PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Sherman: Brady not one of the top 5 smartest QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brady is willing to use anything as motivation. He has shown in the past on multiple occasions that he remembers things that have been said and done. I actually like that about him when he uses it for motivation. What I don't like is when he responds, like he did when he flew around mocking the Jets after the 45-3 blowout. That certainly came back to bite him/us in the arse.

I agree to a point. Certainly guys like Ryan Clark, or Suggs and other knuckleheads that talk trash Brady clearly hears and will keep a list in the back of his mind and rip into when he has one-up'd them.

I don't think he'll go out of his way or deviate from the game plan to make someone look bad for his own personal gain. I also don't think during practice in 7 on 7s pretending Talib is Richard Sherman. Hes way too focused to get caught up in that stuff.

The reality is Sherman has faced Brady 1 time in his career so what exactly does he know about Brady, barely anything.

Sherman also played extremely well in that game, with a pick and a couple passes defensed, and the Patriots lost.

Sherman's easily one of the best corners in the game, it's not like this is some scrub talking out of his ass.

Sherman also played extremely well in that game, with a pick and a couple passes defensed, and the Patriots lost.

Sherman's easily one of the best corners in the game, it's not like this is some scrub talking out of his ass.

But he clearly left him off the list by being a jack @$$

meh, Pats defense lost that game.

It's incredible how insecure a lot of Pats fans on this board are.

It is what it is. The games still have to be played either way. I'll take #12 with me to any stadium and see what happens.

One hundred seven posts on Richard Sherman ... that's at least 100 too many.

Put him in the Suggs category...he is obviously jealous of Brady, that is crystal clear to me.

Statements like this make a great headline but does anyone really care what he says or thinks...really?

I don't agree with him, but he has narrowly defined his terms and applies them only to this season. Personally, I happen to think that Tom Brady is plenty smart on the football field and in his business dealings off the field (as well as in his selection of a spouse).

Sherman seems to define "smart" along the lines of a QB's ability to make adjustments during the game and to pick up on mismatches. I seem to remember a lot of "Tom Brady is the greatest, but..." posts on this board that said similar things.

I don't say things like that because I don't think I'm smart enough about the game to do so, since I have never played it beyond a sandlot. However, Sherman has "walked the walk" in three good seasons as an NFL starter after being drafted in the fifth round in 2011.

The bottom line is that while Sherman writes pretty well and argues his points thoughtfully, I would still take Sixth Rounder Tom Brady's first three seasons as a starter over Fifth Rounder Richard Sherman's first three seasons any day: Two Lombardis and two SB MVP's vs. (so far) 1--1 in two playoff games.

damn why do people bash Brady a lot. The guy wins and is a hard worker why isn't that respected, yet they all worship a guy who has God given talent yet does not have the heart of a champion like Tom has.

I think it's a few things.

Jealousy is a big factor. The fact he can give as well as he can take talking smack on the field. The fact he proved all the self professed "experts" wrong that a QB drafted in the 6th round really can turn out to be great. And the perception that the refs favor him, going back to the tuck rule and the silly "Brady rule" thing. I think Rodney Harrison's goofy "skirt" comment didn't help. The play he was referring to - Suggs clearly dove at Brady's surgically repaired knee and tried to take him out. That is indisputable. If I was a ref I would have thrown the flag too.

Rodney should have known better than that. Too bad he didn't invest as much time to think of a way to rip the football away from a guy's helmet as he did to think of a clownish soundbite for the cameras.

translation: there's a good chance the Pats represent the AFC in the "bowl, so i better start the head games now

I never said he was some scrub talking out his ass. Great players lust for attention too. What Sherman is doing has nothing to do with on the field he is doing it for off the field attention and notoriety just like Suggs and others.

The fact he proved all the self professed "experts" wrong that a QB drafted in the 6th round really can turn out to be great.

You know it's interesting because you would think that Sherman would align with Brady on this given where he was taken in the draft.

You know it's interesting because you would think that Sherman would align with Brady on this given where he was taken in the draft.

I think he does...he has talked about having the "same chip on his shoulder" as Brady does because of where both were picked in the draft.

I mean the fans and know-it-alls. It's amazing how many people claim Brady is a system QB and actually believe it....

I think he does...he has talked about having the "same chip on his shoulder" as Brady does because of where both were picked in the draft.

I mean the fans and know-it-alls. It's amazing how many people claim Brady is a system QB and actually believe it....

I find the system QB to be somewhat amusing considering Brady has never been in one system for more than 2-3 seasons in his career. He has toggled through running first, vertical, spread, 2 tight end and a balanced attack in his 13 seasons. If you wanted to label a player a systems QB it would be Peyton Manning and that system is a 3 WR, 1 TE and 1 RB offense with a high caliber player at all 5 positions.

Colts
WR – Harrison
WR – Wayne
Slot – Stokley
TE – Clark
RB – James

Broncos
WR – Thomas
WR – Decker
Slot – Welker
TE – Thomas
RB – Moreno

The system is give Manning early round talent at all 5 skill positions and he will throw for a lot of yards and touchdowns.

I find the system QB to be somewhat amusing considering Brady has never been in one system for more than 2-3 seasons in his career. He has toggled through running first, vertical, spread, 2 tight end and a balanced attack in his 13 seasons. If you wanted to label a player a systems QB it would be Peyton Manning and that system is a 3 WR, 1 TE and 1 RB offense with a high caliber player at all 5 positions.

Colts
WR – Harrison
WR – Wayne
Slot – Stokley
TE – Clark
RB – James

Broncos
WR – Thomas
WR – Decker
Slot – Welker
TE – Thomas
RB – Moreno

The system is give Manning early round talent at all 5 skill positions and he will throw for a lot of yards and touchdowns.

I think this is misinterpreting what the whole system thing is. You are taking it at a face value...which isn't the point.

The idea was that you could take brady out and plug in another qb and have the same results...thus a product of the "system"

Of course it's ludicrous...but that's besides the point.

Another similar term that evolved over time was SEC speed in college. It was originally meant for the lineman from the south that were faster and athletic..as opposed to the corn fed big boys from the Midwest whom were more of a brawling type of player...but of course over time, that somehow was applied to the speed players as well and started all these idiotic arguments over players having SEC speed or not.

He's a great player but unbelievably arrogant and stupid. Don't mind harmless trash talking but don't make yourself look a fool in the process.

I'm just going out on a limb here, but I really don't think he intentionally snubbed Tom Brady, guys. I'm pretty sure he didn't set out writing this article to tweak Brady and apparently PatsFans.com as well. You guys take all this way too seriously and personally, it's a little weird.

I'm just going out on a limb here, but I really don't think he intentionally snubbed Tom Brady, guys. I'm pretty sure he didn't set out writing this article to tweak Brady and apparently PatsFans.com as well. You guys take all this way too seriously and personally, it's a little weird.

Ah....that's actually the way fans are supposed to react. Why do think we're called fans (fanatics)?

We're not supposed to be impartial "fans of the game". Which is why a board calle Patsfans.com can flourish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes