PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reminder: Single game tix on sale at 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scored tickets for 3 games. I was over the phone. Once I got through, I was able to buy tickets for multiple games.

Chargers (300 level)
Eagles (100 level)
Steelers (SRO)

The seats are not together though.

* So did I. You wouldn't be in Row 9 would you?

Im in row 20, and then just now saw a good deal on ebay for the home opener, 229.00 for a single in sec 205 for the Chargers game.. I know that is alot but that is one of the games I want to go, so why not..

Off topic, but it's amazing that the furthest west the Pats go this year is Dallas, and next is Indy. I was actually hoping they'd go to the west coast so I could meet my father for a game kind of in the middle of Hong Kong and RI. I know it's better for the team, but between that and the China Bowl being cancelled, they are really screwing their best fan in Asia!

Sigh. I'm gonna have to work thru a broker. Tried from 10a on. Thouroghly denied. As usual. That's the price you pay for being an out of town fanboy for another team. :cool2: Fair enough.

Sigh. I'm gonna have to work thru a broker. Tried from 10a on. Thouroghly denied. As usual. That's the price you pay for being an out of town fanboy for another team. :cool2: Fair enough.

I give you props for making the trip. And don't take it the wrong way, but I hope you have an awful time at the game.

Yeah, ticket scalping is out of control and no one seems to be doing anything about it. Why don't teams/leagues put pressure on eBay and sites like Stub Hub that are ripping the real fans off?
Here's a dirty little secret: Many teams are in bed with StubHub and have no problem with people scalping because the team gets a small cut themselves. The Patriots are not one of those teams but I would bet about half the teams in the NFL have a deal with StubHub.
Its not like middle men inflating ticket prices helps the teams out at all. Stub Hub advertises all over the radio and TV and the whole site is just a means for ticket brokers to scalp tickets at prices way over face value. How is this legal and why is nothing being done about it. I get it that they will never be able to stop 100% of scalping but if the professional leagues put pressure on these sites, it would make it much harder for professional scalpers to reach their audience and maybe would deter people who have no interest in going to the games from scooping up all the tickets.
Well, scalping is legal in most states and almost completely unenforced in the states where it is illegal (Massachusetts remains a state where scalping is illegal but that is probably going to change this legislative session)... How can the NFL or MLB "put pressure" on eBay to stop engaging in a legal activity..? All they really could do is revoke the seats of any season ticket holder who was selling their tickets online or to AceTickets or whatever. But even then, I don't think they can revoke the seats of a PSL Holder for those NFL teams that have PSLs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft