PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Riddick said Daniels could go #1 overall

Why is McCarthy being floated as an option? I understand that Michigan won, but he seems like a QB that'd only succeed in the NFL with a stacked offense. Am I wrong in that?
He belongs on San Fran

The problem is there's way too much time, and people have to just keep talking

It's gonna be:

1. Willams
2. Daniels
3. Patriots draft Maye

If the Pats can trade down and still get who they want, then they'd be foolish not to.

I don't want Maye. He's got bust written all over him. Just like Williams.
I'm not so sure about that with Maye.
But to your point, Daniels intangibles are much stronger than both Maye's and Williams. Especially Williams. He's got by far the most physical talent but I worry about both his head and his heart. Wouldn't surprise if Williams is a bust or at least never reaches his full potential. Comparing him to Mahomes is absurd. He'll never be close to Mahomes.
Maye has decent intangibles but not close to Daniels'.
Maye's intelligence and ability to process quickly are both highly questionable. But I'd feel much better with him than Williams

In any event he will not be there st 3

For Pats its Maye, Mccarthy or trade down

Was there some part of the host of possibilities encompassed by the word 'could' that led you to draw an absolute from it?

Daniels looks dann good at his pro day. Not worried anymore about him being too skinny
Quick release and good arm.
Hard to not be impressed.
I can not believe Commanders would take Mccartthy over Daniels
Yeah, he weighed in at a decent weight, his hands measured on the higher side and he showed plenty of arm. I do somewhat wish he ran the 40 just out of my own curiosity but it’s not a necessity by any means.

I also doubt the Commanders take McCarthy - I think it’s gotta be Maye or Daniels. IMO, it’ll be Maye, but I could be wrong. The top 3 guys are the “big 3” and then McCarthy is slightly under that group, even though I do personally think he’s a really good prospect, he needs development. But this means that pick 3 is the last chance to get one of the top 3 guys, so trade value should be pretty good… Curious how much the offers escalate between now and draft week.

Bears didn’t even meet with Daniel’s after his Pro Day. That rules out the possibility of him going #1.

Since when did McCarthy become a top 5 pick? Am I the only one who watched him in the playoffs? He is a backup at best.

Chicago traded Justin Fields, which means they are drafting a QB.
Washington traded Sam Howell, which means they are drafting a QB.
Even if either team trades down, they're still drafting a QB.

If the Pats trade down, then they need to be prepared to draft a non-QB with their first pick.
There is no guarantee that McCarthy or whoever they may be targeting will be available at a lower draft slot.
There is also no guarantee that Nix, Penix, etc. will be available at #34.

The Patriots should rank the entire draft class:
#1 on their wish list, #2 on their wish list, #3 on their wish list - regardless of position.
Ask themselves 'are we okay with (fill in the blank) at #3'?
Ask themselves 'if we do draft (fill in the blank) at #3, are we okay with (fill in the blank), whatever is left at #34'?
Ok, you're hired again. Ask that Kiper fellah to help fill in the blanks but have him email you because if you get on Zoom, you'll be there all week.

Daniels looks dann good at his pro day. Not worried anymore about him being too skinny
Quick release and good arm.
Hard to not be impressed.
I can not believe Commanders would take Mccartthy over Daniels
I did not think he looked that good. MCarthy looked better and I don't like MCarthy

Yeah, he weighed in at a decent weight, his hands measured on the higher side and he showed plenty of arm. I do somewhat wish he ran the 40 just out of my own curiosity but it’s not a necessity by any means.

I also doubt the Commanders take McCarthy - I think it’s gotta be Maye or Daniels. IMO, it’ll be Maye, but I could be wrong. The top 3 guys are the “big 3” and then McCarthy is slightly under that group, even though I do personally think he’s a really good prospect, he needs development. But this means that pick 3 is the last chance to get one of the top 3 guys, so trade value should be pretty good… Curious how much the offers escalate between now and draft week.
Nobody can really say who's beneath whom among these 4. Williams likely will go 1st, but for months Maye was 2nd, then it was Daniels for the past month, now some think McCarthy and others think Maye again.

What I see with McCarthy is a leader who throws darts on a dead run to his right, who's very mobile, who's been running a pro offense, who takes care of the ball, has size, and just turned 21. I think Maye-Daniels-McCarthy are equally rated, so no drop off until after 4.

Nobody can really say who's beneath whom among these 4. Williams likely will go 1st, but for months Maye was 2nd, then it was Daniels for the past month, now some think McCarthy and others think Maye again.

What I see with McCarthy is a leader who throws darts on a dead run to his right, who's very mobile, who's been running a pro offense, who takes care of the ball, has size, and just turned 21. I think Maye-Daniels-McCarthy are equally rated, so no drop off until after 4.
Did you watch the playoffs? It looked to me like the team was trying to hide him as much as possible.

Such a bummer, wanted Daniels from the get go (has star potential, huge upside) but no way he gets to us at #3. That Denver loss killed us and still remember people were so excited about winning that game and criticizing others stating things like "building a culture", such crap, worst win we ever had. Always was in the mindset of take the QB at #3 but not so sure anymore as not like what I'm hearing about Maye.

Such a bummer, wanted Daniels from the get go (has star potential, huge upside) but no way he gets to us at #3. That Denver loss killed us and still remember people were so excited about winning that game and criticizing others stating things like "building a culture", such crap, worst win we ever had. Always was in the mindset of take the QB at #3 but not so sure anymore as not like what I'm hearing about Maye.
Agree, all our wins last year were unnecessary.

Are you basing that off of what you watched? Any one of these QB’s could bust as history has proven over and over again. Excuses are for turds but 2 offensive coordinators and 3 oline coaches in 3 years.

Do we agree the arm strength, size and mobility is there? Seems like he can make any throw including on the run. He can slide, move left to right, get the first down if needed. Durable. From all accounts he seems like a leader and good person according to teammates and coaches.

I’m totally willing to let this guy sit for 8 games or so and learn behind Brissett and a qb coach. Once he gets the read and progression stuff down he just might be the best of the bunch.
Based on what I saw at his pro day on NFL channel

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back