PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Sherman on snowy SB

I was there. The temp was actually high 50s with 6-0 mph and 35 mph steady.

Brady did a quick kick on 3rd down that went about 20-25 yards then rolled another 40 to the 1 yard line.

You were there, but I'm pretty sure Brady wasn't. ;) :D :(

Pats are good in the snow. This seems like a statement based on history, this team is almost entirely new.

Don't forget Brady is 36, we don't know how god our receiving corps deal with extreme conditions. The ball turns into a stone.

We have an advantage because we know that field well playing there every year. A little cold and wind could be welcome. Heavy snow? That can go to any side, 2 TD's to the other team and we are completely f..cked

Some of the most memorable NFL playoff games were played in bad weather.

Football is a game that was meant to be played in the elements a championship team should be able to deal with adversity.

IF we get Tomkins back and Dobson is healthy I like our chances playing cold weather games this postseason especially if the running game is going. I would like a nice windy day if we play Denver, :D

As a NFL fan, I think it is a lousy decision because the game should be played without real weather factors on a neutral field for the championship. It would really suck to watch a team slip-sliding its way to a loss if all you wanted to watch was a good game. The cold weather gear, spikes and gloves have reduced the effect, but it is definitely still there and experience in the elements is huge.

I could not disagree more. Football is about being able to adapt and being able to play in whatever conditions Mother Nature throws at you. Saying it's not fair to make a team play in snow is no more valid than it is to say it's not fair to make New England or Green Bay or Chicago play a Super Bowl in Arizona or Miami. If a team cannot produce in poor weather then they will not win, and they do not deserve to. If all that mattered was a "good game" indoors in 73 degrees then the league would mandate that all stadiums be domes. This is the Super Bowl I've been waiting for all my life, since I am not old enough to have been able to watch all the old NFL championship games in Green Bay or Chicago or Cleveland. If the Pats make it all the better, but a game in the elements is what has been lacking for a long time.

Just picture this:

Tom Brady throwing a game winning TD in the Super Bowl with a back drop of snow falling.

It would be such an epic image!

I think the Seahawks, their local media, and their fans just expect to be there. They've all been chirping about for the last couple weeks. It was nice to see them get kicked in the junk yesterday.

As far as the weather, I hope it's a blizzard

You are absolutely right . Living in Vancouver I hear it everyday.
So happy they lost yesterday and on every sports channel they were
crying about it!

For all you weather woosies, I have only two words for you:

ICE BOWL.

There is almost not a single NFL fan who doesnt know the YEAR, the TEAMS, the VENUE, the WINNER, of THAT GAME.

It is IMMORTALIZED as much by the ELEMENTS as by the DRAMA-PLAY ON the FIELD.

AND IT WASNT EVEN THE SUPER BOWL THAT YEAR!!!!!

Name me any other SB (maybe exempt the Jesters solitary blind squirrel finds a nut event and all the Pats SBs) and most folks even here can't remember more than the year and SB winner without going to wikipedia. The Domes all LOOK THE SAME and FEEL THE SAME 6 months later. They give no historical context and life to the event.

Not that playing in a SWAMP-MARSH is all that; but I would pray for a snow storm even if the most-likely scenario of Pats not making it comes to pass.

OL TIME FOO-BALL Here we go.

seahawks wont make it to the SB. So this is a moot point.

I'd like to think you are right, but who do you think can beat them at home from the NFC in the playoffs? Can't see them losing to Arizona again.

I could not disagree more. Football is about being able to adapt and being able to play in whatever conditions Mother Nature throws at you. Saying it's not fair to make a team play in snow is no more valid than it is to say it's not fair to make New England or Green Bay or Chicago play a Super Bowl in Arizona or Miami. If a team cannot produce in poor weather then they will not win, and they do not deserve to. If all that mattered was a "good game" indoors in 73 degrees then the league would mandate that all stadiums be domes. This is the Super Bowl I've been waiting for all my life, since I am not old enough to have been able to watch all the old NFL championship games in Green Bay or Chicago or Cleveland. If the Pats make it all the better, but a game in the elements is what has been lacking for a long time.

Disagree away. But the NFL is more than 8 teams, and the final game caters to the entire NFL fan base rather than the fans of the 2 teams playing in the game.

In high school football, we loved games in the mud and snow because the game was fun for the players. The Ice Bowl was not a good game. Watch the replay if you need to. The elements eclipsed the game, and it took 4 tries to run the ball in while skating on the goal line because the running back kept falling. If you like falls, dropped passes and fumbles, then chances are you would be satisfied with a repeat of that game. Most would not.

And to make this clear, as a fan of the Pats I love the idea. The Pats will practice in it, and will do well in that environment. The point was if the other team does badly there, the rest of the NFL fan bases will not be celebrating a game in the snow and cold. For the Pats, give me snow, cold and wind every week. It makes me happy.

Disagree away. But the NFL is more than 8 teams, and the final game caters to the entire NFL fan base rather than the fans of the 2 teams playing in the game.

In high school football, we loved games in the mud and snow because the game was fun for the players. The Ice Bowl was not a good game. Watch the replay if you need to. The elements eclipsed the game, and it took 4 tries to run the ball in while skating on the goal line because the running back kept falling. If you like falls, dropped passes and fumbles, then chances are you would be satisfied with a repeat of that game. Most would not.

And to make this clear, as a fan of the Pats I love the idea. The Pats will practice in it, and will do well in that environment. The point was if the other team does badly there, the rest of the NFL fan bases will not be celebrating a game in the snow and cold. For the Pats, give me snow, cold and wind every week. It makes me happy.

While all that is probably true, I like the idea of at least some Super Bowls being in northern, open air stadiums. There shouldn't be a guarantee of perfect conditions, as that's not what football is about.

No doubt, I'm a little biased here. But I firmly believe the Patriots of the past decade have been better than other teams not only based on their SBs and recrd, but precisely because they could win in any weather conditions. Even if the Colts and other teams in certain seasons may have been better inside / on turf, if the Pats or any other team were a bit worse in perfect conditons but much better in inclement weather, I'd take the team that can play in either. And I think the Super Bowl should reflect that. Not every year, but the possibility should be there by including more places like NYC in the SB venue rotation.

I think it's overrated. Every team has players that are accustomed to playing in warm and cold climates.

Theres no way to prepare for it.

The offense has the advantage because the defense has to react and the traction isnt the same as it would be in dome or warm climate.

Sherman has no clue.

Just picture this:

Tom Brady throwing a game winning TD in the Super Bowl with a back drop of snow falling.

The epic part would be the fact that it's in the Jets/Giants stadium. Nothing would be sweeter.

The epic part would be the fact that it's in the Jets/Giants stadium. Nothing would be sweeter.

What I love about this scenario is that the haters will boil with cries of, Brady only won it because they were playing in snow!!!!!

I'd like to think you are right, but who do you think can beat them at home from the NFC in the playoffs? Can't see them losing to Arizona again.

Carolina is for real.

It all depends on Cam though.

Love the idea of a NY Snowy Super Bowl - has a hunger games, adapt to your environment quality to it. I wouldn't want it every year, but for sheer entertainment purposes, it's going to be fun. It's going to be interesting to see how NYC stages this one as well. It's a bit of an experiment, but one I'm looking forward to. Contrary to Richard Sherman, I despise Dome games. Football is not a sport that is meant to be played under a roof in contained environments. It's not artificial, one of the reasons I think the Saints are so soft. Why the Manning/Colts were so soft. With a week to prepare(2 in this case), it's not like a baseball game and you have time to prepare for the elements as part of your game planning.

When you go to war, it's not in a sunny predictable environment. Football is not meant to be played around palm trees.

One of the best Championship games I ever saw was the NFL Championship "Ice Bowl" game played in Green Bay. It was a lead up to the first Superbowl, and many fans thought it was the "real" Championship game featuring the warm weather scoring machine, the Dallas Cowboys against Lombardi's aging but ferocious Packers. The Cowboys had the World's fastest human, Bob Hayes at WR. The Packers had the Power Sweep.

The game was settled on a Bar Starr QB sneak over G Fuzzy Thurston into the endzone in the last few seconds of the game.:D

Argh that was Cassel!!

Brady has punted twice, once back in 2003 and in the playoff game versus Denver.....on the play that sparked the sideline brawl......

Just picture this:

just following the series where Gost tied it up kicking into a blizzard of snow that made the ball hard to see

just following the series where Gost tied it up kicking into a blizzard of snow that made the ball hard to see

I'd rather it be like the Tennessee game from a few years ago when it was 45-0 at halftime...less stressful on the old ticker....

We're getting way ahead of ourselves with talk of winning it but if we were lucky enough to get there part of me would love a blowout so I can sit back and enjoy it. Another part would love NFL Films capturing Brady saying to Sherman after he torches him for the winning TD, Who's mad now bro?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back