PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan "surprised, a bit direspected" at late game Brady-to-Moss pass attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tubby Wrecks: blubbery, bloviating hypocrite

Hey, I actually don't blame Ryan for this. If I was him, I would want the media focusing on Belichick this week (he is a favorite target of the NY media for some obvious reasons) rather than the fact the Jets have lost six out of their last seven games and Sanchez turned the ball over five times this past weekend for the second time this year.

Personally, I think that is why he is complaining now. This story already has far more legs than it should have.

Who cares about respect, really he should just be embarrassed for the Patriots for running such a bush league play. What ever happened to "The Patriots Way" or acting with a minimum amount of dignity.

Love the Pats but that was junk.

Was what you wrote an intended joke?????

You evidently don't understand "context".

You DO understand that Ryan is the HC who named a 4th string QB as a CAPTAIN for both games against the Patriots, do you???????

It was a thank-you to Mr. Ryan for naming Kevin O'Connell, Larry Izzo and Damien Woody team captains for both games against the Patriots. If the NFL offices allowed it, Wrecks would have named Matt Estrella, Matt Walsh and Eric Mangini to join them in the middle of the field for the coin toss. It was also a "thank-you" for 6 months worth of smack (that was amazingly not responded to until that moment).

The Patriots fought fire with fire and they ENDED the fight.

If you don't think Rex Ryan was the most deserving person in the NFL for a big F-U, then I can't help you there.

.....and then the PA system blares The Who at the end of the game blasting ".....meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Last edited:
I was suprised too. On one hand, the Pats did allow 14 points in about 5 seconds last week so BBs reasoning is defensible. But conventionally, it was a bit over the top.

Either way, Ryan has not done enough to earn respect. He is another one who needs to be quiet and get his revenge by winning games.

No it wasn't. Ryan made it pretty clear what kind of divisional relationship the Jets and the Pats are going to have going forward. He started off by running his mouth about the Pats and Belichick then went into the Week 2 game openly disrespecting the Pats by making Izzo, O'Connell, etc. team captains. If he's going to run his mouth then he had better be ready to deal with the consequences.

I thought it was a little whack, when they attempted that pass.. Completely unnecessary, and a little considering how they threw at Revis, who had pretty much kept Moss in check for the whole day....

I thought it was a little whack, when they attempted that pass.. Completely unnecessary, and a little considering how they threw at Revis, who had pretty much kept Moss in check for the whole day....

So we should respect the HC who made 4th string QB Kevin O'Connell CAPTAIN for both Pats games.

Got it, thanks.

No it wasn't. Ryan made it pretty clear what kind of divisional relationship the Jets and the Pats are going to have going forward. He started off by running his mouth about the Pats and Belichick then went into the Week 2 game openly disrespecting the Pats by making Izzo, O'Connell, etc. team captains. If he's going to run his mouth then he had better be ready to deal with the consequences.

The more I think about it, it was a Brady-Moss thing.

Still though, why reduce yourself and the organization to that level Kontra?

So we should respect the HC who made 4th string QB Kevin O'Connell CAPTAIN for both Pats games.

Got it, thanks.

It's easier to respect yourself if you don't go tit for tat with morons because in the end you've really just lowered yourself to their level.

Going for it on that play was bush league, especially when you consider that yeah, Revis really did a good job on Moss all day, better than their first matchup, in my opinion.

The only positive I can take from that play is that the team, especially Brady, clearly has Randy Moss' back and that's a good sign for team solidarity which is more important to me than anything else about that play.

But yeah, that play was a ****ty last ditch attempt to salvage Moss' game and was completely unnecessary from any other standpoint.

The more I think about it, it was a Brady-Moss thing.

Still though, why reduce yourself and the organization to that level Kontra?

We haven't. We're an organization that's actually enjoyed success since the Lunar Landing.

It's easier to respect yourself if you don't go tit for tat with morons because in the end you've really just lowered yourself to their level.

Going for it on that play was bush league, especially when you consider that yeah, Revis really did a good job on Moss all day, better than their first matchup, in my opinion.

Or, if you're into football, the strategy could be that Moss will be facing Revis for a few years to come and needs as much data in the bank to know how he moves and reacts to all his moves. There was ZERO negative, football-wise, to that play.

Had Revis not has Randy's number both games, then it would have been useless. But it obviously is a matchup that Randy needs to figure out. How better to do that than to test it in game situations in different ways? That's why they are on the field and you and I aren't.

Whether or not it hurt the feelings of someone who has behaved himself like Rex Ryan has over the past 6 months only makes it delicious for those of us NOT on the field.

Last edited:

The only positive I can take from that play is that the team, especially Brady, clearly has Randy Moss' back and that's a good sign for team solidarity which is more important to me than anything else about that play.

But yeah, that play was a ****ty last ditch attempt to salvage Moss' game and was completely unnecessary from any other standpoint.

I agree with both you and shmessy.

It is bewildering that Rex Ryan talks about respect when making two ex-Pats, the CAPTAINS of the friggin team just for the Pats game. So, I have no qualms against him feeilng disrespected and only wish we had run up the score. :D

However, I am on your camp regarding that last salvo to Moss: whatever be the real intention, given the comments between Moss and Revis prior to the game, the pass appeared to a desperate move to prove Moss > Revis. Sadly, that didn't work out and as a result, # show that Moss was kept under check - and I believe single coverage for most part - by Revis, although Revis goofed up on the TD.

I don't see what the big deal is.

It sounds like people are *****ing that the patriots do their talking on the field. So what if they threw a late game bomb at a team that has pulled just about every dishonroable trick they could think of to get under the Patriot's skin.

They deserved what they got ... and about a thousand times over it. I'd rather that then listen to our players mouth off before every game and cry like little b!tches when they lose or take a big (legal) hit.

Coach Blobulous needs to reach down and grab one of those extra long fat rolls and pull it up over his lips before every game since he is clearly incapable of shutting his pie hole any other way.

Hey Rex, I'm sorry you daddy abused you as a kid, physically and emotionally, but your a grown man now... stop acting like an enourmous douchebag.

You just called your coach a moron for going "tit for tat" by throwing the hail Mary on the last play because of a perceived slight. THAT was bush league, and getting one of his key offensive players injured would've been poetic justice. At the very least that pass should've been intercepted. How would you feel if Li'l Sanchez suffered a career-ending injury on that play?

But really, aren't you tired already of Tubby Wrecks' emotional insecurities? He doesn't know how to behave as a head coach and has made it into a bipolar circus. Trash talking, crying, turning press conferences into a stand-up comedy routines, etc. I can't imagine life as a Green Beans fan. You must be a card-carrying masochist.

Last edited:
Oh Geebus, cry me a river while I play the world's smallest violin.

In the future, don't let your mouth write a check your butt can't cash maybe you won't have this problem.

I have no problem with how he feels. A lot of coaches would feel the same. Maybe we were practicing for future situations. I do not know.

I think BB wanted him to feel exactly that way.

BB does his talking on the field, responding to all the Rex Ryan wants to talk about off the field. The message got through.

Or, if you're into football, the strategy could be that Moss will be facing Revis for a few years to come and needs as much data in the bank to know how he moves and reacts to all his moves. There was ZERO negative, football-wise, to that play.

There was plenty negative, football-wise to that play. Or have you not watched how our own defense rises to the occasion year after year when they perceived disrespect? All that play did was add more fuel to the fire and clearly Revis is a player who responds well to getting a fire lit under his ass.

Either we give him more confidence by him successfully defending Moss, which happened, or we score a meaningless TD clearly meant to rub it in.

A late game TD with the game clearly in hand is just about the worst possible time to try to gain knowledge of a matchup. It's the same as saying that Thomas Jones totally learned more about how to run on our defense when he got like 40 of his 100+ yards in garbage time.

Meanwhile Revis is clearly going to bring it when we play them next year instead of this whole stupid fued going away. I'm not for playing like a coward but I am for playing smart and not needlessly inciting the other team emotionally and going for it at that time clearly was not smart and will give Revis more Harrison-like disrespected fuel for next season.

Chairs all over the world are disrespected by Rex Ryan's fat @as!!!

Was what you wrote an intended joke?????

You evidently don't understand "context".

You DO understand that Ryan is the HC who named a 4th string QB as a CAPTAIN for both games against the Patriots, do you???????

It was a thank-you to Mr. Ryan for naming Kevin O'Connell, Larry Izzo and Damien Woody team captains for both games against the Patriots. If the NFL offices allowed it, Wrecks would have named Matt Estrella, Matt Walsh and Eric Mangini to join them in the middle of the field for the coin toss. It was also a "thank-you" for 6 months worth of smack (that was amazingly not responded to until that moment).

The Patriots fought fire with fire and they ENDED the fight.

If you don't think Rex Ryan was the most deserving person in the NFL for a big F-U, then I can't help you there.

.....and then the PA system blares The Who at the end of the game blasting ".....meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

I had thought this was a Brady-Moss jab at Revis when I saw the play but I had not seen the ex-Pats team captain thing which makes it possible that BB had some say in the matter. I think BB is in Rex's head. Notice he called a timeout with 5 seconds left, down by 17, with the ball near midfield. What was the point of that? The game's over dude. Go home. The more I think about it, the more I like the entertainment value of it. Did the WEEI guys ask him about this on Monday?

more importantly, as someone on another board noted, why did the Jest blitz on the play in question? They sent 7 men! If the game was over, patriots should have stopped playing, whatever other whiny comment you come up with, why were the Jest still playing?

according to breer
Just got done watching Jets-Pats again -- Interesting is that on that end-of-game shot to Moss that teed Rex off, NY sent seven rushers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft