PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Sherman: Brady not one of the top 5 smartest QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherman got people talking crap about him ... he got under your skin ...

Time to toughen up people ... I mean Richard Freaking 'You Mad Bro' Sherman got you.

Sherman +1 ........

It's based on his own experience playing against these guys.

Sherman got people talking crap about him ... he got under your skin ...

Time to toughen up people ... I mean Richard Freaking 'You Mad Bro' Sherman got you.

Sherman +1 ........

It's not too hard to get under the skin of posters here. It's like we've got a whole bunch of Rodney Harrison's here:D

Second best in the league, behind only Suggs. The Bears front office is also in the running for NFL Troll of the Year award for the way they trolled Chicago's fanbase with that Cutler contract.

The Jets topped that with Rex coming back:rocker:

damn why do people bash Brady a lot. The guy wins and is a hard worker why isn't that respected, yet they all worship a guy who has God given talent yet does not have the heart of a champion like Tom has.

I would love nothing more than for the Pats to beat the Seahawks in the SB this year and for Brady to walk up and get in Sherman's face after the game and ask him "u mad bro?"

You know this snub by Sherman is just gonna fire Brady up this postseason to beat Luck/Manning/Dalton (2 of whom were put ahead of him on the list). And then he will be lights out in the SB beating Wilson and author of the list Sherman himself.

damn why do people bash Brady a lot. The guy wins and is a hard worker why isn't that respected, yet they all worship a guy who has God given talent yet does not have the heart of a champion like Tom has.

Brady is actually one of the most hated players in the league. I've never fully understood why other then the winning against other people's teams thing, but he rubs a lot of people the wrong way for some reason. People really hated him for having two women pregnant and the Spygate scandal as well. That is the only thing that I can ever get people to bring up in conversations when they tell me that they hate Tom Brady. It is usually one or the other. People's hatred for the guy makes it difficult to decipher how dominant he really has been when you look at the entire situation of his career.

Brady is actually one of the most hated players in the league. I've never fully understood why other then the winning against other people's teams thing, but he rubs a lot of people the wrong way for some reason. People really hated him for having two women pregnant and the Spygate scandal as well. That is the only thing that I can ever get people to bring up in conversations when they tell me that they hate Tom Brady. It is usually one or the other. People's hatred for the guy makes it difficult to decipher how dominant he really has been when you look at the entire situation of his career.

I would say his relationship with the refs is the biggest reason he is hated today. They believe he whines too much to the refs over bad calls, is able to lobby for calls in his favor, and generally receives preferential treatment from them that virtually no other player receives. They also think he's a poor loser.

Some of this, unfortunately, has merit - in particular, getting in the face of refs after calls he disagrees with. That's pretty indisputable and behavior that I personally dislike.

I would say his relationship with the refs is the biggest reason he is hated today. They believe he whines too much to the refs over bad calls, is able to lobby for calls in his favor, and generally receives preferential treatment from them that virtually no other player receives. They also think he's a poor loser.

Some of this, unfortunately, has merit - in particular, getting in the face of refs after calls he disagrees with. That's pretty indisputable and behavior that I personally dislike.

Really? Ya don't think some (if not most) of the "in your face" wasn't merited?

Most people are jealous of others success and living the life that they wished they had.

I consider Sherman an intelligent fellow. Hes articulate, and by all accounts did well academically at Stanford. In my eyes he has some credibility.

My problems with the article's credibility.

1) He has the most popular Qb at the top of the list. 80% of the uneducated fans would do the same.

2) He has two in-conference QBs on the list.

3) He has his teammate on it.

4) He has his ex-teammate on it.

5) He has publicly stated the Pats have a "gimmick offense" and his only justification for him not being in the top 5 is the use of the BB quote? LOL.

Entertaining read but doesn't have any credibility.

He is an ignant idiot. That is why.

People really hated him for having two women pregnant.

What an utter joke. People hating him because of that are grasping at short straws.

Also i'm pretty sure Gisele didn't have his 2nd kid until they were married 2-3 years after that actress gave birth to his first kid.

Well if people hate him because of that then they must really hate Adrian Peterson.

I would love nothing more than for the Pats to beat the Seahawks in the SB this year and for Brady to walk up and get in Sherman's face after the game and ask him "u mad bro?"

You know this snub by Sherman is just gonna fire Brady up this postseason to beat Luck/Manning/Dalton (2 of whom were put ahead of him on the list). And then he will be lights out in the SB beating Wilson and author of the list Sherman himself.

I really don't think Brady cares. What motivates a dude like that despite he and his wife having a combined net worth of $800m isn't a punk like Richard Sherman talking smack....goes much deeper y'know?

Sherman believes he is in Brady's head after their last game in Seattle. Richard is just re-planting that seed in case they meet in Feb - which he obviously believes there is a good chance of. If it gets that far - it will be fun to watch.

I really don't think Brady cares. What motivates a dude like that despite he and his wife having a combined net worth of $800m isn't a punk like Richard Sherman talking smack....goes much deeper y'know?

I think Brady is willing to use anything as motivation. He has shown in the past on multiple occasions that he remembers things that have been said and done. I actually like that about him when he uses it for motivation. What I don't like is when he responds, like he did when he flew around mocking the Jets after the 45-3 blowout. That certainly came back to bite him/us in the arse.

Richard Sherman smartest QBs: Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Andrew Luck | The MMQB with Peter King

Apparently, brady goes in the "honorable mention" category.

I really hope we bust his Super Bowl dreams. I've been hoping for a rematch ever since that "you mad bro?" and "the pats play a gimmick offense" comments

Edit: I'm almost positive he put brady down on the list deliberately. Seriously, you put andrew luck in your top 5 and then put the guy with the most Super Bowls, most Super Bowl appearances and most conference game championship appearances (by far) behind two guys (luck and wilson) who have one playoff win combined?

Rays lewis made a keen comment on brady several years ago regarding SB 38. Lewis said brady is a chess master and recognized that when the defense is in cover 2 you're best bet is to dump it off to the RB when he's one on one with the LB. It was a simple screen to kevin Faulk on third down but a huge play in the game - he didn't force the ball downfield or try to throw into a tight window. He's not looking out to be the hero but trying to win the game.

Brady is the poster boy of what would be consider perfection in the NFL – highest winning percentage of all time, 3 time champion, intelligent, handsome, successful, well mannered, supermodel wife, millions of dollars, family man, high fashion, respectful and so many other things. Players like Sherman they like attention and they like to say things that will get a rise out of the media and gain public recognition and the best way to do that is sometimes to take a shot at the poster boy. If he had left Rodgers or Brees off that list it would have led to far less attention.

The reality is Sherman has faced Brady 1 time in his career so what exactly does he know about Brady, barely anything. His intentions are clear in my opinion and that is press and Sherman believes any press is good press.

His list is also very bias and predictable; Wilson is his QB now, he went to college with Luck and then he picked the other top QBs to fill it out with Manning, Brees and Rodgers. He is not going to bash Brees and Rodgers they stand in his path to the Super Bowl and in his mind he likely believes the Broncos are the most likely team he would face in the Super Bowl, the other two names were motivated by loyalty and friendship.

What I don't like is when he responds, like he did when he flew around mocking the Jets after the 45-3 blowout. That certainly came back to bite him/us in the arse.

If he really mocked them after that blowout, they deserved it. As I recall all they did was talk that week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST