PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: McNabb to St. Louis for #33 & FS Oshiomogho Atogwe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real World

Reaction score
Interesting move if it happens. I think it's a good haul for the Eagles. Atogwe is a terrific safety, and the 33rd pick should net the Eagles a terrific player. For the Rams, they get to avoid drafting a contract killing, unproven QB, and can instead focus on one of the two D-lineman. Plus, McNabb should put fans in the seats, and allow the team to compete in a mediocre NFC West.

Local affect might be Jimmy Clausen sliding to the Bills. Although I think that Cleveland could make a play for him.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

McNabb to the Rams on the table

ORLANDO -- Donovan McNabb could be in a Rams uniform by the end of the day, possibly by the end of the week.

The Eagles have an offer on the table that would give them St. Louis' second-round draft pick (33d overall) and free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe in exchange for McNabb. That deal, however, is "not yet completed," according to a league source.

McNabb would be willing to go to the Rams if he was given a contract extension, according to a source close to the situation. He would not be willing to play for Buffalo or Oakland, two moribund franchises that might be willing to take McNabb without an extension.

McNabb to the Rams on the table | Philadelphia Inquirer | 03/24/2010

Last edited:
If it happens, it's a sign they want to win now. Suh+Mcnabb could be enough to go from horrible to 8-8. Do they dare sign T.O?

T.O and Mcnabb reunion! :D

But they lose their best Defensive Player.

Would be a stupid trade.

#33 for McNabb would be a fair trade.

That would really blow open the top of round 1 as the Rams are then likely to take Suh or McCoy at #1, Lions would take the either Okung or the other DT at #2 leaving 4 or 5 teams scrambling for Bradford and Clausen. Interesting if the Rams pull this trade off...

That would really blow open the top of round 1 as the Rams are then likely to take Suh or McCoy at #1, Lions would take the either Okung or the other DT at #2 leaving 4 or 5 teams scrambling for Bradford and Clausen. Interesting if the Rams pull this trade off...

The Rams are all but guaranteed to take Suh now. This is a good trade for them, IMO. They lose a good safety, but he can be replaced and they have now significantly upgraded the quarterback position. Philly fans should hope that Kolb is going to be as good as he looked in limited action last season.

The Rams are all but guaranteed to take Suh now. This is a good trade for them, IMO. They lose a good safety, but he can be replaced and they have now significantly upgraded the quarterback position. Philly fans should hope that Kolb is going to be as good as he looked in limited action last season.

What about Michael Vick? He's still 29, and last year was somewhat like rookie season v2.0. I'd choose Vick.

You should change the title until it happens, just because there was a "Report" doesn't make it so and as of now it's not happening.

Fine trade for both sides. I hope it happens for McNabb. What a crappy town to play for.

Horrible trade for the Rams. Might as well tell your fans that you're shooting for 8-8 and nothing better for the next decade.

McNabb is old. Giving two premium players for him is the height of stupidity.

Horrible trade for the Rams. Might as well tell your fans that you're shooting for 8-8 and nothing better for the next decade.

Couldnt agree more. Makes zero sense long term.

this would be so f'n stupid for the rams i cant believe it, in a deep, deep draft you want to give up your basically second first round choice, which will be atop the tree going into the second day, when people will be clamouring to trade up based on the new board and you lose a good player to get .......

a qb with a few years left, without the mobility to dodge for his life or the health to take the hits, you wont be upgrading that line either, you wont be getting draft help at wide out for your qb, you wont have a qb of the future, you wont have two top quality draft picks and you will have an overdeveloped and expensive defensive line and if if mcnabb picks you up a few wins a draft pick that belies your need for redevelopment next year.

Absolutely thoughtless trade if they go through with it, but the Eagles should bite their hands off.

That's a horrible trade for the Eagles.

What?! Couldn't disagree more.

You're giving up a great draft pick and a good young safety for a QB who will be close to if not done by the time they're ever good enough to compete again.

What?! Couldn't disagree more.

You're giving up a great draft pick and a good young safety for a QB who will be close to if not done by the time they're ever good enough to compete again.
The Eagles better hope Kolb can pick up where McNab left off. If I'm the Eagles, I ask for a 2011 1st round pick and they can keep that safety as I don't feel like spelling his name.

Couldnt agree more. Makes zero sense long term.

Agreed, why give up so much when you still have no chances of making it deep in the playoffs and have so many areas of need on the team?

I'd get a serviceable QB as a stop-gap, and trade that #1 pick down to the bottom of the first and fill in as many holes as possible on the roster, that'll make them contenders quicker than McNabb.

If this happens it also says quite a bit about what the Rams think about Sam Bradford and Jimmy Clausen.

Last edited:

McNabb is what, a year older than Brady. You act as if he's 40 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This would be a terrible trade for the Rams. I could see it straight up for #33 but not adding in their top safety as well. McNabb is on the downside of his career and doesn't seem to come up big in important games.

The Rams would be better off taking one of the DL's preferably McCoy because he can get after the passer a bit better than Suh and try to develop a QB in another way.

What about Michael Vick? He's still 29, and last year was somewhat like rookie season v2.0. I'd choose Vick.

If I'm an Eagles fan, I'd pray to whatever deity I believe in that this scenario doesn't happen. Kolb (from what I saw last year) is a MUCH better passer than Vick. Vick should be kept around to do what he did last year, and should not be in a position to even so much as sniff the starting position next season.

Sirius reports that St. Louis is amongst A NUMBER of teams interested in a McNabb trade including Buffalo...St. Louis has competition.

This would be a good trade for the Rams but they need some receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore