PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex is just asking for it (Rex on Dion Lewis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet according to Bills fans, Brady is the disrespectful one, because he dared to... post a picture of himself watching the Bills game.

We should photoshop that picture to show Brady watching some random movie with the Bills game in the picture in picture.

I highly doubt the Pats are going to make any sort of commitment to the run. Rex's defenses have traditionally struggled with 2TE sets. I'd expect a healthy dose of Chandler and Gronk in this one.

I believe the Patriots will go TE heavy a lot this season as a countermeasure to some great defensive lines in the division.

We should photoshop that picture to show Brady watching some random movie with the Bills game in the picture in picture.

I actually think that TB12 took that pic for a reason and it wasn't to show off the Ugg slipper collection or him chillin'

That was for Sexy Rexy.

Foghorn-Lineage.jpg

Rex as a cartoon character

Rex stop by after the game with Evers555, love to chat with you.

I highly doubt the Pats are going to make any sort of commitment to the run. Rex's defenses have traditionally struggled with 2TE sets. I'd expect a healthy dose of Chandler and Gronk in this one.

I'm expecting the 3 and 4 TE sets to be used quite a bit, as well.

I actually think that TB12 took that pic for a reason and it wasn't to show off the Ugg slipper collection or him chillin'

That was for Sexy Rexy.

Didn't Rex make some snide comment years ago because Brady didn't watch the dolts/jests playoff game?

That was for Sexy Rexy.
I think you're right. It just hit me. So awesome.

would any of you, as the opposing coach, focus on dion lewis? c'mon - all rex was implying was that he will focus on brady, gronk and edelman.

Didn't Rex make some snide comment years ago because Brady didn't watch the dolts/jests playoff game?

Hmmm. Don't remember but it wouldn't surprise me.

Rex has taken some playful jabs at TB12 but nothing bad. Last year he said he pulled a Bill Laimbeer and "flopped" then he needled him on his potty mouth.

would any of you as the opposing focus on dion lewis? rex was implying that he will focus on brady, gronk and edelman.

I think Rex knows exactly who Dion Lewis, and is trying to devise a plan to keep him in check. Potentially, he could be the guy to really kill an attacking defense.

I think you're right. It just hit me. So awesome.
It's an educated guess. Rex has taken some good-natured jabs at Tom over the years.

With that said Ryan has said nothing negative about Deflategate so I don't think it's anything malicious on Tom's end either.

Just good 'ole needling.

Textbook Rex: Whenever possible in high stress times, draw all the focus to you, to keep the pressure off your team.
That might work the first few weeks, but after 5 years of the same old same old, I think his team finally figured out that when Rex coaches you it IS all about him, and you are just cogs in his story.

Face it Rex is the archetype "players coach". He's fun. He's entertaining. He's a guy you want to have a beer with. Plus he knows how to motivate a team to play hard.....for a time. But for the most part you don't want him writing your game plan, and you certainly don't want him managing your sideline on game day.

Rex Ryan is middle of road NFL HC who his way over rated because he's this era's Bill Parcells as far as his relationship with the media goes. Who else could have a 4-9 record against another HC and have the world thinking you have his number? Who else can miss the playoffs 3 years running and have world believing you are an elite HC.

In reality Rex has ONE great win against Bill and all credit to him for that game. However that was back in the 2010 season, and since that game Rex has done little to add to his luster except for his ability to snow the media with his personality.

While in NJ, Rex consistently hogged the spotlight, while consistently being unable to take care of the details and manage a game on Sunday. If we are being honest, playing at home with the talent he has, given the issues the Pats have; he SHOULD win this game, especially now that Taylor has shown he can do the job. The fact that HE's the HC is probably one of the best reason's the Pats have a chance in this game.

It's unlikely that he'll clean up all the holding and other penalties the Bills allowed that kept the Colts in that game much longer than it was necessary. It's inevitable that there will be a mess up that will cause the Bills to lose a TO or two. And we all expect a substitution issue that could cost them at some point in the game. Like I said it's the details that will always catch up to Rex, and THAT's why almost every his team will lose a game or two because of it.

At one point I thought it was just a matter of being a young HC, but 5 years later you were seeing the same crap happening over and over. It was so telling at the end, even a lot of braindead Jet fans were noticing it.

Well the honeymoon for Rex will last at least for this year. He SHOULD make the playoffs with this team, and I hope he does (as the wildcard), those long suffering Bills fans deserve a playoff team.. But if he doesn't, he isn't going to get a 5 year rope like he did with the Jets

Last edited:
If there's one guy who can trash talk the Pats and somehow still back it up once in a while, admittedly it's Rex.

@jeffphowe: Rex Ryan was asked about Dion Lewis today: "I don't think we're gonna focus on that kid. I can't even tell you that kid's name."

If I had invited Deion Lewis into my car to mess with my woman's feet, I would deny knowing who he was as well.

He has done this before. Remember when he said brady doesnt work as hard as manning ? Thats why he said this about lewis and that gronk is a great actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents