PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Riddley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is the story of the season. Getting rid of Meriweather and Sanders were bad decisions, as bad as they were (I critiqued them) they were better than what we have now.

And that's relevant to a discussion of Ridley how, exactly?

And yes, while they may have been bad decisions, it appears we had one of the worst defenses in the league with them and we'll continue to have one of the worst defenses in the league without them.

Completely agree. Ridley is awesome. You can just tell that he will be a huge playmaker going forward.

We need to start him now.

It really is the story of the season. Getting rid of Meriweather and Sanders were bad decisions, as bad as they were (I critiqued them) they were better than what we have now.

I do find this interesting especially as there were half the board plus saying cut/trade both e.t.c for a good 2 years now

Anyone else notice how Riddley was tearing the Bills up, we were driving, CBS even showed that Ridley was something like 5 for 35...And after that I don't think they went back to him. Really leaves you scratching your head there.

when he went up the middle and got 8 plus yds before the last guy brought him down... he would have been gone if not for the last guy that barely got a hold of his leg to trip him up and down him

Some people forget ellis had 1,000 yards last year

Anyone else notice how Riddley was tearing the Bills up, we were driving, CBS even showed that Ridley was something like 5 for 35...And after that I don't think they went back to him. Really leaves you scratching your head there.

Yup. That's exactly what BOB did in the Jets playoff game last year. BJGE was doing well and he benched him. It baffled me then, and baffles me now.

it was always "give it to LawFirm" I am sick of BJGE

I want Vereen healthy and on the same page w/ the offense and capable of playing so that we can either trade Lawfirm and activate Faulk or is that a bad move?

Last edited:
BOB doesn't know how to call good run plays. How many times did he run BJGE on the draw? How many times did he run Woodhead right up the gut? Why was Edelman in the backfield at all??? Quit trying to fit square pegs in round holes. Run Woodhead on the outside, BJGE on the inside, and Riddley all over the place.

It's not a matter of BOB not knowing "how to call good run plays". It's more of an issue of BOB not knowing WHEN to call running plays.

He completely abandons the run for long stretches when games are going well and when they are going bad and it is maddening.

when he went up the middle and got 8 plus yds before the last guy brought him down... he would have been gone if not for the last guy that barely got a hold of his leg to trip him up and down him

This one play was encouraging, unlike BJGE, Ridley could bust a 60 yard run.

yes and more importantly no fumbles :D The way Ridley runs, he is going to fumble the ball. The the same people who are touting him now will be bashing him later.

Ridly, Law firm I dont care as long as we run the ball. with a swiss cheese defense that we have, the best thing that can happen is a clock killing ball control Offense,

will BB listen ??

Last edited:
yes and more importantly no fumbles :D The way Ridley runs, he is going to fumble the ball. The the same people who are touting him now will be bashing him later.

A fumble isn't the end of the world though. I'd rather have an explosive guy who fumbles from time to time then one who doesn't but doesn't get much more than 10 yards at most. I like lawfirm but he doesn't scare defenses.

Last edited:
A fumble isn't the end of the world though. I'd rather have an explosive guy who fumbles from time to time then one who doesn't but doesn't get much more than 10 yards at most. I like lawfirm but he doesn't scare defenses.

I agree if he keeps it up he should take over. The way he runs was how we all expected Maroney to run 5 years ago, but the way this board acts, his first fumble they would bash the hell out of him.

As soon as they give us 7 downs instead of four, he'll march us down the field 1 1/2 yards per carry and move those chains.

The point is we have to focus more on running the ball, which Ridley did a much better job of than the Law Firm who is suddenly looking like Maroney. But with Brady being asked to do too much, or taking the burden himself by audibling, we have to become a more balanced team.

I think it was esp. important on Sunday with only one TE and blanket coverage on Branch. I think Gronk got winded and has a slight ankle sprain, which may be been the reason he didn't pull down the ball when Brady forced it to him near the end zone.

BTW, Brian Waters is a beast who completely handled Marcel Dareus, who pushed back Solder a couple of times. With Waters such a good run blocker and Mankins--who struggled with Kyle Williams--we have the tools to run more.

Last edited:
Does it really matter how our RB do.we run a 80/20 offense with 20% run.

even we can rip huge yardage the 20% is not going to effect the total outcome.

Does it really matter how our RB do.we run a 80/20 offense with 20% run.

Did it occur to you that passing THAT much might actually be part of the problem?

The problem is the defense.
===================
I agree that Ridley was a fine addition to Green-Ellis and Woodhead. However, this team has been a passing team for many years, under Brady and Bledsoe before him. No team's offense has done any better. No team has won more games in this time period. No team had won more Super Bowls in this time period.

Check out the teams with the best running games over time, and the best running backs. See how they compare.

What we lack is a cohesive defense. As was the case last year, we expect it to get better as the year progresses.

Did it occur to you that passing THAT much might actually be part of the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes