PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Riddick said Daniels could go #1 overall

In the 90s
And Rodman wasn’t soft he was just his own individual.

And why isn't Williams looked at that way? Because of his color choices?

I lived in Chicago for 13yrs, that town wants to win more any anything else, most people won't give a damn who is is off the field, as long as he plays well on the field.

And why isn't Williams looked at that way? Because of his color choices?

I lived in Chicago for 13yrs, that town wants to win more any anything else, most people won't give a damn who is is off the field, as long as he plays well on the field.
The way he handles tough questions I don’t see a strong minded person.

Are you basing that off of what you watched? Any one of these QB’s could bust as history has proven over and over again. Excuses are for turds but 2 offensive coordinators and 3 oline coaches in 3 years.

Do we agree the arm strength, size and mobility is there? Seems like he can make any throw including on the run. He can slide, move left to right, get the first down if needed. Durable. From all accounts he seems like a leader and good person according to teammates and coaches.

I’m totally willing to let this guy sit for 8 games or so and learn behind Brissett and a qb coach. Once he gets the read and progression stuff down he just might be the best of the bunch.

Maye's footwork is garbage. If he couldn't fix it in 4 years of college, regardless of the 2 different OCs, then it's not getting fixed.

If your footwork is garbage, you're throwing Ints in the NFL. And a lot of them. The athleticism of all the players is just that much greater.

When a guy has only a 57% accuracy on passes of 10-15 yards and it drops to below 50% beyond that, you have to look at what you're being given.

I'm always willing to admit when I'm wrong, but I don't see Maye correcting the footwork at the Pro-level.

No I won’t GTFOH. You can interpret it however you want. He’s soft as Charmin and we shall see what happens with him and his future teams. As long as he’s not on this team I DGAF what feminine qualities he demonstrates. I’ve seen signs of mental issues with him and it has nothing to do with traditional masculinity.
That is one thing to say and that is a legitimate argument but to tie to how some wants to dress is the ******** I meant

Maye's footwork is garbage. If he couldn't fix it in 4 years of college, regardless of the 2 different OCs, then it's not getting fixed.

If your footwork is garbage, you're throwing Ints in the NFL. And a lot of them. The athleticism of all the players is just that much greater.

When a guy has only a 57% accuracy on passes of 10-15 yards and it drops to below 50% beyond that, you have to look at what you're being given.

I'm always willing to admit when I'm wrong, but I don't see Maye correcting the footwork at the Pro-level.
I'm not a fan of Maye.

Caleb is the gem prospect and Daniels is the guy with intangibles that you hope pans out. Maye is a guy with a low ceiling and you are hoping he has a high floor to counter it. He might be a franchise QB, but he'll never be an elite QB imo. And in todays NFL, you need an elite.

Frankly I could see most of them failing, but if I had to bet money, it would be Caleb, Daniels and then maybe I'd throw a dollar on Maye just cause.

I'm not a fan of Maye.

Caleb is the gem prospect and Daniels is the guy with intangibles that you hope pans out. Maye is a guy with a low ceiling and you are hoping he has a high floor to counter it. He might be a franchise QB, but he'll never be an elite QB imo. And in todays NFL, you need an elite.

Frankly I could see most of them failing, but if I had to bet money, it would be Caleb, Daniels and then maybe I'd throw a dollar on Maye just cause.
I'm not sold on Williams; guy is absolutely petrified to get hit. I think he might see ghosts in the NFL. He has skills but he's kind of a really, really, big scaredy cat. He also seems to process slow, runs around and makes some plays and has a good arm. I don't think I've ever seen a QB be so afraid of contact.
His % of drop back pressures that were his fault is astronomically high, Zach Wilson and Bryce Young bad. He has arm talent and if you have a Brock Purdy 49ers offense situation, he'll be great, not a guy that can lift his team IMO.
Maye is complete Boom or bust prospect. Either top 5 guy or in a backup role in 3 years.
Daniels is the safest pick, should at worst be a more accurate Justin Fields.

I’d be scared AF if he slides to us.
I think McCarthy maye and penix have more tangibles.
Might increase the haul in a trade. SOMEONE is going to jump at the opportunity to draft Williams, particularly if it seems like “found money” that he is available.

At that point two other QBs have already been drafted.

This is Maye's 2nd year starting not the 4th. He is 21 years old and if you think that at 21 a QB cannot improve over time, then I think you are playing fast and loose with stats just to bolster a pretty weak narrative

Might increase the haul in a trade. SOMEONE is going to jump at the opportunity to draft Williams, particularly if it seems like “found money” that he is available.

At that point two other QBs have already been drafted.
Yes, with Williams and Maye available, the trade value would probably go up, a mad scramble from those drafting 11, 12 and 13.

This is Maye's 2nd year starting not the 4th. He is 21 years old and if you think that at 21 a QB cannot improve over time, then I think you are playing fast and loose with stats just to bolster a pretty weak narrative
How are facts a "Pretty weak narrative", Ken? The guy had a 54% accuracy rating for throws from 11-15 yards. It dropped to 47% on throws from 16-20yard and 21-30 yards. Hell, he couldn't complete more than 2/3 of his passes behind the line, Ken.

Are you honestly telling me, as a former coach, that you didn't have your back-ups working on their issues to improve? He was in college for 3 years and his footwork sucked those 3 years. Yeah, Orlovsky claims that he looked better throwing at his Pro-Day, but that was without any pressure coming at him..

To me, he seems like a guy who relies on his arm to get things done and that's it..

Like I said,.. I'm willing to admit I'm wrong, but I don't see it happening.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back