PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Sherman on snowy SB

I'd like to think you are right, but who do you think can beat them at home from the NFC in the playoffs? Can't see them losing to Arizona again.

San Francisco.

Maybe but they've been outscored 71-16 there last two trips there.

Dont think it will matter. They are playing quite good now and getting their players back. No one expected ARI to win yesterday even though teams have contested seattle well up there. One thing about SEA is that for strange reason night games seem even harder to win so that might be a factor. I dont see any other team built to beat them , maybe arizona again but they probably wont get in.

If the Pats make it to the Super Bowl, they will definitely have a weather advantage over all of the most likely NFC opponents. Brady is the best bad weather QB in league history. You see other QBs being grounded by wind and snow. But other than torrential downpours in Cincy this year, I have never seen a weather condition slow Brady down.

True. Also helpful is the fact that snow nullifies the pass rush. Generally, that is going to affect the other team more than the pats.

While all that is probably true, I like the idea of at least some Super Bowls being in northern, open air stadiums. There shouldn't be a guarantee of perfect conditions, as that's not what football is about.
... Not every year, but the possibility should be there by including more places like NYC in the SB venue rotation.

Agreed...apart from the weather consideration there is the fact that they use home NFL stadiums for the Super Bowl - New Orleans, New Jersey, Dallas, Miami (in the past), Indy, Detroit, Houston, Atlanta et. al. - then if some are okay to use, frankly I think every NFL city should be in the rotation. I know that's not ideal from a marketing or infrastructure support (e.g. Green Bay) from the NFL or even the attending fans standpoint, nor has it ever happened to my knowledge, but the idea that you could theoretically have to play the Saints in the Superdome for the SB negates the whole "neutral site" theory.

Either that, or you pick an actually neutral field (Rose Bowl?) somewhere and have it in the same place every year. Or hold it in the previous season's champions home field. So this year the Super Bowl would be in Baltimore. Okay, bad idea.

Can't wait to see PED Carrol's media darling Seahawks not even advance to the SB. It's crazy how every Patriots game is dissected to the bone yet people seem to ignore...

Seahawks at home...

Cardinals 17
Seahawks 10

Seahawks 27
Bucs 24

Seahawks 20
Titans 13

Seahawks on road....

Colts 34
Sehawks 28

Seahawks 23
Texans 20

Seahawks 14
Rams 9

Seahawks 12
Panthers 7

How anyone can look a the above and act like the Seahawks are some juggernaut or unbeatable at home is hysterical.

OT: Richard Sherman on snowy SB

Can't wait to see PED Carrol's media darling Seahawks not even advance to the SB. It's crazy how every Patriots game is dissected to the bone yet people seem to ignore...

Seahawks at home...

Cardinals 17
Seahawks 10

Seahawks 27
Bucs 24

Seahawks 20
Titans 13

Seahawks on road....

Colts 34
Sehawks 28

Seahawks 23
Texans 20

Seahawks 14
Rams 9

Seahawks 12
Panthers 7

How anyone can look a the above and act like the Seahawks are some juggernaut or unbeatable at home is hysterical.

Because they love trying to make the pats look as horrible as they can. It is gonna be awesome when we win the SB in feb 2014.

I'd like to think you are right, but who do you think can beat them at home from the NFC in the playoffs? Can't see them losing to Arizona again.

The Bucs and the Texans almost beat them in OT...they are beatable.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back