PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Riddick said Daniels could go #1 overall

ONLY in the NFL draft can a kid rise AFTER the season from a mid- 2nd rounder to a top 3 pick without the benefit of throwing a SINGLE pass in competition.

The run up to the draft is all about 2 things, misinformation and content. No organization is telling the truth. Everyone is smart talented and ready to make an impact. We can't wait for them to come.

Add that crap to the fact that the media has almost 2 months between the start of FA and the draft and what do you expect?

You get Herbert coming to the Pat's and mocks with the Pat's trading down to 20 and low and behold Maye still there. AND there is still almost a month to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only concern, and it's a BIG concern, with McCarthy is that he was never asked to win a game for Michigan. They were always either ahead, or the run game & defense won the game. The only time I remember him being asked to carry the team, was the game tying drive vs Alabama in the playoff game.

Along with pink nails, pink wallet and lip gloss.
It was an interesting ensemble, to say the least. Maybe he had just come from a breast cancer rally....

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we sure Chicago is picking Williams? Everything about him screams nutcase.

Daniels looks dann good at his pro day. Not worried anymore about him being too skinny
Quick release and good arm.
Hard to not be impressed.
I can not believe Commanders would take Mccartthy over Daniels
Eh, McCarthy is getting hyped up with the hope that one of the top three falls... Pure pump and dump

Are we sure Chicago is picking Williams? Everything about him screams nutcase.
Sounds like he's being a dose of character assassination... McCarthy getting hyped, Williams getting trashed... Wicked pre draft games are being played

ONLY in the NFL draft can a kid rise AFTER the season from a mid- 2nd rounder to a top 3 pick without the benefit of throwing a SINGLE pass in competition.

The run up to the draft is all about 2 things, misinformation and content. No organization is telling the truth. Everyone is smart talented and ready to make an impact. We can't wait for them to come.

Add that crap to the fact that the media has almost 2 months between the start of FA and the draft and what do you expect?

You get Herbert coming to the Pat's and mocks with the Pat's trading down to 20 and low and behold Maye still there. AND there is still almost a month to go.
1. You are an idiot...still.

2. Nice use of politics in the main board against Ian's rules.

@Ian
Let's see the equality and fairness....

I had cooled on Daniels a while back for the typical knocks - thin, durability concern, great LSU team to inflate stats, proclivity to run, etc.

But watching his pro day tape makes me hope that WAS takes Maye.
Daniels appears to have built up his lower body
He is such a smooth thrower, with very good mechanics
He's clearly a solid character guy, with strong faith support system

I think in the right system he could have a Stroud-like rookie year.

I'd have to agree. Let's not bring a mention of politics into a thread, which is just going to set off people off and knock the thread off the intended topic. I've removed the comment from the post and subsequent replies, so let's keep the thread on the topic.

Last edited:
Mayes pro day might have Was taking him.
It was that good.

My hope is for Maye.

Mayes pro day might have Was taking him.
It was that good.

My hope is for Maye.
No pro day should be the reason a team takes one player or another .

My personal choice is Maye. He's the youngest of the 3, but also the least polished.

But at this point, I'll be happy with whoever is there. All 3 have THE POTENTIAL to be great and it's critical we come out of this draft with a QB of the future.

No pro day should be the reason a team takes one player or another .

My personal choice is Maye. He's the youngest of the 3, but also the least polished.

But at this point, I'll be happy with whoever is there. All 3 have THE POTENTIAL to be great and it's critical we come out of this draft with a QB of the future.
My toughest situation would be if the first two picks are Daniels and Maye. I really don't want WIlliams as our franchise QB.

Nobody can really say who's beneath whom among these 4. Williams likely will go 1st, but for months Maye was 2nd, then it was Daniels for the past month, now some think McCarthy and others think Maye again.

What I see with McCarthy is a leader who throws darts on a dead run to his right, who's very mobile, who's been running a pro offense, who takes care of the ball, has size, and just turned 21. I think Maye-Daniels-McCarthy are equally rated, so no drop off until after 4.

So we hear "running a pro offense" a lot in college, but I feel like that phrase is becoming less of an indicator of NFL success than maybe it used to?

Another way to label that offense is: Michigan ran an offense that took as much of the pressure off of McCarthy as possible and schemed the middle open where he's comfortable throwing. This is because the zip he has over the middle is the same for everything, his ball arc is.. flat.. and he cannot go process past his first read all that quick.

Defense in the NFL is too good - no, WAY too good to not just take away the two things that make McCarthy serviceable. He will not have long times in the pocket, he will pay for scrambling, and his frame will get ROCKED if and when he takes hits trying to make a play.

I might be shook from the last 2 seasons but the last thing I want is a QB who is both not a world beater with his speed/moves (Lamar Jackson) AND a weak passing arm and brain that you have to scheme your offense around. That just sounds like setting up for disappointment.

Now you could stifle my point by asking "Well then who the hell do we sign? Who plays QB next year?"

Yeah, I dunno lol.

My toughest situation would be if the first two picks are Daniels and Maye. I really don't want WIlliams as our franchise QB.

McCarthy.
I don’t think Williams has the traits Mayo spoke about.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back