PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Return of the Stork...any news? and what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT IF....Stork turns out to be a monster at RG. Why not make the O-line better by playing Andrews and Stork together with Shack pulling and destroying the D-line with some great runs by Blount. These are my hopes and dreams...along with world peace.

I don't know when it will happen, but it will happen and this year. Bryan Stork is going to be the Pats Center by the time we get to December. Here's why.

David Andrews has done a fantastic job. He's "done his job". However there is a reason he played for a top SEC team, was a 3 year starter, a team captain, and DIDN'T get drafted. David Andrews has maxed out his physical ability. He's not going to get much better. On the other hand, Bryan Stork is bigger stronger, quicker, and just as smart and hard working. The only way Andrews is still the starting C come the playoffs, is if there continues to be injuries at the G position, and Stork is needed there.

BTW- this isn't to diminish the job David has done. It is nothing short of miraculous that the Pats found him as a rookie UDFA, and he's done so much in his first 7 starts in the NFL He's done more than just held the fort, but he's still not the best C on the team, and given Stork's concussion history, we are luck to have him.

I don't think it's wise to say an NFL center in their rookie year can't get stronger or faster.

But yes Stork is superior to Andrews. What a delightful problem to have on our hands.

But yes Stork is superior to Andrews. What a delightful problem to have on our hands.

Even better, both of them are under contract for the next two years for less than $2M per year—combined.

Stork has played both Rt and Lt guard in the past, Andrews has Only played Center.
Stork is taller 6'4 than Andrews 6'2 . Stork is bigger 310lbs and more athletic than Andrews who is listed at 295 . So i can see Stork moving to guard unless something happens to Andrews.

Last edited:
Stork has played both Rt and Lt guard in the past, Andrews has Only played Center.
Stork is taller 6'4 than Andrews 6'2 . STork is bigger and more athletic than Andrews. So i can see Stork moving to guard unless something happens to Andrews.

G is also a position where you have twice the chance of suffering a concussion than at center, so it'll be interesting to see which way it plays out.

Stork returning is a big boost for us.
Wendell was moved to IR.
We need healthy linemen!

Keep Brady upright! It's amazing he's been knocked down even more in 2015, but still producing at higher level than last season.

with pretty much nothing but OG's, I'd say we run the ball more

Stork is taller 6'4 than Andrews 6'2 . Stork is bigger 310lbs and more athletic than Andrews who is listed at 295 . So i can see Stork moving to guard unless something happens to Andrews.
You screwed up, he could play RT tackle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3