on.. and possible more if they keep playing like this for the next several years.

See, not to sound like a ****, but many of those teams including the chargers right now, may be laughing at how bad NE is, but as a franchise has accomplished more... So who's really going to be laughing then?

My first thread-turned-flame-war! Awwwww.

You know, I saw Sanvara listed in a post this week as one of the good Charger fan posters here. But it seems like all he does is talk mindless trash?

You know, I saw Sanvara listed in a post this week as one of the good Charger fan posters here. But it seems like all he does is talk mindless trash?

Maybe his body was taken over? Or he's changed his position? lol

Guys, would you rather I hadn't started this thread? I was under the impression you were curious about the injury situation.

Guys, would you rather I hadn't started this thread? I was under the impression you were curious about the injury situation.

Just try and ignore the idiots.

Anyway I think the assumption is that the Chargers are just trying to make it look like Rivers will play. Mostly though it looks like it'll be Volek.

this sanvara guy is really SEN-SI-TIVE... go chargers... feel better now...

I thought you said winning and losing happens in cycles? You guys have sucked since 1960. 47 years and counting - that's a long cycle.

Not as long as the 86 year drought of another Boston team. ;)

Just try and ignore the idiots.

Anyway I think the assumption is that the Chargers are just trying to make it look like Rivers will play. Mostly though it looks like it'll be Volek.

I think it's the other way around. Make it look like he's out, then start him.

Winning and losing happens in cycles. The down cycle will come and everyone will laugh at how bad the Pats are when it happens whether it's in 2, 5 or 10 years.

right you are about the cycles. but note the same for the Chargers. Tomlinson, as good as he is, is going to enter his eighth season next year. He has about three very good years ahead of him and then we will witness the dropoff we see in every runningback as his athleticism wanes. that window is there for the Chargers. every year from now until then that they don't win a superbowl is another year squandered. The Pats are making the most of things with their hall of fame talent. will the Chargers do the same??

I think it's the other way around. Make it look like he's out, then start him.

But Rivers didn't miss practice time this week as a ruse. That doesn't make much sense, because if he could practice, he would.

But Rivers didn't miss practice time this week as a ruse. That doesn't make much sense, because if he could practice, he would.

We know he's hurt—but if there is a chance he could start anyway, why would he take all the snaps?

There are no ruses here. Rivers is taking snaps because they want him to play if he can and he needs to take some snaps to be prepared to play. It will be a game-day decision.

Tomlinson, as good as he is, is going to enter his eighth season next year. He has about three very good years ahead of him and then we will witness the dropoff we see in every runningback as his athleticism wanes.
Three could be generous. Tomlinson has about the same number of touches in his career as Dillon. He could well last a good bit longer as he's not the same kind of contact runner but it's tough to say.

As a best case - Curtis Martin had about 4,000 career touches - Tomlinson has 2,800 with about 400 a year; that would give him 4,000 in your 3 year scenario but Matin was usually durable. At a pro bowl level, Tomlinson will be doing very well to last two more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back