PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Sherman: Brady not one of the top 5 smartest QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Richard Sherman smartest QBs: Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Andrew Luck | The MMQB with Peter King

Apparently, brady goes in the "honorable mention" category.

I really hope we bust his Super Bowl dreams. I've been hoping for a rematch ever since that "you mad bro?" and "the pats play a gimmick offense" comments

Edit: I'm almost positive he put brady down on the list deliberately. Seriously, you put andrew luck in your top 5 and then put the guy with the most Super Bowls, most Super Bowl appearances and most conference game championship appearances (by far) behind two guys (luck and wilson) who have one playoff win combined?

Rays lewis made a keen comment on brady several years ago regarding SB 38. Lewis said brady is a chess master and recognized that when the defense is in cover 2 you're best bet is to dump it off to the RB when he's one on one with the LB. It was a simple screen to kevin Faulk on third down but a huge play in the game - he didn't force the ball downfield or try to throw into a tight window. He's not looking out to be the hero but trying to win the game.

His arm, however, is another story. His passes will be accurate and on time, but he throws ducks.

Sherman is one arrogant dude.

Any of you guys catch him on ESPN First Take?

Doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

I don't agree with his opinion, but it's not as if he was putting Brady down with the scrubs.

He lists Brady with an honorable mention and then substantiates it with 'the young guys are still developing'.

If you're going to evaluate a QB why would it be dependent on his receivers? Not the sharpest analysis.

Ah, so it's Peyton Manning's smarts that cause him to throw backbreaking pick sixes in crucial moments during playoff games, according to Sherman. :eek:

I think Sherman came off well in the article. It kinda reaffirms that the list is: Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and everyone else; but Sherman decided to stick two guys that he's played with on the list.

I don't think Sherman comes off well at all.

In the game of football, the guy who scores all those points AND is the hardest one to intercept is the smartest QB.

Smart QBs don't commit the biggest blunders a QB can make, and I'm just going to assume that Rodgers/Brees/Manning/Brady all throw the ball about the same amount, for about the same points, year after year, and yet one of the 4 is the hardest to intercept.

I don't think Sherman is very bright at all. The object of the game is not to throw difficult passes. The object of the game is to win.

Personally I love this. I understand that it wasn't the worst trash talk ever, but it was a semi dig. And I know Brady doesn't think about these things or use them for motivation, or does he? Let's ask Anthony Smith. :D

Any of you guys catch him on ESPN First Take?

Doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

And that makes you think about his qualifications as far as how to recognize a smart quarterback when you see one.

Bah -- silliness. Whatever people might think about Brady, I'm pretty sure most would agree he's a mighty smart QB.

Also, you have to realize he put his ex-Standford teammate (Luck) and his current teammate (Wilson) in the top 5. Hardly objective.

Too much dope on his head. Go to hell Sherman, you were in you diapers Brady already was a SB champion.

Sherman left the diapers at 15.

I think Richard Sherman is an excellent troll.

I think Richard Sherman is an excellent troll.

Second best in the league, behind only Suggs. The Bears front office is also in the running for NFL Troll of the Year award for the way they trolled Chicago's fanbase with that Cutler contract.

1. Peyton Manning

What makes him special: When we played Peyton in the preseason, I found a new appreciation for the way he makes adjustments at the line of scrimmage; he controls the protections, and if he sees the blitz coming he slides it. The thing that sets him apart is that he’ll change it to a run play if you don’t have enough players in the box, and they’ll get five or six yards because you’re not ready for it. Nobody else has both the authority to do that within their offense and the understanding to know when it’s appropriate].

His arm, however, is another story. His passes will be accurate and on time, but he throws ducks.

So nobody else you can think of adjusts the protection at the line of scrimmage? No one else calls audibles when the defense overloads the box? Sorry, Richard. This is just plain wrong. Hilariously wrong.

Mr. Sherman does great damage to the reputation of Stanford University as an elite school each and every time he opens his big mouth. What a dunce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back