PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Pats sign DT Tommy Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I never told you to educate yourself in matters of football. Yes my opinions are all unsubstantiated and idiotic you caught me. Please tell me more about what my opinions should be master.
As a general rule, you should start with all of them. Every single person would like 53 all pro's on the Patriots. Unfortunately Brady2Moss, that isn't possible for many reasons.

You are right I am insane and need medication because I do not agree with you. I sure hope you are never put into a position of power, I'd fear for the lives of those you oversee.

Case in point.

I don't think you need medication because you disagree with me.

I think you need medication because of how seriously delusional you are about the why and how this discussion devolved to the point that it has.

You are not simply a misunderstood genius being henpecked by a bunch of overly zealous homers, there is a real and actual reason you are receiving the kind of responses of are getting.

You realize everyone's post in response to me saying a player was a bum, not a poster, has been to trash me too so it's pretty common here.

I focus on football and it always collapses into people taking pot shots at me which is fine, but I'll fire right back when that happens. If no one wants to think about my opinions that is fine, I'll try to be more social and drink the Kool-aid I heard its good.

I started responding to your other post line by line, and I got to the point that I realized there is no point.
Hopefully you can develop an attitude that isn't so paranoid and full of persecution complex. It just isn't worth the time of navigating through your attitude to get to football.

Couldn't agree more. The signing of Tommy Kelly provides the Patriots with more than the necessary defensive line depth required to ensure that they are not strapped for the season one would hope.

DT: Wilfork, Love (yes, I still like him as a starter unless someone takes the job from him), Kelly, Armstead, Forston, Deadrick

DE: Jones, Ninkovich, Francis, Cunningham, Bequette, Vega

You have to think that out of that group of 12 that the Pats have 9-10 of these guys in mind for their defensive starting front 4.

Solid rotational guy, he'll be able to come in on limited snaps and provide a pass rush for us, giving guys like Wilfork and Love a breather. He isnt going to set the world on fire by any means, but hes a solid depth/rotation guy at this point in his career.

1)Your lack of reading comprehension is really troubling or maybe it is simply your opinion that anyone that defends themselves is playing the victim.

No, it's mostly just you with the baseless assertions and then whining when you get called out.

2) Really so the pass rush, defensive backs, and outside receiver has been fixed the last few years? You're really acting like it is so ludicrous to think these positions have been needs for years :confused: you are clueless.

Read what you wrote. Think about it a while, in a historical context. Re-read what you wrote. Think about it a while more. Eventually it has to sink in...right? Though, if your reply above is any indication, maybe I'm giving you too much credit.

3) Go look at the 1st freaking reply to this thread

You mean this:

Was about to post myself.

Ya-freaking-hoo, if he's ready to play, we should have a much better pass rush up the middle.

???

You've got to be joking. Anyway, I think I've said my part here. I'll return to my regular routine of simply ignoring your posts.

Or perhaps the coaches will allow camp and free season to mold their opinions of who is best suited for the final roster.

Also, Forston and Pryor are also in the mix, certainly more than Vega.

DT: Wilfork, Love (yes, I still like him as a starter unless someone takes the job from him), Kelly, Armstead, Forston, Deadrick

DE: Jones, Ninkovich, Francis, Cunningham, Bequette, Vega

You have to think that out of that group of 12 that the Pats have 9-10 of these guys in mind for their defensive starting front 4.

I listed Forston and I didn't list Pryor because he will likely be squeezed out due to numbers. As for your comment that "the coaches will allow camp and 'free season' to mold their opinions of who is best suited", thanks - I will remember that come pre-season.

Or perhaps the coaches will allow camp and free season to mold their opinions of who is best suited for the final roster.

Also, Forston and Pryor are also in the mix, certainly more than Vega.

No, it's mostly just you with the baseless assertions and then whining when you get called out.

Read what you wrote. Think about it a while, in a historical context. Re-read what you wrote. Think about it a while more. Eventually it has to sink in...right? Though, if your reply above is any indication, maybe I'm giving you too much credit.

You mean this:

???

You've got to be joking. Anyway, I think I've said my part here. I'll return to my regular routine of simply ignoring your posts.

Oops meant the 2nd reply, sorry professor. Treating me like a child will makes your point more correct.

I started responding to your other post line by line, and I got to the point that I realized there is no point.
Hopefully you can develop an attitude that isn't so paranoid and full of persecution complex. It just isn't worth the time of navigating through your attitude to get to football.

I'm not sure why you and others act like it is paranoia, a persecution complex, or me playing victim to respond to people taking shots at me left and right for disagreeing and not being part of the in BB we trust, everything is great crowd. Whatever its very clear that many posters here cannot handle being fired back upon.

I'll be sure to make my attitude more accessible to you next time :rolleyes: you may not notice my posts though it'll get lost in a sea of rose-colored perspectives.

I missed Forston, my bad.

But let's be more direct. if Pryor is healthy, he will NOT be squeezed out due to numbers. He is certainly better than Vega, Forston and probably a couple more.

I listed Forston and I didn't list Pryor because he will likely be squeezed out due to numbers. As for your comment that "the coaches will allow camp and 'free season' to mold their opinions of who is best suited", thanks - I will remember that come pre-season.

g1351502548869513940.jpg

That is a big "if" considering his last three seasons with the Patriots. I'll roll with Wilfork, Love, Kelly, Armstead, and Deadrick at DT as long as they compete to BB's expectations for that group of 5.

The one consideration that could be made is if Pryor is healthy and they want to roll Armstead out to LDE, are not happy with Cunningham and Vega doesn't show much. Then that would be a "plausible scenario" during training camp.

Either way - the majority of educated Patriots followers should be fairly satisfied of what they have on paper on the defensive line.

There should be plenty of competition once OTA and mini-camps start.

But let's be more direct. if Pryor is healthy, he will NOT be squeezed out due to numbers. He is certainly better than Vega, Forston and probably a couple more.

While I agree with your analysis, I still wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a DE pass-rusher like Abraham or Freeny.

That is a big "if" considering his last three seasons with the Patriots. I'll roll with Wilfork, Love, Kelly, Armstead, and Deadrick at DT as long as they compete to BB's expectations for that group of 5.

The one consideration that could be made is if Pryor is healthy and they want to roll Armstead out to LDE, are not happy with Cunningham and Vega doesn't show much. Then that would be a "plausible scenario" during training camp.

Either way - the majority of educated Patriots followers should be fairly satisfied of what they have on paper on the defensive line.

There should be plenty of competition once OTA and mini-camps start.

Pryor still has a good shot to make the roster this season. Frankly, as good as anyone. However, given all the machinations this offseason, Pryor will be in heck of a competition to do so which in turn is a great thing for the team.

I don't really understand the reasons to dislike this signing. We didn't just sign a random QB to a 20m/year contract.

We signed a veteran DT for depth purposes. If he is washed up and worse than those on the team he won't stay on the team.

If he's washed up and STILL better than those on the team, then we just improved our interior line.

If last year was a fluke and he isn't washed up and returns to his form of 2 years ago, this might be the most underrated signing for us this year.

I honestly just don't understand the hate. We didn't just hand him the keys to the city and if he doesn't perform he won't play. If he gets mauled on the line someone else will play. If he's getting mauled on the line and still better than Love/Daedrick/Armstead then we'd be screwed with or without him.

Theres no downside to Kelly in particular, we're either improved or we're not, we won't be worse. He was the best DT on the market that fit our needs for bolstering the interior pass rush.

They definitely aren't okay in terms of the future on any level, and it's certainly debatable as to whether or not we should be "satisfied" even going into this season.

At the moment all they've really done is added Armstead and Kelly. Vega may not be anything more than camp fodder, and no one else should be keeping us up late at night with excitement either. The group was good/very good in terms of run stuffing last season, but couldn't apply interior pressure to save their lives.

I'd agree with you that there are other priorities such as WR that would come before adressing the state of the DL (both future and current), but I still fully expect a higher round draft pick in rounds 1-3. On top of that we can probably expect at least another couple of vets and maybe that elusive pass rusher that we've all been looking for.

Tommy Kelly is a solid veteran signing, and we should be happy he is here, but I don't think we suddenly went from having major issues at the position of DL to everything being okay in one day either. That said, I think they are on pace for an improvement at the position, and a round 2-3-4 draft pick + a pass rusher would solidify the grouping nicely.

I'm not sure why you and others act like it is paranoia, a persecution complex, or me playing victim to respond to people taking shots at me left and right for disagreeing and not being part of the in BB we trust, everything is great crowd. Whatever its very clear that many posters here cannot handle being fired back upon.

I'll be sure to make my attitude more accessible to you next time :rolleyes: you may not notice my posts though it'll get lost in a sea of rose-colored perspectives.

Kontradiction's and several others posts that were negative about Kelly weren't lost in any sea.

Once again, you are completely blind to the reason why no one is taking you seriously.

I'm not sure that Pryor is better than anyone at this point. He really has done next to nothing his entire careeer. I realize there was hope at one point, but even if the rare case where he has been healthy he has done much.

I like the signing and the idea to kick the tires. Like with the Jenkins signing and Sanders though, I hope that Abraham is still in the works.

I get it, you're not paranoid, everyone is out to get you.
Perhaps some day you will realize if 'everyone' is taking shots at you, disagreeing with you, and causing you to look paranoid, perhaps you are causing that with your acerbic, negative, and argumentative approach. In any event, carry on, I just won't read your posts any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results