PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Riddley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest issue is they don't even want to run it, when it's successful, or even when the other team is conceding the running game. This has been going on for 4 years at least.

That's the most frustrating thing. Teams are daring us to run and we have no confidence in our run game. You have to wonder how much longer we continue this trend and letting it bite us in the ***

if we score at the end of the second half and tom doesn't throw an interception, we are not talking about this at all

Green Ellis is worse than maroney right now. They should of drafted fricken ingram.

Ridley should freaking start.

Ingram? Gag. He's looked like trash through 3 games. Ridley was all SEC 1st team, Ingram was all SEC 2nd team. Who do you trust more, BB and the SEC coaches or Mel Kiper and Todd McShay?

I agree BJGE looked terrible. I think Ridleys touches will continue to increase until he takes over as a starter. It was pathetic that up 21-0 we couldn't shorten the game.

if we score at the end of the second half and tom doesn't throw an interception, we are not talking about this at all

if....if....if....

and I'm pretty sure this topic would still be applicable.

Clock Killin' Stevan Ridley?

get a good OC and a DC from outside. This inside promotion thing is not working at all.

WTF happened to our ball control offense. BOB, do you even know what a ball control, clock killing offense means ...

:rolleyes:

Riddley impressed me today. I hope that he starts to get more opportunities in the offense.

BJGE is a SLUG and needs to go.

He's a one trick pony and not even all that good at the one trick. He is absolutely no threat to the edge, so the defense knows exactly where he's going and can easily stop him, we then give up on the run, which renders the play action useless. If the D-line isn't threatened by the runner than can concentrate on rushing and batting down passes.

When we give up on the run the opposition can just flood the backfield negating Brady's effectiveness. If a safety bit on the play action he wouldnt have been covering Gronk and we'd have had another TD.

Unless we want to see more days when Brady throws multiple picks they need to start running the dam ball, this means a runner with the ability to go up the middle and threaten the edge. Ridley looked damn good on every play he was in on today, I dont know why he doesnt get more reps.

What does Riddley have to do, to get some run. At one point will the coaches (Bill Obrien) on this team understand, that they can't just go empty backfield on every freaking play.

Agreed, run the ball!!!!!

Riddley was really good on the few moments he got on the field! More of him will do.

Ridley doesn't play safety.

BJGE is a SLUG and needs to go.

He's a one trick pony and not even all that good at the one trick. He is absolutely no threat to the edge, so the defense knows exactly where he's going and can easily stop him, we then give up on the run, which renders the play action useless. If the D-line isn't threatened by the runner than can concentrate on rushing and batting down passes.

When we give up on the run the opposition can just flood the backfield negating Brady's effectiveness. If a safety bit on the play action he wouldnt have been covering Gronk and we'd have had another TD.

Unless we want to see more days when Brady throws multiple picks they need to start running the dam ball, this means a runner with the ability to go up the middle and threaten the edge. Ridley looked damn good on every play he was in on today, I dont know why he doesnt get more reps.
I don't think he "needs to go" because he's a good short yardage and goal-line RB. But I agree that him being the team's feature back is a complete joke. Especially since Ridley has looked like the athletic talented feature RB that we need.

Ridley showed today that he definitely deserves more touches in the offense. BJGE just hasn't looked explosive at all this season. He looks slow and, more surprisingly, indecisive at times this season. Ridley showed burst, quickness, decisiveness, and physicality today. I liked everything I saw. I hope he gets more touches.

I said it before...and I'll say it again

Steve Ridley is Ricky Waters reincarnated....he runs exactly the same way

Did Ricky Waters die?

Ridley looks quick out there. That one run where he wiggled his way for 3 more yards for the 8 yard gain was nice. As good as he looked in camp you would think he would get more carries. I know he was injured for game 1 but he looked completely healthy and ready to go today. The only knock I've seen so far is he needs to go down instead of trying to fight with the ball standing straight up for more yards. This looks like a fumble waiting to happen.

Are you going to repeat this in every thread you post in?

It really is the story of the season. Getting rid of Meriweather and Sanders were bad decisions, as bad as they were (I critiqued them) they were better than what we have now.

Ridley showed today that he definitely deserves more touches in the offense. BJGE just hasn't looked explosive at all this season. He looks slow and, more surprisingly, indecisive at times this season. Ridley showed burst, quickness, decisiveness, and physicality today. I liked everything I saw. I hope he gets more touches.
What you say is true. It especially hit home for me on the last touchdown when they attempted a couple of runs with the indecisive Law Firm before Welker's heroics kicked in. I remember asking the TV why wasn't the former LSU back in there?

Ridley looked far more of an effective RB. Why wasn't he played more? Doesn't O'Brien understand the concept of going with the "hot hand"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News