PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Return of the Stork...any news? and what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I know he has been back practicing. but has there been any news of whether he will be activated for the game? I also am curious as to how he has been lining up in practice. I think Andrews has been playing so well you HAVE to find a way to get both on the field at the same time.

I know he has been back practicing. but has there been any news of whether he will be activated for the game? I also am curious as to how he has been lining up in practice. I think Andrews has been playing so well you HAVE to find a way to get both on the field at the same time.
It's a good question. Alas, Bill has not released his early roster plans yet so we will likely have to wait until Saturday at 4:00 to see if he is activated (and, if so, who is released). If he is activated, he would likely play, although his position would still be uncertain as Andrews has manned the center spot admirably and Stork can play guard. The decision may depend in part on Mason's condition, as he is returning from a knee injury and Jackson is still not practicing so unlikely to go Sunday, and Wendy i snow limited with "knee". Also, Stork missed a lot of time so is he ready to go (especially if moved to guard)? So many questions, so little information...

images

Last edited:
I don't think you HAVE to find a way to get both on the field at the same time. If either/both of Stork/Andrews can't play guard at a better level than Wendell/Kline/Jackson/Mason then it would be pointless. I expect Stork to take over for Andrews as soon as he's ready.

If I told you in training camp that Stork would be on IR-DTR until at least November and Wendell would miss a number of weeks with a mysterious illness, and the starter was a UDFA rookie, how quickly would you have reported me to be banned?

It's a good question. Alas, Bill has not released his early roster plans yet so we will likely have to wait until Saturday at 4:00 to see if he is activated (and, if so, who is released). If he is activated, he would likely play, although his position would still be uncertain as Andrews has manned the center spot admirably and Stork can play guard. The decision may depend in part on Mason's condition, as he is returning from a knee injury and Jackson is still not practicing so unlikely to go Sunday. Also, Stork missed a lot of time so is he ready to go (especially if moved to guard)? So many questions, so little information...
/QUOTE]

Stork hasn't proven that he can play guard at the NFL level. With so many guards already in the mix, I highly doubt we throw our best center into that pot as well.

I don't think you HAVE to find a way to get both on the field at the same time. If either/both of Stork/Andrews can't play guard at a better level than Wendell/Kline/Jackson/Mason then it would be pointless. I expect Stork to take over for Andrews as soon as he's ready.
Stork is a thicker, stronger player than Andrews. In short, hes better.

When he is ready, Stork > Andrews.

If I told you in training camp that Stork would be on IR-DTR until at least November and Wendell would miss a number of weeks with a mysterious illness, and the starter was a UDFA rookie, how quickly would you have reported me to be banned?

Quicker than the Colts resort to accusing their opponents of cheating after a loss.

You cannot replace Andrews right now. This can be revisited in the offseason, but I think Stork can play some gaurd.

I would rest stork and have him come back against the giants

Stork will not be activated until the last minute. Odds are good that he will be activated on Friday or Saturday.

This is my guess as well, if OG is ably manned. But Jackson, Mason and Wendell are all hobbling, as healthy bodies are getting hard to come by on the OL. Owing to injuries, it is not ridiculous to talk about Stork as an emergency OG, just as we have to invent someone from another position as OT3 while Cannon is out.

This is my guess as well, if OG is ably manned. But Jackson, Mason and Wendell are all hobbling, as healthy bodies are getting hard to come by on the OL. Owing to injuries, it is not ridiculous to talk about Stork as an emergency OG, just as we have to invent someone from another position as OT3 while Cannon is out.
Our O-line is a M*A*S*H unit. I can't recall this many injuries to a line- ever.

You are right. Stork may need to play G for a bit.

Great point, Mack. We should certainly consider the possibility that Stork plays some guard, but it may be nothing more than an emergency role.

I don't necessarily think it's written in stone that both will play when everyone's healthy, although we all have our own opinions and ideas as to how this may be handled.

Our O-line is a M*A*S*H unit. I can't recall this many injuries to a line- ever.

You are right. Stork may need to play G for a bit.

Did we recently see much of the same, maybe 2013? I can't remember, but there was a point where Nick McDonald was the 4th center that we used that year. Maybe 2012?

Just to clarify, do I still have all the other reasons to ban you or just those? :)

Did we recently see much of the same, maybe 2013? I can't remember, but there was a point where Nick McDonald was the 4th center that we used that year. Maybe 2012?

McDonald started a couple of games in 11 for Connelly and then later Wendy. Played ok IIRC.

Quick glance says that in 2013 they had 8 different O-lineman start games.

Tune into Bill's Beli-Chat tonight to find out...

Not necessarily. I've never seen the offense execute faster from snap to release than with Andrews on the field. Most of that is probably Brady, but not necessarily all.

Not necessarily. I've never seen the offense execute faster from snap to release than with Andrews on the field. Most of that is probably Brady, but not necessarily all.

I don't think measuring the quality of center play based the time from snap to throw is something that can be done quantitatively.

I'm confident in saying Andrews is a bonafide starting NFL center. No wonder they gave him 3 yr deal.

I'm just as confident in saying in the long view, Stork is a bigger, more physical player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back