PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis or Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

BethelJohnson

Rookie
Reaction score
sign revis to a mega deal entering year 30 season and lose potentially DMC vereen ayers gost ridley etc etc

or

let revis go, sign maxwell who is a couple years younger to a reaosnable long term deal, be able to keep DMC ridley ayers gost and then go out and add some more depth along the O and D lines through free agency

sign revis to a mega deal entering year 30 season and lose potentially DMC vereen ayers gost ridley etc etc

or

let revis go, sign maxwell who is a couple years younger to a reaosnable long term deal, be able to keep DMC ridley ayers gost and then go out and add some more depth along the O and D lines through free agency

Obviously your trolling. If we extend Revis, since he is already signed through 2015, we can sign dmc, vereen and other key free agents. Especially if we can redo Vince again we can probably keep and pay a lot of our free agents.

Revis is signed through the 2015 season

I don't think he's trolling... I think it's a fair question. What if say, Revis decides he wants mega money, in excess of $16m per year with huge guarantees? And the Pats don't wanna pay that? Would Maxwell be a decent consolation prize? What would he cost in comparison?

I don't think this is a likely scenario, but it's a fair "what if."

I would prefer to keep Revis, but I am intrigued by option #2.

My gut tells me that signing Revis to an extension will be easier than signing DMC to one.

true, but we could easily franchise DMC if we go the maxwell route instead of revis

or

So, we pick between a false choice, or move that lessens the team?

Are you trolling, or just bored?

Revis changed the way New England played defense this year. I like Maxwell but Revis is a game changer.

So, we pick between a false choice, or move that lessens the team?

Are you trolling, or just bored?

Folks are indeed bored waiting for a decision to be made. I don't think that it is unreasonable to consider options in the rare scenario that Revis is not signed before March 10th.

If we don't have Revis on March 10th, we will have $20M of cap space to use on other players. Is it really outlandish to discuss how we might spend that money, and the best use of the money, under the scenario isn't coming back?

Folks are indeed bored waiting for a decision to be made. I don't think that it is unreasonable to consider options in the rare scenario that Revis is not signed before March 10th.

It is when you set up a false choice, as happened in this instance.

do not let revis go for maxwell.....hell.no.thankyou.please.next

Please delete this thread thank you

or

Revis. Also, too: Your premise is flawed. Signing Revis does not necessarily mean losing all of McCourty, Gost, Ayers, Ridley. Not to mention that Ridley is a) a luxury that they demonstrated they don't need to win it all, and b) not liable to command huge dollars coming off knee surgery.

Or release Vince instead and sign Revis to a huge $15M AAV contract(which saves us cap), while being able to keep the players you mentioned. I'll go with this option instead.

It is when you set up a false choice, as happened in this instance.
True... Signing Revis long term doesn't mean we somehow lose all of our other FAs. I think the poster was embellishing a little. He's no Brian Williams, though.

Maxwell is incredibly overrated

My gut tells me that signing Revis to an extension will be easier than signing DMC to one.
Idk about DMC being a hard resign. If he is a paper chaser, sure, but if he likes winning more I don't think there is another team that offers that to him on a level higher than us. Why jump for a few million more to a whole new team and staff? Seems stupid especially given all the success he's had since entering the league in NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News