PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rivers defends talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO champ good man.Who told u that.Ohh wait the media.What an surprise.Lets seee champ has talk thrashed before i now that has a Fact.Just because it not on ESPN doesn't mean it doesn't happen.Ohh yeah rivers is such a bad man which supports his family and never gets in trouble.90% of the NFL thrash talks.Marvin harrison has thrashed talk before.Get over it.

How in the name of Christ do you know anymore about who trash talks and who doesn't than anyone else here?

Go home you self-important moron.

thats for the great insight, care to elaborate just a bit? jr high insults doesnt do a whole lot for your argument. :D

It's getting you to respond, isn't it?

The guy is a PANSY. Which says a lot about you... Birds of a feather and all that.

How in the name of Christ do you know anymore about who trash talks and who doesn't than anyone else here?

Go home you self-important moron.

U know those late hits and pushing after plays??U think they just do that for no reason??Watch inside the NFL.The all talk thrash.Get over it.The media just wants to hype up rivers because they playing this week.They didn't hype it up any other week.Just like in 05(i think) when the chargers snapped the pats 21 winning streak and brady had a BF.

U know those late hits and pushing after plays??U think they just do that for no reason??Watch inside the NFL.The all talk thrash.Get over it.The media just wants to hype up rivers because they playing this week.They didn't hype it up any other week.Just like in 05(i think) when the chargers snapped the pats 21 winning streak and brady had a BF.

I could care less if Rivers talks trash. I would talk trash too if I were an NFL player. I would do it to get inside my opponents' heads...

What I'm saying is that Rivers is a pansy.

shouting across the field to another QB is not in their face. He talks from sideline 75% of the time. Brady throws a TD..finds the player and says what he has to say. Rivers not having a ring has little to do with it. Hes a 4th year player..a 2nd year starter..and has done nothign in NFL to make him a worthy trash talker. If it was LT..i could understand but a guy like Rivers..what does he possibly have to say. "Hahaha! i have more completions than you CUTLER!"

again, rivers gets in guys faces all the time. i dont expect you guys to know this because you obviously don't follow the chargers like i do, being a fan.

rivers is known for getting in guys faces and trash talking throughout the league. rivers' first game as a starter, he got in warren sapp's grill.

but i don't get it, why is it okay for a player to talk trash if he has rings but if he doesnt he is hated for it?

i know you guys are biased and that is just you making it acceptable when tom brady talks trash, but rivers isn't the only guy that does it.

rivers isn't the only QB in history that talks trash without having a ring. and for the record, cutler was talking trash to two of our defensive players as they were walking off the field, with their backs to them....after getting his ass kicked all day.

that is okay right? that is okay for a gutless QB to run his mouth to a player when he has his back to him and is walking off the field, but its not okay when rivers sticks up for them?

i don't condone the trash talking but this is getting ridiculous. to even act as if the patriots are this classy organization and pretend rivers is this terrible person/player is asinine.

you guys as well as the media are just blowing this way out of proportion, talking trash during the game is a lot more exeptable (in my opinion) than compromising the integrity of the NFL and cheating the system, yet rivers is the bad guy?? right. :rolleyes:

wtf is 'thrash talking'??

It's getting you to respond, isn't it?

The guy is a PANSY. Which says a lot about you... Birds of a feather and all that.

uh huh, so you want to turn this into an personal insult war eh? you are not very smart are you? unable to say anything but "rivers is a Pansy" how are you even able to form a sentence, that is what i want to know.

wtf is 'thrash talking'??

25265.jpg

how are you even able to form a sentence, that is what i want to know.

Punctuation and capital letters that follow are my preferred method.

Last edited:
uh huh, so you want to turn this into an personal insult war eh? you are not very smart are you? unable to say anything but "rivers is a Pansy" how are you even able to form a sentence, that is what i want to know.

So me saying Phillip Rivers is a pansy bothers you?

rivers is like a 9 yr old talking smack to 8 yr olds.
when he does it to his daddy, though, it's a little obnoxious.

This is not gulf. You have to go out there and show some emotion. He hasn't spit in anyones face or called anyone any names or insulted anyone, just showed emotion. He did the same thing last year when he did the Hulk Hogan thing with the hand to the ear thing to the Denver crowd and when he was laughing at that doushe bag Warren Sapp and Sapp threw a temper tantrum. It's only because of LT's "classy" comments is because ESPN is looking to call the Chargers hypocrits. Also, Rivers always has a camera on him and Dierdork is the FIRST to point out his classlessness. I hate that guy
IF you want to taunt the fans with mouth join the Vince McMahon and the WWE. If you want to QB your team to a championship pay attention to game. You charger fans keep saying he can talk like that if he can play like that. Like what BTW passing the ball 5 yards and watching Sproales explode to the outside for 56 yd TD or if standing on the sidelines watching another QB guide his team to victory:confused: You can minalmize it all you want but your QB has to grow up!

So me saying Phillip Rivers is a pansy bothers you?

no dumb one liner posts bothers me. if this wasn't a patriots message board i would have assumed you are just trying to troll.

if you want to have a discussing let me know, until then please carry on with your one liner insults.

IF you want to taunt the fans with mouth join the Vince McMahon and the WWE. If you want to QB your team to a championship pay attention to game. You charger fans keep saying he can talk like that if he can play like that. Like what BTW passing the ball 5 yards and watching Sproales explode to the outside for 56 yd TD or if standing on the sidelines watching another QB guide his team to victory:confused: You can minalmize it all you want but your QB has to grow up!

LOL thats actually pretty funny, i dont know why rivers cares what the fans are saying, oh well......its not the huge deal everyone is making it out to be, i would say cheating the system and knowingly breaking NFL rules is far worse.

but please nit pick more, i could seriously nit pick Brady's early playoff wins too, but that is a different topic. :)

Last edited:
He is not saying bite me. He is saying " At a baby" and padding his LB's in the back. Look at it on youtube. Its funny to me how most people are lemings when it comes to stuff like this. Rivers has always played like this and will never change. His first start in the NFL was on Monday night football in tha black hole and he got into it with Sapp. He got into it with a lineman. He also did it alot during the season last year with fans and players. But now its news because its the ACFCG and ratings need to go up now that its not PATS vs COLTS. I have seen an article written about this in almost every sports web site I have been to. All this talk about respect and class and words like that, give me a break these guys are athletes and nothing more. I worry about that with my friends and family not a person we watch on TV. The media is the media and take it for what it is. I like the way he plays the game and yes I was there when the told the crowd to shut up. WHO CARES!!! why would you boo your team after going 3 and out in the 1st qrt. Dont beleive the hype!!!

Yes, he is saying "Bite me!"

How do I know? I'm deaf, and I read lips very, very well, thank you.

There is no way on God's Green Earth that Rivers was saying, "Atta baby!" His eyes were flaring, his face was contorted, even a bit reddened from the effort, and the venom flowing forth from those lips was unmistakable. These were shouts that were meant to be heard and meant to belittle.

He was NOT congratulating or encouraging a teammate. The recipient of his invective was across the field, and he apparently had no desire to engage in this type of conversation face-to-face.

Even the sportscasters, and later some national writers, wondered where Rivers, who has virtually nothing on his resume, got the balls to engage in behavior like that.

Just like most of the other guys here on PatsFan.com, both my wife and I think this guy is an azzhole, and can't wait for the Pats to give him his proper comeuppance.

What we'd really like to see is, as the game is drawing to a close, and the Chargers are getting shellacked, Mike Vrabel comes in and jars his head lose on a very enthusiastic sack, and as he's getting up, looks at Mr. Rivers , and yells out, "Hey! Bite me!"

Won't happen, tho, because the Pats are a class organization, and don't engage in behavior like that.

Rather, they carry themselves as Champions!

Yes, he is saying "Bite me!"

How do I know? I'm deaf, and I read lips very, very well, thank you.

There is no way on God's Green Earth that Rivers was saying, "Atta baby!" His eyes were flaring, his face was contorted, even a bit reddened from the effort, and the venom flowing forth from those lips was unmistakable. These were shouts that were meant to be heard and meant to belittle.

He was NOT congratulating or encouraging a teammate. The recipient of his invective was across the field, and he apparently had no desire to engage in this type of conversation face-to-face.

Even the sportscasters, and later some national writers, wondered where Rivers, who has virtually nothing on his resume, got the balls to engage in behavior like that.

Just like most of the other guys here on PatsFan.com, both my wife and I think this guy is an azzhole, and can't wait for the Pats to give him his proper comeuppance.

What we'd really like to see is, as the game is drawing to a close, and the Chargers are getting shellacked, Mike Vrabel comes in and jars his head lose on a very enthusiastic sack, and as he's getting up, looks at Mr. Rivers , and yells out, "Hey! Bite me!"

Won't happen, tho, because the Pats are a class organization, and don't engage in behavior like that.

Rather, they carry themselves as Champions!

Patriots have class, but apparently you and your wife don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing