PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rivers defends talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Denver games...

"Bite me! Hey, Bite me!!!"

Class comments from classy Phillip Rivers on this year's game (a Monday night-er) at Denver, presumably aimed at Jay Cutler...

This guy is a turd, and I don't doubt for a minute if he finds himself on the wrong end of a pasting this Sunday we'll see a similar outburst.

I'm pretty sure there are far worse things said on a football field than "Bite Me!". C'mon man.

I'm pretty sure there are far worse things said on a football field than "Bite Me!". C'mon man.
He is not saying bite me. He is saying " At a baby" and padding his LB's in the back. Look at it on youtube. Its funny to me how most people are lemings when it comes to stuff like this. Rivers has always played like this and will never change. His first start in the NFL was on Monday night football in tha black hole and he got into it with Sapp. He got into it with a lineman. He also did it alot during the season last year with fans and players. But now its news because its the ACFCG and ratings need to go up now that its not PATS vs COLTS. I have seen an article written about this in almost every sports web site I have been to. All this talk about respect and class and words like that, give me a break these guys are athletes and nothing more. I worry about that with my friends and family not a person we watch on TV. The media is the media and take it for what it is. I like the way he plays the game and yes I was there when the told the crowd to shut up. WHO CARES!!! why would you boo your team after going 3 and out in the 1st qrt. Dont beleive the hype!!!

Last edited:
why i hate Rivers trash talking:

HE IS NOT GOOD. HE HAS NO RIGHT TO TALK TO BETTER PLAYERS IN BAD WAYS...and trash talking to fans..thats just stupid

and second..the way Brady does it is better. He goes to the face of the other player..doesnt make a big deal out of it while Rivers shouts, smiles and then throws a pick

Thye made some good points on Mike and Mike this morning about him. He may very well be a very nice man, a great husband and great father but nobody sees that. In the time that the rest of the country sees him, he is none of these things. He's a whiner and an ass. They all said it makes him incredibly hard to root for. And they're right. I root for a lot of players in this league that aren't Patriots.

The really funny part? The nation HATES us. Nobody wants us to win. Everybody was a Jag fan last week. This week? Everybody's a Pats fan. This team of "classy superstars" has actually made people root for what they've rooted agauinst all season! Why? Because their "competetive QB" acts worse than my teenagers - much worse.

that is the media talking right there, that is what they want you to believe and that is what they are all saying.

maybe the media all hates us now, i have no doubts about that. we made them lose money, we denied them their manning vs brady rematch in the afccg.

yeah the media is trying as hard as they possibly can to make this out to be way worse than it is. is rivers the first QB to act this way? are the chargers players the first to act this way? hell no.

just wait and see how pissed the media will be if we deny them a SB that features tom brady and the undefeated patriots.

that is the media and everyone involved worst nightmare, its bad enough that the chargers made them lose money on the afccg by denying the colts, god only knows what they will say if we deny them "gods team". :rolleyes:

that is the media talking right there, that is what they want you to believe and that is what they are all saying.

maybe the media all hates us now, i have no doubts about that. we made them lose money, we denied them their manning vs brady rematch in the afccg.

yeah the media is trying as hard as they possibly can to make this out to be way worse than it is. is rivers the first QB to act this way? are the chargers players the first to act this way? hell no.

just wait and see how pissed the media will be if we deny them a SB that features tom brady and the undefeated patriots.

that is the media and everyone involved worst nightmare, its bad enough that the chargers made them lose money on the afccg by denying the colts, god only knows what they will say if we deny them "gods team". :rolleyes:

Rivers is the guy from high school that runs his mouth then hides behind his friends. He's a loser.

why i hate Rivers trash talking:

HE IS NOT GOOD. HE HAS NO RIGHT TO TALK TO BETTER PLAYERS IN BAD WAYS...and trash talking to fans..thats just stupid

and second..the way Brady does it is better. He goes to the face of the other player..doesnt make a big deal out of it while Rivers shouts, smiles and then throws a pick

so being classless is okay if you have rings? you are only good if you have rings? wow that is pretty solid logic there, not biased at all! :rolleyes:

i don't expect you to know this but rivers talks trash to the face of the player as well. the crap you see on espn is not the only time he has trash talked, he does it nearly every game.

if you really think rivers isn't any good you are either blindly in denial or need to watch more chargers football before opening your mouth.

hes no brady but he is definitely a good QB

Rivers is the guy from high school that runs his mouth then hides behind his friends. He's a loser.

total BS, you obviously have no clue what your talking about. rivers gets in guys faces all the time. learn about it before you open your mouth and make a fool out of yourself.

Long before the media mentioned a word about Rivers, he was a trash-talking whiney punk. Try and blame the media all you want. He was that way when we met them in San Diego for the playoff game last year. Rivers is a creep.

total BS, you obviously have no clue what your talking about. rivers gets in guys faces all the time. learn about it before you open your mouth and make a fool out of yourself.

Oh please. The guy's a pansy.

Last edited:
LOL its funny.U know that clip on ESPN they keep showing of rivers going into the locker roo after his injury and fans are calling him all kind of names i mean saying sick things.If u watched the gm last sunday u could actually hear him.This is wat that bad man rivers said the so called best thrash talker in the NFL now "Thank U i appreciate it"Ohh yah phillp is sure worse then other thrash talkers in the NFL.he doesn't even curse.Give me a break.

so being classless is okay if you have rings? you are only good if you have rings? wow that is pretty solid logic there, not biased at all! :rolleyes:

i don't expect you to know this but rivers talks trash to the face of the player as well. the crap you see on espn is not the only time he has trash talked, he does it nearly every game.

if you really think rivers isn't any good you are either blindly in denial or need to watch more chargers football before opening your mouth.

hes no brady but he is definitely a good QB

shouting across the field to another QB is not in their face. He talks from sideline 75% of the time. Brady throws a TD..finds the player and says what he has to say. Rivers not having a ring has little to do with it. Hes a 4th year player..a 2nd year starter..and has done nothign in NFL to make him a worthy trash talker. If it was LT..i could understand but a guy like Rivers..what does he possibly have to say. "Hahaha! i have more completions than you CUTLER!"

LOL its funny.U know that clip on ESPN they keep showing of rivers going into the locker roo after his injury and fans are calling him all kind of names i mean saying sick things.If u watched the gm last sunday u could actually hear him.This is wat that bad man rivers said the so called best thrash talker in the NFL now "Thank U i appreciate it"Ohh yah phillp is sure worse then other thrash talkers in the NFL.he doesn't even curse.Give me a break.

You don't have to curse to be a douchebag.

if a guy like Champ Bailey (good man..good person) disapproves what Rivers has to say..its safe to say that he shouldnt be saying anything at all. Many players around league dont approve of it.

It's not even a case of other players approving or disapproving of it... It's the fact that the guy is a loser.. He's a weasel. You can tell by his facial expressions alone.

I'd really like to know where LdT is with all of this. I mean he was beside himself because the Patriots dared mock a dance that is done to...you know, rub in the fact that the opposing team's QB got sacked. So I figure jawing with fans and insulting other players would at least be worthy of another seminar on how to be Classy by Mr. Class himself.

if a guy like Champ Bailey (good man..good person) disapproves what Rivers has to say..its safe to say that he shouldnt be saying anything at all. Many players around league dont approve of it.

LMAO champ good man.Who told u that.Ohh wait the media.What an surprise.Lets seee champ has talk thrashed before i now that has a Fact.Just because it not on ESPN doesn't mean it doesn't happen.Ohh yeah rivers is such a bad man which supports his family and never gets in trouble.90% of the NFL thrash talks.Marvin harrison has thrashed talk before.Get over it.

I'd really like to know where LdT is with all of this. I mean he was beside himself because the Patriots dared mock a dance that is done to...you know, rub in the fact that the opposing team's QB got sacked. So I figure jawing with fans and insulting other players would at least be worthy of another seminar on how to be Classy by Mr. Class himself.

Lt said on monday he will not talk to rivers about it, but he doesn't like how he goes about playing the gm.Also in the colts gm LT asked rivers uf he was out and rivers noded then LT got fustrated and walked away.He wasn't jawing at rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News